VN Ren'Py A Step Above Satisfaction [v2.0] [sibbixart]

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Half the games on this site that are tagged for NTR don't involve a romantic interest, but merely characters the MC fantasises about. If you're not actually involved with a person, it's impossible for them to cheat on you, and therefore it can't be NTR.
Except NTR doesn't mean cheating or cuckolding. 寝取られ or netorare is made from the characters for sleeping (ne/寝) and taking (toru/取ら). That's what netoru or netorare means, stealing through sex. So if you have a mother who sleeps with her child's bully and abandons her relationship with her son that's netorare. If you have the MC's big sister who he's always been extremely close with and she ends up being seduced by a villain who steals her away from the MC and essentially destroys their close sibling relationship then that's netorare. If the MC has a close childhood friend who ends up being stolen away and seduced or corrupted by a villain to the point that her relationship with the MC gets destroyed then that's also netorare.

What makes something netorare is there needs to be a victim, a villain and a heroine. There needs to be stealing, either through seduction, blackmail, rape or corruption. Lastly there needs to be the destruction or significant subversion of a pre existing relationship.
Some guy marrying the MC's mom, respecting her relationship with her son and not trying to subvert it or steal her away from him is not netorare because there's no villain or victim and the existing relationship is preserved.
The mom trying to confront her child's bully, eventually being seduced and corrupted until she starts joining her lover in bullying her child is netorare. There's villainy, there's a victim, and there's stealing leading to the breakdown of a pre-existing relationship.
Best explanation I've ever seen about NTR is it's not the fetishization of cuckolding but the fetishization of loss.

Reactions: bakuon

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Except NTR doesn't mean cheating or cuckolding. 寝取られ or netorare is made from the characters for sleeping (ne/寝) and taking (toru/取ら). That's what netoru or netorare means, stealing through sex. So if you have a mother who sleeps with her child's bully and abandons her relationship with her son that's netorare. If you have the MC's big sister who he's always been extremely close with and she ends up being seduced by a villain who steals her away from the MC and essentially destroys their close sibling relationship then that's netorare. If the MC has a close childhood friend who ends up being stolen away and seduced or corrupted by a villain to the point that her relationship with the MC gets destroyed then that's also netorare.

What makes something netorare is there needs to be a victim, a villain and a heroine. There needs to be stealing, either through seduction, blackmail, rape or corruption. Lastly there needs to be the destruction or significant subversion of a pre existing relationship.
Some guy marrying the MC's mom, respecting her relationship with her son and not trying to subvert it or steal her away from him is not netorare because there's no villain or victim and the existing relationship is preserved.
The mom trying to confront her child's bully, eventually being seduced and corrupted until she starts joining her lover in bullying her child is netorare. There's villainy, there's a victim, and there's stealing leading to the breakdown of a pre-existing relationship.
Best explanation I've ever seen about NTR is it's not the fetishization of cuckolding but the fetishization of loss.
I don't care how the word was derived, every single game on this site that is tagged with NTR relates to cheating or some instance where the MC perceives they're being cheated on. We're not concerned where the word comes from, only how it relates to the games on this site. And whatever the word originally meant in Japan, it's evolved way beyond that. You ask anyone on this site what NTR means, and about 99.9 % of them will say it relates to cheating and cucking. The true meaning of words, is not related to their origins, but the current understanding of what they represent. And since netorare has now been appropriated into common usage in the rest of the world, it's original Japanese meaning is becoming increasingly defunct.

The problem is, even though everyone seems to think they know what it means, there is no clear definition of what it now actually means. The Japanese may once have been sure what it meant, but judging by some of the Japanese games on this site, I don't think that's the case anymore. That's why there is so much confusion and argument about what it really means, everytime it's tagged or not tagged as such, on this site.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I don't care how the word was derived, every single game on this site that is tagged with NTR relates to cheating or some instance where the MC perceives they're being cheated on.
That's definitely not the case. There's some mom-son NTR where the son isn't sexually attracted to his mother.
The word's origin is entirely relevant to the meaning of it and the reason that most people don't know what it means is because the word's origin is as foreign to them as the Japanese language is.
As for Japanese devs misusing the word that's mostly intentional cuck baiting. NTR is popular in their market so marketing non NTR games as NTR means more money

ericcha

Jun 21, 2021

The interpretation is correct just not the right way to interpret it. The stealing through sexual pleasure is correct. There has to be stealing from the sexual partner or intended sexual partner. You have to use it in the right context. You are looking for a literal translation of each word instead of the meaning of the phrase.

Valtra01

Mar 15, 2020
I don't care how the word was derived, every single game on this site that is tagged with NTR relates to cheating or some instance where the MC perceives they're being cheated on. We're not concerned where the word comes from, only how it relates to the games on this site. And whatever the word originally meant in Japan, it's evolved way beyond that. You ask anyone on this site what NTR means, and about 99.9 % of them will say it relates to cheating and cucking. The true meaning of words, is not related to their origins, but the current understanding of what they represent. And since netorare has now been appropriated into common usage in the rest of the world, it's original Japanese meaning is becoming increasingly defunct.

The problem is, even though everyone seems to think they know what it means, there is no clear definition of what it now actually means. The Japanese may once have been sure what it meant, but judging by some of the Japanese games on this site, I don't think that's the case anymore. That's why there is so much confusion and argument about what it really means, everytime it's tagged or not tagged as such, on this site.
99.9 percent on this site will scream NTR if any of the female has had sex before MC. Even if it´s the MC´s mom having sex with her husband every 5th sunday.

frodoneo

Dec 30, 2018
This game has nice CG but awful story. Like where are you rushing man. At this rate, next episode Jane will be 60 years old! Slow down and extend the plot and give some god damn choices! lol

L0b0ts

Feb 22, 2021
The latest update about the wife going to the club and seeing her husband cheating and getting shagged watching the husband cheating just didn't work for me and the new female MC character is totally different to the original character and that's not working for me either. I wish the developer the best of luck in the future, and I don't regret supporting the game before the latest update, but I will stay away for now until I start getting impressed with it.

Lucioleee

Jun 4, 2017
You put a very nice setting to get the wife to cheat on her husband... and you had to make her husband cheat on her. What is the point ? 1/ With the way you set it up, you didn't need this trigger. 2/ Now there is almost no taboo in her cheating on him since it's just doing the same thing he did.
Edit : I honestly liked 2D better. But maybe it's easier for you to do it in 3D.

Reactions: L0b0ts
2.50 star(s) 4 Votes