Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
starke, the founder of hrpgheaven, is a massive scammer that tried to monetize on a pirated game.
This dude is a poor ass from Portugal, living like a king now with that monthly 5000 USD patreon money. I don't understand how people have to be stupid to donate to such a disgusting guy, but then again after Breeding Season made more than 40k USD/month everything is possible.

I am still considering myself doing a patreon game with an top notch artists, without scamming people.

Reactions: ILikeSkyrimALot

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Holy crap, can we start locking every thread on this forum until someone posts a link? So done with just reading "lol patreon sc4mm3rs!" every single time.

Also above, if you think people can live like a king on 5k a month, get a grip. There's a team of people working on this game so they all get a cut. Even if they didn't, 5k is not enough to "live like a king". I'm not saying these guys should be putting way more regular content, but if they're scamming they're doing a relatively poor job.

Reactions: M-2315 and griffor

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Can't you read? I said starke is from Portugal, where the average wage is 1000 USD.
Yes, he is working in a team, or more likely he pays his artists / coder dude some cheap money and that's the reason they get all the delays.
They see all the money starke gets and what they get paid for and say fuck it.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
If they were paid peanuts, no way they'd still be involved with this project in any way. As you say, Patreon figures are right there. No way they'd accept a small cut. They have (at least) a writer, artist and programmer. They have a guy who made sounds for the game and have apparently hired a voice actress as well. I'm not sure sound guy is a separate person and I'd assume the voice actress doesn't take up a big cut (considering she's not part of the game yet I think). That cut needs to be at least divided by three. Maybe "Starke" takes a larger cut. That leaves you with ~1500 a month.

Finally, compare them to Impure. Sarah's Life is a bottom-of-the-barrel RPGMaker game. Impure is the only one "working" on it. He earns $ 2400 a month for that shitty game, and all the profits go directly to him. I wouldn't put that much effort in making what has been made for Alansya Chronicles so far if I could go easy street like Sarah's Life and then really "live like a king" in Portugal. Heck, if you look at the guy who makes Dating My Daughter, he makes 10k(!) a month and has even outright stated HE'S DOING DLC! I don't know what your problem is with these guys, I agree their project isn't perfect but there's far worse ones out there.

Even then, I think you seriously underestimate the cost of living (in any European country). What does average wage tell you? Can people just live off of the average wage?

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
first let me tell you I am from Europe and have an idea what the cost of living is in most of the countries here and believe me when I say with 5000k USD (or even lets say 2500 USD), you live a life well above the average.
Secondly, take the latest version of this game and compare it to 24 months of patreon money, that easily add up to 100k USD. Now do you see 100k USD in working hours put into this small game? Because I don't and again don't read what starke promises, like voice acting, 5 games in a row and shit. Just compare the product as of now to 100'000 USD.
Lastly, these guys you mention, I have no idea who they are. But if you say they are scammers I believe you 100%. This is what I said: you can start your own game on patreon and get paid easy money, because people are dumb.

Aug 5, 2016
If they were paid peanuts, no way they'd still be involved with this project in any way. As you say, Patreon figures are right there. No way they'd accept a small cut. They have (at least) a writer, artist and programmer. They have a guy who made sounds for the game and have apparently hired a voice actress as well. I'm not sure sound guy is a separate person and I'd assume the voice actress doesn't take up a big cut (considering she's not part of the game yet I think). That cut needs to be at least divided by three. Maybe "Starke" takes a larger cut. That leaves you with ~1500 a month.

Finally, compare them to Impure. Sarah's Life is a bottom-of-the-barrel RPGMaker game. Impure is the only one "working" on it. He earns $ 2400 a month for that shitty game, and all the profits go directly to him. I wouldn't put that much effort in making what has been made for Alansya Chronicles so far if I could go easy street like Sarah's Life and then really "live like a king" in Portugal. Heck, if you look at the guy who makes Dating My Daughter, he makes 10k(!) a month and has even outright stated HE'S DOING DLC! I don't know what your problem is with these guys, I agree their project isn't perfect but there's far worse ones out there.

Even then, I think you seriously underestimate the cost of living (in any European country). What does average wage tell you? Can people just live off of the average wage?
Being completely sincere, even if they got about 1500 USD/month each one, it does not justify the delay in the releases.
Come on, if they did get 8 hours a week to work on this game, they would get this done faster. You know what the problem is? lack of commitment.
This is why right now Gaweb Studios and Dark Cookie are my favorite developers. So far, they deliver regularly a good amount of content, and it's good quality content.
I think people like to keep complaining because they like and care about these games, and it's a shame that most of them will never be completed.
I love this game, the corruption, the storyline, the drawings, and I'm sincerely sad how the developers are doing their work.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
No, it doesn't. I've never said these guys are perfect; there should be more content out there in the timespan that they've been active. Hreinn released Noxian Nights and is working on Kingdom of Deception in the time HS has released ~5 patches. But I think there are worse cases out there concerning Patreon scamming than HS.

KeiranD

Aug 6, 2016
ITT: people thinking content = pics and texts. The rest of the game resources (such as tiles, scripts) are not included.
starke, the founder of hrpgheaven, is a massive scammer that tried to monetize on a pirated game.
How?

shadypro

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2017
I know this guys.The 'leader' is a total dick.Like two years ago he admitted that he have (quoting him here) "researched the market" for what most of the people enjoy (he said 4-5 things but I can remember only one of them which is 'corruption of the main character') and he also said that he will target this 'niches' and is just doing it for the money.

Last edited:

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
No, it doesn't. I've never said these guys are perfect; there should be more content out there in the timespan that they've been active. Hreinn released Noxian Nights and is working on Kingdom of Deception in the time HS has released ~5 patches. But I think there are worse cases out there concerning Patreon scamming than HS.
Agree, with a slight difference that every time Hreinn wants to draw a scene he just needs to go on google and type the name of the character to get a million references, Mukuyaki's art is 100% original. Not hating on Hreinn since I follow him, just stating the obvious, but Hreinn is one example, out of hundred bad patreons.

You all claim their leader said this said that, link us, I'd like to take a look at that.

Except you Kerlon, by all fucks, we already had to deal with your personal vendetta against the dude on ULMF until you got banned on multiple accounts, we don't want to deal with it here, just put a fucking sock on it for fuck sake. Fucking whiny little tool, swear to God, don't like it don't buy it, go pay for another 3D clone.

If everyone that claims they could make a good game could actually make a good game, wouldn't we more than 2 or 3 good English rpg maker games? It's like you don't use your brain on purpose or you expect others not to.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Agree, with a slight difference that every time Hreinn wants to draw a scene he just needs to go on google and type the name of the character to get a million references, Mukuyaki's art is 100% original. Not hating on Hreinn since I follow him, just stating the obvious, but Hreinn is one example, out of hundred bad patreons.

You all claim their leader said this said that, link us, I'd like to take a look at that.

Except you Kerlon, by all fucks, we already had to deal with your personal vendetta against the dude on ULMF until you got banned on multiple accounts, we don't want to deal with it here, just put a fucking sock on it for fuck sake. Fucking whiny little tool, swear to God, don't like it don't buy it, go pay for another 3D clone.

If everyone that claims they could make a good game could actually make a good game, wouldn't we more than 2 or 3 good English rpg maker games? It's like you don't use your brain on purpose or you expect others not to.
i am the same kerlon from ulmf and I posted similar stuff there regarding Starke, infact i justed posted there 30 mins ago. Actually the guy that got multiple accounts banned on ulmf is Starke himself, because he frauded people and monetized on pirated content.
So starke did you open a new account here to spread more lies? everyone can contact the moderators on ulmf to ask how many accounts starke lost there.

shadypro

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2017
Easy boy,now I get it why you chose that username.No need to defend him that furiously.
Also I am not going to force you to believe me, I am just stating what I have seen and know about him.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
Easy boy,now I get it why you chose that username.No need to defend him that furiously.
Also I am not going to force you to believe me, I am just stating what I have seen and know about him.
it's starke himself with that username, the dude is paranoic when his shitty game gets torrented. If you play his game there is even an intro threatening everyone with lawsuits if you spread the game LOL.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
i am the same kerlon from ulmf and I posted similar stuff there regarding Starke, infact i justed posted there 30 mins ago. Actually the guy that got multiple accounts banned on ulmf is Starke himself, because he frauded people and monetized on pirated content.
So starke did you open a new account here to spread more lies? everyone can contact the moderators on ulmf to ask how many accounts starke lost there.
I know, your stupidity is unparalleled.

And ain't that the beauty of the internet? I have no proof about something but I'm going to say it regardless and some people are prone to believe it anyway.

it's starke himself with that username, the dude is paranoic when his shitty game gets torrented. If you play his game there is even an intro threatening everyone with lawsuits if you spread the game LOL.
Or I'm a lawyer and two seconds on google show you I use this nickname in every hentai forum.

Reactions: M-2315

shadypro

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2017
And ain't that the beauty of the internet? I have no proof about something but I'm going to say it regardless and some people are prone to believe it anyway.
As I said already , I do not force you or someone else to believe my words.Also I am not going to dig up to find a 2 years old message just for you.
I spent 20-25min on it like 4-5 months ago and it was pure bullshit.One of the thinks I really didn't like was that he had you running around insanely large maps.Also the art is just average , not good , just average.I don't know what the guy above cries about , playing other "3d clones".IF the devs spend enough time they can make their 3d models look really good and unique.

Anyway , I am not going to argue anymore about a developer or his game which I am not interested in.I just wanted to state my opinion but got involved in too much drama.:15:

griffor

Aug 14, 2016
just have to wait and see to be honest these pointless arguments get no one anywhere if you don't wanna play the game don't if you do either wait for someone to give it to us or for them to release it those really only things that will happen. Or it will be breeding season but hopefully not.

4.10 star(s) 84 Votes