Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Does the game have multiple endings?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is the most lame way I can think of to end a game like this. If it is my mistake, and I was missing an item or a technique to avoid this happening, then that is fine. If not, and that is the ending . . . Well, rather disappointing.

Before that though, it was fun enough. A fair bit of time wasted where there didn't need to be (Like needing to clean each and every room in the maid questline for no point whatsoever, and the unskippable h-scenes ect.) but not enough to stop me from finishing the game.
No, no multiple endings.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
to be fair i didnt add "pee pee poo poo stinky" to call the game bad, it was just a stupid retarded meme and i thought someone would find it somewhat funny. game could be a masterpiece for all i care (we all know thats not the case tho)
Actually I think it was taken literally. I know i took it literally. Like urination and shit being in the game...literally.
So This is not the case I assume.

Reactions: Ghizghuth

3lfscout

Jan 8, 2018
Normally I don't care about NTR, but this game actually hit me.

I did not think that's even possible.

But:

The game literally lays the foundation for a truly great ending....... only to poop all over it:
Just when I thought, finally, now it's "back home" (to that village) to be repeatedly knocked up by the hero (the chieftain of the hidden village) and his tribesmen, the sow gets killed off and they all get NTR'd like there's no tomorrow - which ironically is true, there is no tomorrow.
Because as mentioned: the sow is dead, means the womb is dead, it cannot save the tribe

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Normally I don't care about NTR, but this game actually hit me.

I did not think that's even possible.

But:

The game literally lays the foundation for a truly great ending....... only to poop all over it:
Just when I thought, finally, now it's "back home" (to that village) to be repeatedly knocked up by the hero (the chieftain of the hidden village) and his tribesmen, the sow gets killed off and they all get NTR'd like there's no tomorrow - which ironically is true, there is no tomorrow.
Because as mentioned: the sow is dead, means the womb is dead, it cannot save the tribe
Well, as I wrote in the epilogue,

Durakonchinks

Jul 16, 2019
Played the game for a little, enjoyed it, but accidently lost my saves. I have no desire to replay. I finished after quest on collecting plants.

As I understood, it was yours first project, I do not know what goals was you are aiming for.

I like how the main character is designed both visually and internally. Scenes are fine, dick looks weird tho, it is like a torch, so red on the tip.

I did not like, that I could not avoid sexual encounters. Usualy in these types of games quests do exist in order to give a player the opportunity to save mc from the corruption, it is harder, and you have to grind in order to do that, however it gives you a satisfaying feeling when you get the results. But this is not neccesery, normal choice dialog will do the work fine.

Quest should lead to reward, the reward can be a scene, a change in the relationship, a weapon, story progression, story progression, story progression, money. If the quest is opptional player should get hint what reward will look like. In this game after the first boss it feels like quests do exists just to be here, you go in the forest and kill 10 monsters you return, nothing has changed.

Forest is hell, I hate to be here, you can not avoid fights. The location is like a maze for me, too many paths, too confusing to navigate in, get me out of here please.

I would also recommend make the character speed faster, and distance between points of interests smaller.

As I said earlier, I enjoyed it, and probably would finish it.

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Played the game for a little, enjoyed it, but accidently lost my saves. I have no desire to replay. I finished after quest on collecting plants.

As I understood, it was yours first project, I do not know what goals was you are aiming for.

I like how the main character is designed both visually and internally. Scenes are fine, dick looks weird tho, it is like a torch, so red on the tip.

I did not like, that I could not avoid sexual encounters. Usualy in these types of games quests do exist in order to give a player the opportunity to save mc from the corruption, it is harder, and you have to grind in order to do that, however it gives you a satisfaying feeling when you get the results. But this is not neccesery, normal choice dialog will do the work fine.

Quest should lead to reward, the reward can be a scene, a change in the relationship, a weapon, story progression, story progression, story progression, money. If the quest is opptional player should get hint what reward will look like. In this game after the first boss it feels like quests do exists just to be here, you go in the forest and kill 10 monsters you return, nothing has changed.

Forest is hell, I hate to be here, you can not avoid fights. The location is like a maze for me, too many paths, too confusing to navigate in, get me out of here please.

I would also recommend make the character speed faster, and distance between points of interests smaller.

As I said earlier, I enjoyed it, and probably would finish it.
This game's objective is to tell a story. My next game will be even more dedicated to that. You are right when you say that the gameplay exists just to be here(Even though there IS a money prize for quests)...Regarding the forest, its not that hard, you just need to get how it works. It's divided into north, sud, east and ovest, and I always end up saying where the player should go.(The first time you have to go north-ovest for the treant). I'll give you another hint, the center is connected with every other 'map'. That's right, this is my first game. Hopefully, the more you play, the more it gets better because I grew up as a developer while doing it. You are not the first one complaining about the speed, I will surely do something for that in the next game. I don't really want to come back with this one though. Regarding fights, there's a low encounter rate, I recommend you to flee, the game doesn't need you to grind.
Thanks for the review :)

PS. Here's a save after the plants quest.

