Omniscience25

Oct 24, 2022
There is no criminal mystery, or drug trafficking.

The cartel mentioned by everyone is simply connected to Valery's past. Perhaps I was incompetent in translating what I am intending to make, but what's happening in CHP.3 is simply Valery's arc of the storyline.

I'm not trying to shift the story into a criminal mystery.

I wanted to explore each of the character's past and relationships before eventually moving on to the more 'harem' aspect of the game. I believe this is a better approach to the whole theme of the game as a whole. I don't see a point in rushing a harem where all the characters involved are still dealing with their past problems. Once everyone has dealt with their problems and properly moved on as individuals, then it makes more sense to implement that element of the story.

Interesting to see that the dev had this vision regarding the game's story. Could it be that the game's story was going off track in the way he wanted, which was why he abandoned the game?

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting to see that the dev had this vision regarding the game's story. Could it be that the game's story was going off track in the way he wanted, which was why he abandoned the game?
More than likely a number of factors.

Spelling errors
Over use of HAAAAAAA (Not even joking)
Pacing issues

The biggest issue I would say is that... we weren't there at the Academy for less than a week and we are already involved in dealing with Mafia, Assassins, potentially killing someone (who granted would have deserved it), all in the span of what? 5 days? Really?

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
I once said in another game discussion thread how much I loved this one and I got shot down in flames. I didn't see his point of view at all :cry:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Honestly, I think it will bother me more someone was allowed to upload AOA on Steam and nothing can/will be done about it than the fact the game may be forever abandoned. Feels like one last shit on this great game.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1708756696182.png
The story is for every girl to go through her paces with the MC in tow.

The mafia was already part of the story with the kid mobster collaborator and the girl mobster family member - those are integral to the plot and vivid enough in the game.
1708756933704.png
Jenny is using MC to stick it to her stuck up mobster bro while befriending the other daddy little girl of the other sugar daddy investor in the academy.

The things pulling the dev away might just be absolute dissolution of the studio, render guy fled or jumped ship, along with the game and released it on Steam, to which dev can only disapprove, coder guy could be the culprit also - we got a fix patch around here with the issues - often times devs have collaborators they do not praise, reward or keep their eyes on enough and when the bubble bursts, it is really the end.

The story was that set on going through the girl traumas - one at a time - and the update was this edged on coming out, there seems to be verry little patchy explanation in the game itself for the rush to dissapear.
More than likely a number of factors.

Spelling errors
Over use of HAAAAAAA (Not even joking)
Pacing issues

The biggest issue I would say is that... we weren't there at the Academy for less than a week and we are already involved in dealing with Mafia, Assassins, potentially killing someone (who granted would have deserved it), all in the span of what? 5 days? Really?
I once said in another game discussion thread how much I loved this one and I got shot down in flames. I didn't see his point of view at all :cry:
Face it he left, doesn't care and this game is over, still rather crappy to leave everyone who loves the game hanging on to hope for so long
1708757882579.png
Extraneous motives for utter destruction cannot be dissected or rationalised, we know gaming studios go puff, we know collaborators break ranks and go off on their own to use or publish whatever they get outta their break up, all these are documented in other games - even devs starting countless games and letting them all hang on the wings of the fans without a second thought. The nature of this we can all read up on and peace out.

Last edited:

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023
Creators don't owe fans anything. I guess the only exception, for me, is pre-ordering a commercial game. I'd lay money that the vast majority of people complaining about this title being abandon haven't given a single dollar in support. It doesn't seem like it's that hard to imagine a reason why a developer would have to walk away:

- Personal or family health issues. Especially partner or child.
- Development costs too much to maintain
- Development interferes with "regular" job or relationships
- Incarceration
- Military deployment
- Loss of job, residence and/or equipment used to develop
- Pulled away by a competing project
- Exhaustion/pressure/burnout

It's hard to grasp how someone, upon discovering one of the above, could still say "You're a jerk for leaving us hanging with this story!". Personally I'm thankful for what we did receive in this offering and I hope the dev(s) are healthy and doing well.

Sep 26, 2023
- Personal or family health issues. Especially partner or child.
- Development costs too much to maintain
- Development interferes with "regular" job or relationships
- Incarceration
- Military deployment
- Loss of job, residence and/or equipment used to develop
- Pulled away by a competing project
- Exhaustion/pressure/burnout
But that's the problem, it could be all the points you're mentioning or something else. But he gave no explanations and just left everyone speculate.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
But that's the problem, it could be all the points you're mentioning or something else. But he gave no explanations and just left everyone speculate.
We also need to remember that with some of these devs, a few anyway, or at least the one I talked to, it broke his heart to have to abandon his game. It's why he hasn't been around in years now. Unless he's under a different name. He had depression issues to start with and abandonin his game, destroyed him. He couldn't bare tellin anyone why. Maybe that's just the one dev, but, it is possible others are the same. Devs are just normal everyday people like each of us. Eh, it is what it is.

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023
I hear you and I respect your comment. I guess my point is, in this context, that folks can sometimes expect that an author should put the audience above himself and his own life. Since we don't know, or I don't anyway, the real reasons behind everything I'm going to assume that someone who gave so much would not act badly for no reason.

As an appreciator I'm going to want and hope that he/she would take care of themselves and their family as a priority. Maybe I didn't get any closure but if I'm really a fan and I really care then I should assume the "best".

Just thoughts... like I said... your words are just as valid as mine.

LuckyLara

Jan 13, 2021
i still have glimpse of hope he is secretly working on a game peacefully, saying the game is abandoned, without pressure and then one day drops the final finished bomb VN :cry:

Omniscience25

Oct 24, 2022
i still have glimpse of hope he is secretly working on a game peacefully, saying the game is abandoned, without pressure and then one day drops the final finished bomb VN :cry:
I would like to have this glimpse of hope of a possible good ending to this story, but at this point I no longer doubt anything.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
author might have been caught in the war, and his house got destroyed, lost all his data for the game. he might be safe now, but gathering all assets and setting them up again might be too discouraging after what he just went through ?

personally, i'd like to get some information that he is at least safe and healthy, even if we never get anymore content for the game.

y0rthan

Apr 4, 2021
Aw, dang, I willingly kept myself in the dark about this game for a year and half so that I wouldn't be feeling so impatient about when the next update would be, only to read these last several pages of comments... =( Bummer, this was one of the best VN's I'd played thus far.

• Sad
Reactions: HiP1
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes