Apr 2, 2022
I made it to the end of the game but feels like the game is Messing Up. Every time I do a scene transition the screen goes black, even if I go and do a scene that worked while playing earlier the same scene does not work now. the screen goes black but the game still plays, if i can navigate to an exit in the current area while in complete darkness i can see again. Saving and loading leaves the screen black as well. anyone else have this problem, the game plays but a black screen covers the playing screen, menu opens and shows up however.
It started happening once i got 9999dpt and unlocked the ??? mind flower.

flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
This game deserves a proper uncensor to join Ambrosia and Celesphonia, but every uncensorer I suggest it to has no interest in the game.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
This game deserves a proper uncensor to join Ambrosia and Celesphonia, but every uncensorer I suggest it to has no interest in the game.
This won't be short term, but the dev has mentioned plans to remake Anthesis in the future. And I think Kagura would pick up the remake if it happened.

However, now the game has something else on (releasing March) and plans for another Magical Girl game after that so Anthesis remake isn't on the horizon yet.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I thought people would be interested they've more or less announced that they're working on Antithesis 2
Is it literally Antithesis 2? Because this developer has made a couple of games since then.
is pretty good, and they have something about a nun? I don't think that one is in English.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Is it literally Antithesis 2? Because this developer has made a couple of games since then.
is pretty good, and they have something about a nun? I don't think that one is in English.
That's not really the case. Shimobashira has mentioned interest in making Anthesis 2 (or remaking Anthesis), but as for immediate plans the latest info was still that he'd be doing a sequel to Magical Girl Celesphonia (with another MC, but in the same world).

The image above is something he toyed around with, but he has since hinted at another Magical Girl game again.

By the way, he has already confirmed Enisia, the nun game, would get an english translation from Kagura Games, but he has yet to give them the game files as far as I know.

Trisekia

Apr 13, 2021
That's not really the case. Shimobashira has mentioned interest in making Anthesis 2 (or remaking Anthesis), but as for immediate plans the latest info was still that he'd be doing a sequel to Magical Girl Celesphonia (with another MC, but in the same world).

The image above is something he toyed around with, but he has since hinted at another Magical Girl game again.

By the way, he has already confirmed Enisia, the nun game, would get an english translation from Kagura Games, but he has yet to give them the game files as far as I know.
I could be misreading it, but based on the last ci-en post from him it seemed like the next project was still in very early development, but that he had been working on some new systems for Antithesis 2 and that will probably come out for his next game. Assuming the next game will be like Celesphonia/Ambrosia then he'll probably be working on a ton of different systems which will add dev time while a Antithesis sequel would be reasonably easier to bridge the gap of releases since it'll have less systems to work on.

SirLoser

Jul 16, 2019

Do you have a link to the source for the magical girl hint? Not doubting you, just very keen to learn more about this possibility, and thanks for providing us with so much info my friend!

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Do you have a link to the source for the magical girl hint? Not doubting you, just very keen to learn more about this possibility, and thanks for providing us with so much info my friend!
Well, it's now more than an hint, the dev has officially announced the next game and it is indeed a Magical Girl sequel: .

Considering the title ("Kagehime") I'm thinking there may be some demon corruption like in Anthesis at play with this particular Magical Girl, but it's really just my own (wishful) thinking.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Well, it's now more than an hint, the dev has officially announced the next game and it is indeed a Magical Girl sequel: .

Considering the title ("Kagehime") I'm thinking there may be some demon corruption like in Anthesis at play with this particular Magical Girl, but it's really just my own (wishful) thinking.
It's weird. On the Dev's blog he talks about an anthesis 2 with a tan tomboy character, but he's also talking about an entirely separate game (magical girl themed) who's heroine looks almost exactly like the heroine from this one.

I mean.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you told me that one of these games was Anthesis 2 and the other was an unrelated game, I wouldn't guess which was which on my first try.
(except for the fact that the second image has the name of the work in the background, but ignore that.)

That being said, they both look great.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
It's weird. On the Dev's blog he talks about an anthesis 2 with a tan tomboy character, but he's also talking about an entirely separate game (magical girl themed) who's heroine looks almost exactly like the heroine from this one.

I mean.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you told me that one of these games was Antithesis 2 and the other was an unrelated game, I wouldn't guess which was which on my first try.
(except for the fact that the second image has the name of the work in the background, but ignore that.)

That being said, they both look great.
This is the magical girl heroine in her costume.
image-800.jpg
It's kinda plain, no?
I mean, skintight bodysuits are justice, but a magical girl costume should have more flair, or a short skirt.

She's cuter in her regular state.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Speaking of this game tho... where do you spend medals again?
Lol.
It's been prolly a year since i've touched it and I don't remember where to buy the energy-boosting foods either.

Edit: You buy them all from the rat in your apartment.
Weird.

Anyone know what the flower on the top left does? (Flower of Turbidity)
People have asked in thread but no answers that I can see.

Last edited:

shadowburn

Mar 19, 2019
This won't be short term, but the dev has mentioned plans to remake Anthesis in the future. And I think Kagura would pick up the remake if it happened.

However, now the game has something else on (releasing March) and plans for another Magical Girl game after that so Anthesis remake isn't on the horizon yet.
Damn an eventual Antithesis remake would be incredible. Lowkey might be one of the best games they've put out. It's just that since it was their first, it's unpolished and lacks the larger resolution.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes