Marsow

Feb 2, 2018
this game is awesome great story and characters but the one thing that just stops me from giving it 5 stars is there being no threesome scene between any of the main characters i know the dev built it up to make the big twist at the end more impactful on the player but i felt they just built it up too much to not do it
That's exactly how I felt and still feel atm. And I think that's also the reason where a lot of those immensely negativ reviews and opinions stem from. The people that wanted only one girl to beginn with had the chance to get their happy ending on way or the other. Those who chose (and believed in) the wonderfully written Megan-Melissa-Mc-triangle, got their mostly coherent build up until ep6. After that...there is nothing left, all gone in flames. Literally. And that isn't life, just bad writing. It doesn't matter if you end up with one of the other girls, because one part, the other half (or third) is still missing/gone forever. The first people "just" lose a good friend, the latter losing a good friend and a love interest. Now tell me, how does this pain compare in real life? Imagined or not. Or is the gist of this whole story that threeway-relationships are just a fluffy fairytale, to good to be true...that only monogamous couples are the "real" deal and everything else needs to be burned down for the sake of it? I don't think it was intended but turned out this way nonetheless. And it was also one of the implicit points about this whole drama of "too unreal, too much fake drama, too sudden..." a.s.o.. It took me awhile to get this, because it's never easy to become analytical, when you love and hate something in the same rather extreme way, hehe. Regardless, ty Doc PC for this wonderfull ride, even so it didn't have the outcome I was looking forward to.

Cya

Reactions: Lancelot Link

Lancelot Link

Dec 10, 2018
That's exactly how I felt and still feel atm. And I think that's also the reason where a lot of those immensely negativ reviews and opinions stem from. The people that wanted only one girl to beginn with had the chance to get their happy ending on way or the other. Those who chose (and believed in) the wonderfully written Megan-Melissa-Mc-triangle, got their mostly coherent build up until ep6. After that...there is nothing left, all gone in flames. Literally. And that isn't life, just bad writing. It doesn't matter if you end up with one of the other girls, because one part, the other half (or third) is still missing/gone forever. The first people "just" lose a good friend, the latter losing a good friend and a love interest. Now tell me, how does this pain compare in real life? Imagined or not. Or is the gist of this whole story that threeway-relationships are just a fluffy fairytale, to good to be true...that only monogamous couples are the "real" deal and everything else needs to be burned down for the sake of it? I don't think it was intended but turned out this way nonetheless. And it was also one of the implicit points about this whole drama of "too unreal, too much fake drama, too sudden..." a.s.o.. It took me awhile to get this, because it's never easy to become analytical, when you love and hate something in the same rather extreme way, hehe. Regardless, ty Doc PC for this wonderfull ride, even so it didn't have the outcome I was looking forward to.

Cya
The game sticks with you. I might hate that it does, but no one can take that away. It's definitely an interesting early experience in the realm of western visual novels. I hope and also don't that other games are this memorable.

This. Very much this, but that doesn't cover everything. For those who pick one girl and always pick one girl (I see Melissa and Rena mentioned this way quite a bit) then I think the endings are going to work more. (Then those strange people who like that cunt Ana to be contrary.) It's called a waste by a lot of people here, and that's spot on. The times I can count where a menege-a-trios going long term in fiction was not only hinted at, but made to seem realistic is something I can count on one hand, and in this kind of fiction, one bloody finger. Throwing that away for shock and awe is just writing malpractice. No stories don't have to go the way one would expect. I didn't well expect Liam to touch me like he did. I didn't expect to see a cancer plot work. I didn't expect to have a game that is both touching and funny. I didn't expect any of it.

I won't have a go again at how the game shits all over that beginning. I said it before. I can't be the first. You agree with it or you don't and in a place like this it will descend into Pyrronism. I played it one more time to see if with hindsight the game worked better. The opposite, if you were wondering, but I did notice why the last two episodes in particular feel so hollow even when they should be happiness, or that's the intent. The game changes. After the fire the bulk of your interactions are with a character , Jesse, that means nothing to the player. If we were with her from the beginning. Maybe a hint that something bad would happen in say the second episode, where at the end you see that your cypher of a character is narrating to a Psychiatrist then it gives her meaning. It might make me care about rattling my bone-box at some bird I don't even know. For the last quarter of Acting Lessons we have no real choices all we can do is sit back and get told about the fall and recovery of the main character in shorthand.

But the worst sin is that the girls who are the center of the game are not a damn thing more than objects in the end. Rena is the one who suffers from this the least, but even she falls into the same ending structure. Megan and Melissa's endings are basic palate swaps, Rena's uses the same move set. Ana's is a clear attempt at self insert with a girl who broke his heart. Dr.PinkCake went dark. He opened a door, and then instantly slams it closed with characters we don't know or care about and scenes that tell us about the main character's recovery, but they don't show it. All that time wasted with Jesse should have at least been with the characters who matter. Maybe you could have brought me around. But there is a difference in listening to the MC saying he and Melissa worked through things and SEEING it, being a part of it.

It sounds daft to many. But AL went too dark in episode 7 and then went too light in episode 8. The only time this game finds dramatic balance is Liam's story. He is a hell of a mate.

And Leah is still bloody awful. Just a fucking cliché.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
allright after some time i feel its about time i say something about acting lessons. Like many others i was really in shock after the fire i actually cried that evening after playing it, then i was a bit angry i must admit :) still i was aware the story was very well done but i was also considering not playing the last episodes, in the end i decided too continue, i do like a good story but i had too distance myself for a while from the vn thats why i only know played the last 2 episodes. I want too praise you for creating this story it is amazing work, i have never been so invested in a vn as i did with this one it made me feel all emotions from happy too sad too angry and thats an achievement for something thats basically just some text and pictures i hope i will see you create something else if not i wish you well in what ever you do in the future :)

Reactions: Enyos

Yukino

Donor
Jun 22, 2017
I liked it and i hated it.
I tried to balance Melissa and Megan hoping there would be an ending with both of them but no,
you are fucked, whatever you do.
If the game would not go for that threesome relationship from the start, that would be ok
but it leads towards that so strongly (if you go for both of them)
that this fire ending just seems forced, not necessary.
A really good game with a big flaw in my eyes.
I'm just to big a fan of harem endings, not necessarily all girls but 2 is a really nice number,
especially if these 2 are as close to each other as Megan and Melissa are.

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
wow so I am the type that likes to play through every branch to see how the all the different endings turn out but damn reading the walkthrough and seeing there is 22 different endings? is this right?

so quickly reading through it, it really seems like theres 3 different factors for each.

1. were you faithful, did you sleep with anyone else (sleeping with melissa and megan dont count it seems and doing the 3some line has no effect on the type of ending)
2. did you tell ann that you moved on
3. your friendship level with liam and if you hooked him up with rena (last bit doesnt count for rena line since well you're with her)

am I missing anything? how many saves do I need to get through all of this lol.

but how much of a difference are these endings? does anyone know? like is it just one scene? like if I were to choose to do megan - faithful - told anna off - liam with rena, and then I do megan - cheating - screwed ann - liam with rena, will the first 2 parts be different but the whole liam with rena is exactly the same?

or in other words, to avoid doing all 9 different permutations, could I do

1. megan - faithful - told ann off - liam with rena - ending 6 in the walkthrough
2. megan - dont tell ann you havent moved on - liam is friends but not with rena - ending 1 in the walkthrough
3. megan - man slut - fucked ann - liam is not friends with you - ending 7 in the walkthrough

if I did these 3, would I have effectively seen every megan ending scene? or do some of the other endings have different things that happen within them?

Reactions: AryeahXD

Lancelot Link

Dec 10, 2018
wow so I am the type that likes to play through every branch to see how the all the different endings turn out but damn reading the walkthrough and seeing there is 22 different endings? is this right?

so quickly reading through it, it really seems like theres 3 different factors for each.

1. were you faithful, did you sleep with anyone else (sleeping with melissa and megan dont count it seems and doing the 3some line has no effect on the type of ending)
2. did you tell ann that you moved on
3. your friendship level with liam and if you hooked him up with rena (last bit doesnt count for rena line since well you're with her)

am I missing anything? how many saves do I need to get through all of this lol.

but how much of a difference are these endings? does anyone know? like is it just one scene? like if I were to choose to do megan - faithful - told anna off - liam with rena, and then I do megan - cheating - screwed ann - liam with rena, will the first 2 parts be different but the whole liam with rena is exactly the same?

or in other words, to avoid doing all 9 different permutations, could I do

1. megan - faithful - told ann off - liam with rena - ending 6 in the walkthrough
2. megan - dont tell ann you havent moved on - liam is friends but not with rena - ending 1 in the walkthrough
3. megan - man slut - fucked ann - liam is not friends with you - ending 7 in the walkthrough

if I did these 3, would I have effectively seen every megan ending scene? or do some of the other endings have different things that happen within them?
The endings are all variations on the same idea.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: AryeahXD

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
is it just me or does this version not remember all the stuff i've seen already.

I replay this game often to see many of the different paths, and I use the skip feature to by pass all the dialoge i've seen already. but for some reason it doesnt seem to work for this one. its like everything got reset. even though I have saved that I can load up that take place near the end of the game.

is there a way to restore this? or are all the scenes reset and I just have to re-read everything again?

i'd hate to miss any changes that were done if I were to just skip everything. so yea. any ideas on how to go about this?

D

Deleted member 275322

It would be nice to have an alternative ending for megan and melissa. Because it would be nice to save both of them when there is a romance going on.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
The clearly uwritten bit with Liam is that Leah wasn't giving him the proper drugs to kill him so there'd be one less person in the MC's life.

As for the person above: No. You always end on a path with one of the three girls.

Reactions: Ithilion

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
The clearly uwritten bit with Liam is that Leah wasn't giving him the proper drugs to kill him so there'd be one less person in the MC's life.

As for the person above: No. You always end on a path with one of the three girls.
You can end alone if you choose to cheat on the person you've saved ( by having sex with Hedwig or the other girl or Leah), rejected Rena and rejected Ana.

Reactions: Enyos

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
@DrPinkCake dunno if you already reply this, but im a curious guy so i wanted to ask about this

Depending on your life experiences, I would like to warn you that the story might hit close to home, at times. The general tone will be happy, but if you're in a dark period of your life, I'd advise you to not play the game
can you elaborate about what this mean, i hope is not cheating since i dont like those type of games (in acting lessons ur ex cheats on the mc but since is so well done and somehow we dont see her at all in the game, i did not have any problem with it and i even have to say that i kind of liked her, even did her ending xD)

hope you dont mind me asking xD
(just to be clear im taling about the 2 game you are making, not this one, since someone misunderstood me, i want to be clear xD)

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
I liked it and i hated it.
I tried to balance Melissa and Megan hoping there would be an ending with both of them but no,
you are fucked, whatever you do.
If the game would not go for that threesome relationship from the start, that would be ok
but it leads towards that so strongly (if you go for both of them)
that this fire ending just seems forced, not necessary.
A really good game with a big flaw in my eyes.
I'm just to big a fan of harem endings, not necessarily all girls but 2 is a really nice number,
especially if these 2 are as close to each other as Megan and Melissa are.
Finally was going to give it a shot after seeing the completed tag on it. Read this review and now I really don't want to. Sounds super lame of the dev to do and with what others have said after becoming emotional invested, I'll stick with my choice of staying away from it. Also I'm not a fan of Harem at all.. in fact I hate it but can still appreciate the significance of a tri-relationship in the right context (can't be another dude, i'm no cuck lol). Thanks for the heads up.

4.60 star(s) 805 Votes