Last edited:

Dice13K

Aug 10, 2019
Since you're here to actually read our reviews, here I go with a long and messy one that I'm updating as I'm playing the game right now:

Don't expect me to remember every single location that I'm supposed to go to whenever I get the green light of "you now have a REASON to do stuff."
You might hate objective markers, but when your gameplay is so basic that it's like eating a bread sandwich, some form of "your next objective is:" in the menu is mandatory. In fact, even if your gameplay is super awesome, this ain't the 1990s so have basic QoL 101 in your game, for crying out loud.
This includes enemy encounters. How about making it an insta-win if we're strong enough? If I can kill them all with a single dark pulse, then that's plenty strong enough.

Let's tie in the concept of not knowing where to go with: Cutscenes! I skipped paying attention to like three lines of a certain cutscene and then saved afterwards. This is a problem because I realized "wait, where am I supposed to go?" Well, I was 100% screwed because I was supposed to go hunt wolves and like... there is zero indication in the game that it was my goal. The game HAS to be keeping track of this because if you kill 9 wolves, it's not good enough. So why isn't there any form of indicator?
My only option was to start a new game or get lucky that talking to the Village Elder would remind me on what he wanted me to do <- except no one in this game does this very basic 101 thing that's also super convenient. Good thing I had another save right before I talked to him or I would've quit right there.
Speaking of quitting right there, at the veeeeeery beginning, if interacting with my bed didn't tell me what I was supposed to do, guess what I would've done.
When I started typing this, I wanted to ask a question on what to do after getting 1000 gold after leaving my friend and old teacher in a cabin in the woods. I took some breaks while typing to wander into every single possible building until accidentally figuring out what to do.
Oh yeah, the teacher was back in his normal spot and I don't think that was supposed to happen... maybe?

Remember: what's obvious to you, the developer, isn't obvious to anyone else. It's like saying "guess the number in my head." I know I'm thinking of the number eighteen thousand three hundred and seventy three, but it isn't acceptable for me to look at you and think "how did you now know I was thinking that? It's so freakin' obvious!"

Please, if the cutscene is our character being walked from point A to point B because reasons, speed us uuuuuuuuuuup. Instead of it taking 7 seconds (I freakin' counter, and also while I was holding down enter, so it's faster), let it take 1 or 2 seconds. Or skip 99% of the walk and just have the characters appear right before the point where the map shifts -> take 1 step -> and we're there? Maybe include a second button that speeds the entire game up?

Also, for the love of cheese, don't force me to spend money at an inn -> then go to go to the bed -> then click on it -> and then have the default option be "throw away 10 gold" when I'm trying to wait for night. What a massive waste of time.
Frankly, I would've preferred it if I didn't have to go into the inn; just do all that menu'ing outside and make sure to have the "wait until night" option atop the list because it is what you should do every single time you have that option.

That last point with the Inn made me wonder: do you take pleasure knowing you're wasting people's time? Because that would explain why the animations, though nice, loop on and on for three times longer than necessary.

Some logic in the story makes no sense. I was upset that I couldn't go back to the rich guy and maybe have a foursome or something. We needed money and Main Character was willing to prostitute herself IN THE SLUMS, and also a brothel for hilariously less pay than the slums (like an eighth) -> but going to a rich person's house? Never again! hmmmmmmmmm

Lastly, to address the the story more directly: I get it, you wanna tell a story. That's fair. I'm not about to complain on any plot shenanigans on that front. Other than my earlier nag, all I have to say is... just don't make the story 100% linear with no wiggle room -> and then put an Undertale reference.
If this game was like Undertale, I would've started murdering every NPC that looked at me funny from the moment I hit level 2 after killing some wolves; while internally thinking "you're courting death!"

btw, I saw the bottom right corner post-cutscene. lol
All the sprites of the characters used in a cutscene -> are tucked away in the bottom right corner, but you can still see them.

Reading how this is your first game, I thought to type everything that came to mind with some advice on how to improve. I thought about just deleting this several times because I mean, who am I anyway? I dunno how hard it is to implement any of the things I nagged about, but I decided to post it anyway... Take it all with a grain of salt, including the score, and just strive to improve yourself for your next game. You can do it.

uh, 2/5. I like the scenes (dunno what the program is called, but I appreciate it), but the "playing this game" aspect of this game did not spark joy. I probably would've enjoyed it better if it was one of those 3D comics with some animated panels.
I'm not saying that as an insult to your intentions in making games - but that's what I really feel. My thoughts (which will piss some people off) on that VA-11 HALL-A game was "Seeing how gameplay is literally "do I want to succeed or not?" -> it would've been better as a choose-your-own-adventure-book because it really isn't a game." Your game has more game than it, but it needs a lot of work to be a fun game to play.

Reactions: Imisx

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Since you're here to actually read our reviews, here I go with a long and messy one that I'm updating as I'm playing the game right now:

Don't expect me to remember every single location that I'm supposed to go to whenever I get the green light of "you now have a REASON to do stuff."
You might hate objective markers, but when your gameplay is so basic that it's like eating a bread sandwich, some form of "your next objective is:" in the menu is mandatory. In fact, even if your gameplay is super awesome, this ain't the 1990s so have basic QoL 101 in your game, for crying out loud.
This includes enemy encounters. How about making it an insta-win if we're strong enough? If I can kill them all with a single dark pulse, then that's plenty strong enough.

Let's tie in the concept of not knowing where to go with: Cutscenes! I skipped paying attention to like three lines of a certain cutscene and then saved afterwards. This is a problem because I realized "wait, where am I supposed to go?" Well, I was 100% screwed because I was supposed to go hunt wolves and like... there is zero indication in the game that it was my goal. The game HAS to be keeping track of this because if you kill 9 wolves, it's not good enough. So why isn't there any form of indicator?
My only option was to start a new game or get lucky that talking to the Village Elder would remind me on what he wanted me to do <- except no one in this game does this very basic 101 thing that's also super convenient. Good thing I had another save right before I talked to him or I would've quit right there.
Speaking of quitting right there, at the veeeeeery beginning, if interacting with my bed didn't tell me what I was supposed to do, guess what I would've done.
When I started typing this, I wanted to ask a question on what to do after getting 1000 gold after leaving my friend and old teacher in a cabin in the woods. I took some breaks while typing to wander into every single possible building until accidentally figuring out what to do.
Oh yeah, the teacher was back in his normal spot and I don't think that was supposed to happen... maybe?

Remember: what's obvious to you, the developer, isn't obvious to anyone else. It's like saying "guess the number in my head." I know I'm thinking of the number eighteen thousand three hundred and seventy three, but it isn't acceptable for me to look at you and think "how did you now know I was thinking that? It's so freakin' obvious!"

Please, if the cutscene is our character being walked from point A to point B because reasons, speed us uuuuuuuuuuup. Instead of it taking 7 seconds (I freakin' counter, and also while I was holding down enter, so it's faster), let it take 1 or 2 seconds. Or skip 99% of the walk and just have the characters appear right before the point where the map shifts -> take 1 step -> and we're there? Maybe include a second button that speeds the entire game up?

Also, for the love of cheese, don't force me to spend money at an inn -> then go to go to the bed -> then click on it -> and then have the default option be "throw away 10 gold" when I'm trying to wait for night. What a massive waste of time.
Frankly, I would've preferred it if I didn't have to go into the inn; just do all that menu'ing outside and make sure to have the "wait until night" option atop the list because it is what you should do every single time you have that option.

That last point with the Inn made me wonder: do you take pleasure knowing you're wasting people's time? Because that would explain why the animations, though nice, loop on and on for three times longer than necessary.

Some logic in the story makes no sense. I was upset that I couldn't go back to the rich guy and maybe have a foursome or something. We needed money and Main Character was willing to prostitute herself IN THE SLUMS, and also a brothel for hilariously less pay than the slums (like an eighth) -> but going to a rich person's house? Never again! hmmmmmmmmm

Lastly, to address the the story more directly: I get it, you wanna tell a story. That's fair. I'm not about to complain on any plot shenanigans on that front. Other than my earlier nag, all I have to say is... just don't make the story 100% linear with no wiggle room -> and then put an Undertale reference.
If this game was like Undertale, I would've started murdering every NPC that looked at me funny from the moment I hit level 2 after killing some wolves; while internally thinking "you're courting death!"

btw, I saw the bottom right corner post-cutscene. lol
All the sprites of the characters used in a cutscene -> are tucked away in the bottom right corner, but you can still see them.

Reading how this is your first game, I thought to type everything that came to mind with some advice on how to improve. I thought about just deleting this several times because I mean, who am I anyway? I dunno how hard it is to implement any of the things I nagged about, but I decided to post it anyway... Take it all with a grain of salt, including the score, and just strive to improve yourself for your next game. You can do it.

uh, 2/5. I like the scenes (dunno what the program is called, but I appreciate it), but the "playing this game" aspect of this game did not spark joy. I probably would've enjoyed it better if it was one of those 3D comics with some animated panels.
I'm not saying that as an insult to your intentions in making games - but that's what I really feel. My thoughts (which will piss some people off) on that VA-11 HALL-A game was "Seeing how gameplay is literally "do I want to succeed or not?" -> it would've been better as a choose-your-own-adventure-book because it really isn't a game." Your game has more game than it, but it needs a lot of work to be a fun game to play.
Got the fact that I have to do more bug hunting next time. Can't say the same about you not reading lines. If you miss them and then you don't know what to do it's not my fault. Regarding story things, I got your preferences but I have my own style. If I wanted to do things to please a specific fanbase, I would'have opened Patreon. That said, there's many ineteresting things in this review, I will surely take em in consideration for my next games. Thank you :)

Reactions: Doomy
Aug 16, 2018
I would back Dice13k on a vast majority of what they said. I got to the point where I had the 1000 and couldn't find a way forward, it felt like I had searched everywhere multiple times, but I could not find the progress trigger. It became frustrating enough that I just abandoned the game and found a full gallery save.

I would also mention that having a clearly WLW protagonist and then only getting 2 out of 35 scenes with actual lesbian content is deeply disappointing and annoying. There are a further 3 more scenes with Sapphic content but it quickly turns into an ffm threesome situation with minimal ff contact, or a masturbation scene where she is getting off on her recent lesbian encounter.

As an aside, I wish the lesbian tag was used less as a fetish tag, I end up having to push through 90% hetero games just to find 1 or 2 scenes and it just makes me feel like I've wasted a whole lot of time.

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
I would back Dice13k on a vast majority of what they said. I got to the point where I had the 1000 and couldn't find a way forward, it felt like I had searched everywhere multiple times, but I could not find the progress trigger. It became frustrating enough that I just abandoned the game and found a full gallery save.

I would also mention that having a clearly WLW protagonist and then only getting 2 out of 35 scenes with actual lesbian content is deeply disappointing and annoying. There are a further 3 more scenes with Sapphic content but it quickly turns into an ffm threesome situation with minimal ff contact, or a masturbation scene where she is getting off on her recent lesbian encounter.

As an aside, I wish the lesbian tag was used less as a fetish tag, I end up having to push through 90% hetero games just to find 1 or 2 scenes and it just makes me feel like I've wasted a whole lot of time.
I clearly made Cora say that the player needs to "buy a ticket and get there from Callaria". Callaria is really small, and there's a "Ticket Office" just south. It doesn't look that hard to me, but maybe it's just because I'm used to old games like FF, or maybe I just wrote it badly(I'm not a native english speaker). Regarding the WLW protagonist, that's true, I'm happy you noticed it but I didn't intend my game to be focused on lesbians. I had to use that tag because even if it's only 1 scene, that's more than enough for the site. To make an example, if an NTR hater finds even only 1 NTR scene in a game without the NTR tag, he's going to be very angry. That's why we have to be very specific with everything. Thanks for the review.

Aug 16, 2018
I clearly made Cora say that the player needs to "buy a ticket and get there from Callaria". Callaria is really small, and there's a "Ticket Office" just south. It doesn't look that hard to me, but maybe it's just because I'm used to old games like FF, or maybe I just wrote it badly(I'm not a native english speaker). Regarding the WLW protagonist, that's true, I'm happy you noticed it but I didn't intend my game to be focused on lesbians. I had to use that tag because even if it's only 1 scene, that's more than enough for the site. To make an example, if an NTR hater finds even only 1 NTR scene in a game without the NTR tag, he's going to be very angry. That's why we have to be very specific with everything. Thanks for the review.
Gameplay wise, the lack of reminder text for objectives is the biggest issue. Sure, she says it. You could even have the next mission objective bolded in red, but if I accidentally skipped over it, or if I saw that before I took a break, I may not know or remember what to do. Then I get frustrated as I try to go random places to see if I can trigger something. Maybe the player finds it before they hit their frustration limit, like Dice did, or maybe they don't and end up quitting your game, like I did.

saponetto

Jul 13, 2022
the game is immature in some phases: I often forgot the current quest and browsed random, i miss a quest diary , and I liked to do multple quest at once but talking about the story, I really liked , even the ending that comes suddenly. it's like a novel that ends on the sweet spot

but considering that it is the author's first game I can only congratulate him a lot and hope to see a second title in Aetheria universe.
great job man!!!

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
the game is immature in some phases: I often forgot the current quest and browsed random, i miss a quest diary , and I liked to do multple quest at once but talking about the story, I really liked , even the ending that comes suddenly. it's like a novel that ends on the sweet spot

but considering that it is the author's first game I can only congratulate him a lot and hope to see a second title in Aetheria universe.
great job man!!!
There's going to be a quest diary or something like that for sure in my next games, basically everyone wants it... Thanks for the review or Grazie per la recensione, if you are italian like your name suggests.

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Is every men that fucks Raya skinny guys?? No muscular or big men corrupts her??
Yea my bad. I was quite a noob when I developed this game. My next game will feature a lot of different types of men together with a lot of improvements. Regarding this one, I'll probably remake it when I'll find the motivation to do so.