OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Personally, I'm looking for something dark. I like the Bastard route of Our Fate, for examples.

Too many VNs offer 'choices', but punish you for not being super sweet to everyone (fewer points, shorter route, fewer scenes etc).

I'm wildly over eighteen years old. Gimmee some adult stuff. 'Naked girls' is not the only definition of Adult, you know?
Oh, do I ever. No worries I got you covered. I never said I would soften the tone simply because some can't handle it or simply don't like it. I'll just put a big warning sign that says. This WAY THERE BE DARKNESS. They can choose to avoid it, simple and hopefully acceptable.

Reactions: tek and Zenithtb

openSquadw4

Jan 8, 2018
when i see new game i only want to see [Completed]

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take your clothes off
So i can bone you

........ wtf was that? :WutFace:

Reactions: genthrow

nZk

「」
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
when i see new game i only want to see [Completed]

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take your clothes off
So i can bone you

........ wtf was that? :WutFace:
poetry at its finest for sure monkaS jk

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
That was a good start, admittedly the scene at the start was hard to watch, just like it was in "The Things We Do For Love", it's just a necessary trigger for the particular story, as horrible as it is. There's a lot of potential here in the story, and I think it's needless to say that I really like the models and renders are rather good too :)

I think if there's some things I'd like to point out, then it would be;
1. some bits of dialogue like "you 2", I wouldn't use internet language in dialogues, I prefer the use of full words :p
2. the loading time between scenes seem rather long, I don't know if it's because of the tyranno build though.
3. this is more of a question, but why does some dialogue appear in the middle of the screen and over all in pretty random places, and not in the box itself?

Other than that, a very solid, a very good start, I'll be sure to follow this project, I really do appreciate dark, multi choice stories, and seems that this is a neo-noir story, which is definitely something I like, hence why I love "His Legacy" and "Depraved Awakening" :)

Keep up the good work @OneManVN! :)

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Yeah but that may have excited some dragon fans. I don't want to make promises i can't keep ;)
As an aside, could you look into 1) Text speed (sloooow!) and 2) The colours on the roll-back? I have some confidence in my eyes still, but I have to squint to read this (see example).

Also, sexy dragons. I could get behind that!

Edit: Also, is there any way to enable "Press space to advance"? Having to hold/click the mouse all the time is ... tiring. Yes. Tiring. Nothing suspicious.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
First thing that I noticed when I launched this game is that it has no means to adjust sound volume or screen dimension (other than to switch to full screen). Not being able to turn off sound within the game (having to turn off sound in Windows or directly on my speakers) is annoying as heck. The second thing is that there is no visual confirmation when you click on quick save that the game was actually saved.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
As an aside, could you look into 1) Text speed (sloooow!) and 2) The colours on the roll-back? I have some confidence in my eyes still, but I have to squint to read this (see example).

Also, sexy dragons. I could get behind that!

Edit: Also, is there any way to enable "Press space to advance"? Having to hold/click the mouse all the time is ... tiring. Yes. Tiring. Nothing suspicious.
Apologies, it's on high priority. So many things to do I forgot how annoying it can be to click and enter. I'll do my best to add it with the next update (next few days) As for the colors that also escaped my one-man alpha testing skills. Text, I'll see if bumping it up one speed will help. For now just a bit of patience :)

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
First thing that I noticed when I launched this game is that it has no means to adjust sound volume or screen dimension (other than to switch to full screen). Not being able to turn off sound within the game (having to turn off sound in Windows or directly on my speakers) is annoying as heck. The second thing is that there is no visual confirmation when you click on quick save that the game was actually saved.
That was a good start, admittedly the scene at the start was hard to watch, just like it was in "The Things We Do For Love", it's just a necessary trigger for the particular story, as horrible as it is. There's a lot of potential here in the story, and I think it's needless to say that I really like the models and renders are rather good too :)

I think if there's some things I'd like to point out, then it would be;
1. some bits of dialogue like "you 2", I wouldn't use internet language in dialogues, I prefer the use of full words :p
2. the loading time between scenes seem rather long, I don't know if it's because of the tyranno build though.
3. this is more of a question, but why does some dialogue appear in the middle of the screen and overall in pretty random places, and not in the box itself?

Other than that, a very solid, a very good start, I'll be sure to follow this project, I really do appreciate dark, multi-choice stories, and seems that this is a neo-noir story, which is definitely something I like, hence why I love "His Legacy" and "Depraved Awakening" :)

Keep up the good work @OneManVN! :)
Thanks, the text you see on screen is animated text. It was intended to be a test, I forgot to remove it from the latest build. It actually is resource heavy on users end. Next update will see it disappear on everything but Alison's opening scene. As for the loading from scene to scene, some of them are intentionally slowed. Example the opening scene when the ambulance takes off. I know that some people like complete freedom which at times includes the ability to skip to the end with a single click. But I do need to maintain some storytelling control and pace :) I will, however, have a close look at everything and see if I can trim some fat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eerie Entity

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
In the event that my first post on this page was not clear. When I said I'm new I meant to everything that has to do with Development and posting on here. In short, it's a mix of lack of tools from tyranobuilder. And knowledge/time from my side to create my own UI from scratch. The included tyranobuilder UI themes are only in 960 the project is in 1920x1080 so if I do add the ability to control sounds/music you would be flustered and smash the screen. The buttons are off. I will add it eventually that's a promise. I just need to figure out a way to do it right.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for your replies, OneMan. I'm curious: why did you choose tyrano instead of something like Renpy (or Unity)? I may be wrong, but don't Renpy and Unity have more support in terms of the info that's available to new developers to get them started, as well as tools (plus so many people use those engines that it should be easy to find help)? I'm a software engineer (C++/Java) by profession, and if I had to choose a platform I'd choose one of them.

Asides from my (quasi-) professional curiosity, if tyrano is giving you too much trouble you might consider switching engines now, while your game is still in the early stage and you haven't yet sunk in thousands of man-hours.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Thanks for your replies, OneMan. I'm curious: why did you choose tyrano instead of something like Renpy
As an ex-programmer, my guess (from a look at the website ) is that it's a clicky-clicky vs typey-typey.

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
As an ex-programmer, my guess (from a look at the website ) is that it's a clicky-clicky vs typey-typey.
Exactly. Renpy would have taken me months to get to the point where I can actually start getting used to. I already work enough as is, and well tyrano is drag-drop and type dialogue, add some audio and image. I wanted to tell a story, I didn't care how as much as I did about the telling. Like I mentioned a few posts ago. If the chance to switch over to Renpy comes, I won't say no to it.

Last edited:

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Thanks for your replies, OneMan. I'm curious: why did you choose tyrano instead of something like Renpy (or Unity)? I may be wrong, but don't Renpy and Unity have more support in terms of the info that's available to new developers to get them started, as well as tools (plus so many people use those engines that it should be easy to find help)? I'm a software engineer (C++/Java) by profession, and if I had to choose a platform I'd choose one of them.

Asides from my (quasi-) professional curiosity, if tyrano is giving you too much trouble you might consider switching engines now, while your game is still in the early stage and you haven't yet sunk in thousands of man-hours.
I wish I could Bud. For someone like you, Renpy would likely be easy. For me, it's intimidating and very time-consuming. In plain English, I lack the programming knowledge. Also, you're welcome, I am honest and always willing to respond when I can.

3.50 star(s) 77 Votes