A poll to indicate your preferences

What do you want or don't want to see in a game?

• If it's optional, I enjoy having cheating or NTR.

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Even if it's optional, I dislike cheating or NTR.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • If it's optional, I enjoy sharing content.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Even if it's optional, I dislike sharing content.

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
I've been working on a game for a while now, but I've reached a point where I need to decide which content to push forward. My primary goal is to have a fun gaming experience, but I also want to ensure that there is plenty of content. I wrote the story a long time ago, so I'm not doing it for monetary gain. I primarily want to get the game out there in a good state and see how it goes.

The game I'm working on is a sandbox/RPG, and I was wondering what else you guys would like to see in such a game, aside from the content I want to include. It's a big task, especially creating the animations, so I want to make sure before I throw something in that most people don't like.

Thanks for taking the time to vote in this poll. It is much appreciated.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Based in the options of your poll, the content is cheating/NTR, right? I'll start from the base that you like that content. Why limit yourself to what a poll decides? Especially if you didn't create it for monetary gain.

I won't answer the poll because it doesn't have the option I would take: Include in your game whatever content makes your rocks go off.

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
Exactly what Rafster said. Polls are pointless. Make the game that if you weren't the developer, it's something you'd pick up and play to completion. Then share it and the people who are interested in that stuff will flock to it while the people who don't have that interest would not play it anyways.

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
I won't answer the poll because it doesn't have the option I would take: Include in your game whatever content makes your rocks go off.

Thanks for your feedback; I've already included what I wanted and plan to include more in the future. Personally, I believe that cheating and sharing are fairly normal and realistic actions, but I was skeptical because so many people here are opposed to it. They'll be optional, and cheating will only occur if the player does something wrong. At least, that's what I had in mind.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
but I was skeptical because so many people here are opposed to it.
There is indeed a bunch of whiny bitches here that keep whining about anything that doesn't align with their ideal form of harem yes, but why would you give a shit?
Just do what you like, your stuff will find its own audience anyway. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: Mad_Doc and DonOps

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
I've been working on a game for a while now, but I've reached a point where I need to decide which content to push forward. My primary goal is to have a fun gaming experience, but I also want to ensure that there is plenty of content. I wrote the story a long time ago, so I'm not doing it for monetary gain. I primarily want to get the game out there in a good state and see how it goes.

The game I'm working on is a sandbox/RPG, and I was wondering what else you guys would like to see in such a game, aside from the content I want to include. It's a big task, especially creating the animations, so I want to make sure before I throw something in that most people don't like.

do you create a game and do it without wanting to make money? for me it is wrong! what harm would there be in wanting to see monetize a job that took away precious time from your days? why "demonize" those who want to do a project and have the "ambition" of wanting to be paid!!
anyway having said that, did you create a story? publish it, if you like it continue, otherwise change it in the future, but as blind (for us users) as you can think that we can give you ideas on what you like... then pleasure is a subjective thing, what I like, it's not said that others like it... for example: I can't stand futa/trans... but there aren't any games that are great for this reason.
believe in your abilities and take risks if you believe that your project is valid, otherwise you will always be a mediocre person.

Reactions: DonOps

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
do you create a game and do it without wanting to make money? for me it is wrong! what harm would there be in wanting to see monetize a job that took away precious time from your days? why "demonize" those who want to do a project and have the "ambition" of wanting to be paid!!
anyway having said that, did you create a story? publish it, if you like it continue, otherwise change it in the future, but as blind (for us users) as you can think that we can give you ideas on what you like... then pleasure is a subjective thing, what I like, it's not said that others like it... for example: I can't stand futa/trans... but there aren't any games that are great for this reason.
believe in your abilities and take risks if you believe that your project is valid, otherwise you will always be a mediocre person.
Zero people demonized anybody wanting to be paid for their game in this thread.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
Zero people demonized anybody wanting to be paid for their game in this thread.
I actually wrote it in quotation marks...
if a person has to specify that he doesn't do it to monetize, for me it's wrong to even think so! everyone who creates a game must do it to earn something, I don't believe in charity
ps: then grant me the fact that I don't speak English, and some google translation, it's not accurate at best

