RPGM Completed A last Effort [Vastitas]

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
xahzbOV.png

Overview
A last Effort in a nutshell:​
A Last Effort is an adult game set in a realistic setting, with realistic social dynamics and a deep story that combines a struggle for survival with evolving relationships.
In this game, all characters are of equal importance and have individual memories to help develop character-depth, including the player controlled main character. Decisions are key to progress in certain directions with the women around you as well as the story itself.
This is not a typical adult game but a game including adult content, there will be a lot of nudity and sex but also hardships, loss, and hope.

No more mini-games /added name tags for portraits. 6+ hours of content
For the sequel

Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: 1.02 final
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Download: - -

4.png 2.png 3.png Graphics improve a plot never does.jpg variety2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for the reply,
I updated the download post on my site showing actual in-game footage now
as I do believe too RPGMaker needs improvements even with MV which I am
doing episode 2 on in it's defends I like to add that it is still not used to full
potential by most creators...these little pixel-sprites can do a lot better if you look at the pics in my release post.
The setting alone is enough not to let you walk...and walk...and walk...and walk...
like most RPGMaker games sadly do. As story always goes forward the grind
is non-existent and as I avoid that piece of crap battle system unless I
use it for a joke RPGMaker isn't that bad anymore...
if the resolution would be better:teary:....yeah...
really not that bad give it a go:closedeyesmile:

As to incest...at some point I believe the hype-train will be over.
Gates of the Opening
is a good example that it can work without it right? As I would not go as far as
to taunt the taboo everyone is keen on right now as story progresses
I can't promise not to tackle the issue ever at all (as there are relatives
down in the bunker and there may be threesomes with sisters or mother/daughter looming) but this really is as far as it will go.

I believe there is enough out there covering it.

Last edited:

luffyboy

Aug 25, 2016
Just wanna give this guy a shoutout. This is one of the VERY few rpg makers in english that actually has real and GOOD gameplay.

Yes the art may not be the best but frankly that can be easily improved (via more practice, commission, 3d model, etc). A good plot with impactful gameplay is a lot more rare and harder to come by.

If you want to support the adult game development do give this a try and at least an endorsement. Publicity goes a long way.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-real-Vastitas

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
Thank you very much.
I am working on the art department and it got a lot better in episode 2
and even to this day...

It is easy to replace graphics but try that one with a plot yet alone in episodes.
It feels good to read what I myself thought about starting this game.

As to 3d models...yeah they are nice and I played games in the past solely for
the art too but once I got used to them I started to think about the plot
and more than once I rage quiet right after.
Let me say this though...
if I ever hit the brick wall knowing I won't get as good as I wanna be creating art
I will consider using them.

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I played through episode 1 last night, I liked the game, the premise is interesting, if I had to compare it to something more well known it would be the tv show lost where people are trapped somewhere and have to get along with all the drama that creates.

The art kind of reminds me of old stuff I think was from the 90s, so it has its own retro charm.

Only main issues I found were some typos mainly "I am" being shown as Iam, and some "choices" you aren't allowed to make. All in all though good game, hope it keeps going in a good direction.

Last edited:

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017

...on a serious note Hercule_Poirot you are of course right about that one. While English is not my first
language and the simple use of a spell-check script did not cross my mind while creating episode 1...as
a hobby I might add...I gotta point out that grammar is not nearly that big of a deal compared to some
of my fellow competitors out there. I hope you enjoy my latest rework of one of the main characters
of episode 1 which is at least for me done till I one day refit it. As I got a plot that lasts for at least
7-8 more episodes I am afraid I won't find the time to go on a little misspelling hunt right now.
I do however like the fact that you left a reply as I love to have more opinions about A.L.E in general.

Last edited:

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Since the art of this game leaves much to be desired, this game gives the vibe of being more "story centered" than "fap material", which would be ok if that's what you want. However, if you neglect proofreading, that would mean neglecting both aspects(art and story).

Best of luck.

Last edited:

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Hi. English isn't my language so is difficult for my to give a complete opinion. I played the game last night and I think that the environment of oppression is very well achieved, it's like a science fiction movie. I like the story introducing the characters with flashbacks. Of course, I always chose the nasty path, having sex whenever I could, so I do not know what the story would be like on the "good path", but once the episode ended, I really wanted to keep playing. Good job so far @ I hope you continue like this.

PS: I chose the easy minigames, I'm so lazy ;)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
English is my first language. As was mentioned this game has far fewer typos or grammatical mistakes than most other RPG maker games on here. To help avoid a lot for the next episodes, I would suggest using a word processor like microsoft word, it has one of the better spelling and grammar dictionaries you can get for cheap/free. The main thing I would like to see implemented though is a way to skip the flashbacks, I like to check other choices to see the outcomes, but would rather not sit through the flashbacks over and over again.

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
No one likes misspellings especially me myself. Currently I scan through episode 2 text already written to avoid
repeating that. As Hercule_Poirot is 100% correct that my approach is a well written plot over art as I asked myself the question...
somebodynobody: word it is...by v0.2 latest 0.3 episode 2 will be free of them nasty critters entirely...
In regard to skipping text/scenes in RPGMaker VX I can only repeat what countless others said already...
sadly this feature isn't implemented and kinda impossible to achieve with this engine.
On the + side RPGMaker MV used for episode 2 is to some extend able to by pressing the enter key constantly.
Overall there will be less and less flashbacks as you know each character better and better eventually.
UncleTV: "I really wanted to keep playing" thumbs up for that alone and don't worry wanting sex whenever
possible is perfectly natural.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
I checked the installer and everything works as it should so my guess it that your system
or computer has a problem running RPGMaker games if you wanna figure it out together
please start a private conversation and I may help to the best of my abilities.

Skyrim

May 4, 2017
Until now i always played succesfully rpg games. Maybe there are different versions of rpg and I use one not working for the game? (my knowledge of this things is low)

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
The installer is rtp+ meaning it is running without dependencies.
You do not need rpgmaker on your system to play it.
Since yours is the only technical complaint I got so far the problem must be located
within your system. I am sorry but this release is bug free by now.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I get that it is impossible to achieve with old rpg maker versions, just wanted you to know, so you can be ready for the future and if other players may whine. As an aside, the newer engines do allow for a "speed up" like you said by pressing down enter, or a specific controller button will make a scene faster by about a third, however if you don't code for this or where characters should be standing etc, they will get stuck and soft lock the game. Just wanted you to know so you can be careful.

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
Hey congratulations on creating what is for now a pretty interesting game. :)

Though I have a problem with the guitar hero mini game (which could be explained by the fact that I suck at it) I have the feeling that there is a disconnect between the image and the hitbox but if I'm the only one it's probably just because I suck... Ever thought of making alternative mini game/enigma/whatever as a replacement for some mini game because I hate missing thing and this game demand to be cool headed while at the same time grinding my gears big time...

Sorry for the rant, I'll probably make a full review of the game when I'll finish it but for now mini game aside the game and setting litterally rocks.

Edit: Well since I'm stuck I'll check it on another PC tommorrow but there seems to be something weird happening with the hitbox.

Edit2: There are a few mistake that I could catch the biggest is :"enough" and not "enove".
There is a grammatical checker that works well in french and has an english version that you could try to pirate : Antidote (I could always send you the file) and I've heard that you can find free grammatical checker online.

Last edited:

The-real-Vastitas

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017

I addressed the minor misspellings of episode 1 but now that I am using word to spell-check I won't have them in episode 2...a little hustle to be honest but since there is no good script for the dreaded RPGMaker MV to spell-check within the engine (being from asia one would think there would be...)...it needs to happen like this I guess.
You are right about the one mini-game being slightly of balance mainly cause it is a little much to handle for RPGMaker VX...try it out a little more and you will find the right time when to hit the keys eventually. (if I remember correctly it is
slightly above the finish line in most cases but than again on point in others so really there is not much I can do about it other than setting it to easy as can be which I already did...)

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes