Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Nah, it's Oliver Queen.
He's gonna turn to MC and say "you have failed this city !"
I like the way you think. Maybe Ollie has been watching the whole time... and after the big choice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Episodes 7 and 8 are training Melissa to be a vigilante. During that time Megan leaves the MC for Leonardo DiCaprio and in the final episode, he kills himself. It'd be avant-garde for sure.

On the bright side: Melissa sends Liam to one of the Lazarus Pits... and problem solved! He and Rena live happily ever after.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Part of the reason for all of the Megan-centric story, is that none of this (aside from Liam) would have happened if it wasn't for her. She is at once, a curse and a blessing.
But most of it happens before they are any sort of 'item' or couple. Leah for instance comes into the story before you know Megan's name. Angela and Hedwig are met entirely independently of the Megan storyline, and who knows how many more you'd have met if you'd been out partying with Liam more and not fawning around Megan.

Driving out to the coast to spend a day with a gorgeous girl only happens because of your car - you don't have to kiss it's radiator and screw its exhaust pipe because of that. XD

I'm not saying she shouldn't be in the story, and as a major character, I just would have liked an option to be platonic considering that compared to all of the others, she's pretty 'vanilla' and uninteresting. Liam proves that a character can be fantastic and essential to a story without you having to want a romance with them.

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
Maybe my favorite thing about the last episode is that it triggered BRM into posting. Haha, it's fun.

But now I'm a bit worried. What if next episode the dev unwraps a bunch of drama and we find out that Revan wasn't mind controlling to escalate events and that neither Melissa nor Megan suddenly have terminal one episode cancer from smoke inhalation? People are ok, then everyone hugs and cries, and the forums fill with people saying things like "Wow I never knew sadness or happiness or emotions existed, I am so grateful to this game for beating me over the head with them, best game ever!"

I guess we'll cross that bridge if we get there. Unless the bridge blows up or catches fire or something.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
The awkward part of the game for me is that Megan seems (to me) to be the least attractive and least interesting of all the females. But so far it has felt like the story is pushing me into a relationship with her I don't really want. Melissa is both more wildly fun, and more in need of a hero. Leah is more age-appropriate, grown up, and unreservedly interested. But to pursue either of those, I have to 'cheat' on someone when obviously the MC hates the entire concept of cheating (based on backstory).

Seriously, it feels a bit as if the author had just decided that Megan was something irresistible as a given, and thus didn't write anything into the game that makes her so. Meanwhile, because in the author's head Megan is so irresistible he made the other options very very appealing, but actually wrote that in and did the graphics to match. The problem though is that it hasn't (for me) created a tough choice, just one that doesn't seem to be in the game - just help Megan as a friend and not find her that attractive. I'd like a clear 'Best Friends' path to be available and clear, which could then either be kept platonic, or spiced up with a choice to risk becoming friends with benefits.
You are absolutely right. I tried every single option to avoid being Megan's boyfriend because I much prefer Melissa or Rena if not her. Yeh no chance you are stuck with the abandoned cat you fed once.

Hell, I would have prefered to be alone and do stuff with Liam to laugh some instead of Megan, she bores me.

Also, by the preview, we can obviously deduce that the dude with the hood is going to enter in someones house stab 56 exact times everyone thats in there and then leave to blow up the car where the girl you decided to save is waiting for you. Quote me on this when it happens :RarePepe:

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
It's totally John Diggle in the Arrow costume, and this is yet another weird ripple effect from Barry running back in time and messing with stuff.

DAMN IT, FLASH.
And that somehow gave the guy in RtP his super dick powers. It's all falling into place.

Tecton

May 25, 2017
Don't suppose if anyone knows a way to unlock the gallery without burning through every choice and option, hmm?

takeshikovash

Sep 17, 2018

Missy won with 1% margin (41% Missy, 40% Megan, 19% Rena). That was the closest poll yet.
As promised, here is a Missy wallpaper. Note that I have attached a 4k and a full HD version of the wallpaper to this post.

Cheers
Dr PinkCake

4k View attachment 154759 - full HD View attachment 154760
The love of my life has won :firstimekiss: Now have my poster for the bedroom :) Thanks a lot!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Do the people who don't want anything to do with Megan realize they are playing the wrong game. There is no point in bitching about something that the developer has baked into the plot. It ain't going to change.

The game just doesn't work if the MC doesn't desire Megan. Even his desire for Melissa is played against his desire for Megan. In fact, I believe that the pairing of Megan and Melissa with the MC was the main impetus for even creating this game. And even playing strictly with Megan as the sole love interest, which I have done in one path, shortchanges the player. The relationship between the three is the central plot. Take Megan out, and you don't have a game worth playing.

Wishing the game were something else will only lead to frustration.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Do the people who don't want anything to do with Megan realize they are playing the wrong game. There is no point in bitching about something that the developer has baked into the plot. It ain't going to change.

The game just doesn't work if the MC doesn't desire Megan. Even his desire for Melissa is played against his desire for Megan. In fact, I believe that the pairing of Megan and Melissa with the MC was the main impetus for even creating this game. And even playing strictly with Megan as the sole love interest, which I have done in one path, shortchanges the player. The relationship between the three is the central plot. Take Megan out, and you don't have a game worth playing.

Hey, Megan is my fave... but I don't think that's QUITE what people are saying. I think the argument is more this: for being the 100% always happening romance... Megan is a bit dull. At least in their opinion. And I can see where they are coming from. Mel has her drama baked in... with Peter mainly, but she's also quite hot... and the most sexually active character in the game by number of scenes with the MC. She is also more adventurous or at least comes off as more so than Megan does. Her sex scenes are usually a bit more exciting too, with some of them having Megan nearby, which adds a bit of taboo to the whole affair... or even something like the shower scene adding variety.

Edit: And I forgot to add... and that's why they would want the choice. To them Melissa is just SO much more interesting a character and she has more scenes. It creates some ludo-narrative dissonance from them.

takeshikovash

Sep 17, 2018

Totally agree. In fact, despite my feelings, I've saved Megan. Without Megan, no game.

4.60 star(s) 805 Votes