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
Sorry for not being more specific. Of course, if people liked the game, it would save a lot of the burden and time spent developing it. But even if I didn't get paid, I'd keep working on it because I enjoy what I'm doing. I'll start by publishing and see how things go. Since Patreon prohibits taboo content, I'd have to create a subscribestar account, I guess.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
Sorry for not being more specific. Of course, if people liked the game, it would save a lot of the burden and time spent developing it. But even if I didn't get paid, I'd keep working on it because I enjoy what I'm doing. I'll start by publishing and see how things go. Since Patreon prohibits taboo content, I'd have to create a subscribestar account, I guess.
my message is not meant to be a criticism just to criticize, but you have to see it as an encouragement to believe in yourself! try perhaps with a first version like "demo" where you put as many features to make it clear where you intend to develop, then you see an initial response on how many download the game, and maybe later you can ask in which sector to improve... but that's too vague and I don't feel like giving an opinion because I couldn't be objective

RetiredMember

May 29, 2017

Why not make your game first? A sandbox/RPG is a good start, but it's very hard to make. But, if you can pull it off, you're great!
Because this forum is for adults, so I will give some pointers regarding sexual content.

Internal factors:
1.What kind of games do you really want to create? This is important to keep going, because you will have self-motivation in the long run.
2. What are your boundaries/limits that you can stomach in a game content? What kinks/fetishes do you want to provide in the game?
3. Do you have a team, or go solo? What are your skills?

External factors:
After you clean up your internal factors, you can make a survey to know your demographics/audience:
1. Will your game marketable in the current market? In this forum, example?
2. Make a survey around online, there are many forums and discord servers or anything. Share your game whether it's free or freemium.
3. Focus on your demographics and if you can expand, it's a good sign.
----------
In my opinion, gameplay and story trump the graphics. But with better graphics, you can immerse better (for example, degree of lewdity has very minimum graphics, but the gameplay is superb, though it caters to everyone - which sucks because they have to spend more resources on developing more 'branches')
Another thing, some game devs/publishers want to cater to everyone, but it ended up pleasing no one and the main demographics went away because they create other games. It's hit and miss sometimes, but from what I am seeing in these 10 years from DLsite/DMM/pixiv fanbox/fantia, there are indeed market shifts now (I won't go explaining more).

Hope this helps

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
Thanks for the feedback. To answer some questions, I've been working on this game for quite some time and am very excited about how it will turn out. Every time I make an update, I enjoy playing the game from the beginning. I have no intention of publishing or advertising my game on other websites. I'd appreciate the support, but I'm not doing it mainly for the money. I'm working on it by myself, but a girlfriend recently offered to do voice acting. Although I'm not sure about that yet.

Reactions: RetiredMember

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Yet another poll lacking a neutral option to choose from.

Always "Yes" or "No", always "I love it" or "I hate it", almost never a "I don't mind" or "I don't care".

People who are indifferent to a kink don't seem to count. :cautious:

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
Yet another poll lacking a neutral option to choose from.

Always "Yes" or "No", always "I love it" or "I hate it", almost never a "I don't mind" or "I don't care".

People who are indifferent to a kink don't seem to count. :cautious:
That is correct; I have added it. Thanks for pointing it out. :KEK:

Reactions: Hagatagar

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
I actually wrote it in quotation marks...
if a person has to specify that he doesn't do it to monetize, for me it's wrong to even think so! everyone who creates a game must do it to earn something, I don't believe in charity
ps: then grant me the fact that I don't speak English, and some google translation, it's not accurate at best
Alright, I'll bite.

You can put it in quotation marks but your thought process doesn't need the quotes. For some reason you took someone wanting to work for free as an attack on developers wanting to be paid and you decided that quotes means you are but at the same time not saying that people are against it. Nobody is. Nobody is against developers being paid for their work. What people are against is people putting out mediocrity and demanding to be paid for their work.

It's called working for yourself. There's ups and downs. Ups is you can put yourself on whatever time constraints as you want, clock in and out when you want, pay yourself out of profits as you want; but you've effectively traded in one boss for another. The difference is the boss is no longer the company you work for; it's now the free market as a whole. If the free market believes your product you spent decades working on is garbage; just because you spent those decades on it doesn't mean you're entitled to a paycheck on it. The phrase time = money doesn't mean the more time you spend on something the more money you should earn from it; it means that the time spent on something is money that you could've earned instead.

You can believe or not believe in anything you want; but this idea of "It's wrong!" because that's what you believe? Is wrong. Nothing is wrong. Nothing is right. Everything is subjective. Hobbies exist as a term for a reason.

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
Can I choose not? Like, having only the second part happen?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you play intentionally a certain way, you can also take a different path that involves ntr.

I'm not sure yet, but I was thinking about making content to punish players who intentionally do bad things. Doing “puke-job DT's” on a low love level, for example… It's just an idea, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropylol