VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Family [v0.01] [Beep Beep hurray]

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
It is apparent from the description and the screenshots that this game really need lots of work.

well lot complaints about english, maybe one of you could assist this person a bit, and maybe help him out , not sure his level of expertise but maybe he is a bit new try little positivity i mean not like all of us are putting out content
No.

There are enough adult games right now. We don't need to support every new genius who thinks he can earn his living rendering shitty graphics on his old potato, writing an endlessly regurgitated cliché-laden story, with no discernible skills at either at all.

It's an insult to think that people should actually pay money for this and I'm done being supportive to that type of crap.

Seriously, there is zero! Z.E.R.O!!! reason to be supportive of games like this one.
I am inclined to agree with Skywise on this. botc76 At no point did Skywise suggested paying money to support this game. He was only suggesting helping with English and providing constructive feedback for the game (not to mention, for those professionals with inside knowledge, offering tips on how to make game better). Please do not put the words in his mouth that he did not say.

Finally, we should not be assuming things about the motivation behind the development of this game. The developer may be genuinely interested in improving the game whenever he can, within the limits of his own resources. Since this is 0.1 version, I think it is premature to assume the malicious intent in this where the developer simply released this game to fleece the patrons. I would recommend reserving that judgment until 0.2 and see how much efforts the developer put in actually improving the game.

I think the best advice I can give here is that, for any games with these issues like this one, you should wait until 0.2 and see how it turned out before you decide to pledge any money to the developer. Until that happens, you should only offer constructive feedback and/or assistance with the English grammar and spellings.

Reactions: Mormont

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
It is apparent from the description and the screenshots that this game really need lots of work.

I am inclined to agree with Skywise on this. botc76 At no point did Skywise suggested paying money to support this game. He was only suggesting helping with English and providing constructive feedback for the game (not to mention, for those professionals with inside knowledge, offering tips on how to make game better). Please do not put the words in his mouth that he did not say.

Finally, we should not be assuming things about the motivation behind the development of this game. The developer may be genuinely interested in improving the game whenever he can, within the limits of his own resources. Since this is 0.1 version, I think it is premature to assume the malicious intent in this where the developer simply released this game to fleece the patrons. I would recommend reserving that judgment until 0.2 and see how much efforts the developer put in actually improving the game.

I think the best advice I can give here is that, for any games with these issues like this one, you should wait until 0.2 and see how it turned out before you decide to pledge any money to the developer. Until that happens, you should only offer constructive feedback and/or assistance with the English grammar and spellings.
No offense intended to you personally, but this sort of concern trolling isn't helpful. There are plenty of devs who have humble beginnings and hone their skills over a series of releases or games. That, in and of itself, isn't a sin. There are plenty of bad 0.1 releases on this site. Some get better, some get abandoned. Nothing wrong with that.

That said, this is among the worst I've seen. It looks like something I would whip up over my lunch break knowing absolutely nothing about DAZ3D. It really looks like the absolute bare minimum effort was put into it. It takes some balls to throw up a Patreon and ask for people for support with this as a portfolio. Anyone asking for financial support would be well advised to show some level of competence before doing so. Sure, we don't know the dev's motivations, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

There are plenty of games that have been made and released as first attempts that don't have a Patreon account attached to them. They hone their skills, ask for help and feedback, and try to create something of value. They ask for support later on down the line. Good for those devs!

But throw out something of such poor quality and ask for a handout? I won't fault anyone for being highly skeptical of such a dev, especially considering some of the shit devs who actively fleece their patrons and receive monthly income while never producing anything for months (or ever!) after a couple of releases.

You're free to offer help/advice/feedback to this dev or sign up as his first patron. You know, walk the talk?

Of course, I'm just a meat popsicle, so what do I know?

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
I suspect the amount of effort put into the title "A Family" is indicative of the amount of effort put into making this game. I.e. none whatsoever.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Guys... I just wanna play it based on how it's being destroyed by everyone. I hope it's at least funny.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* My expectations are low for this one...

* Yup, Engrish right away.

* Why is there an option to enter the home when you can't? Why not simply have the MC think "I'd better knock and get permission before entering"? Why even bother with options if there's only one choice? I don't get why developers do this. It adds nothing t the game.

* Again, a single option. What's the point?

* As a native English speaker, reading this is painful.

* If the MC lives in the house, why does he need permission to enter?

* Well that was short.

I said at he beginning that I had low expectations for this game, and yet somehow it didn't even live up t those. Bad Engrish, poor game design, next to no content. I'm amazed that anyone--even a first time developer--would make this availalbe to the public. I could bash this for more things like the poor renders, but I don't see any reason why.

I want to encourage new developers, and maybe this isn't a lost cause, but it needs a ton[ of work.

Reactions: batman666

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
No offense intended to you personally, but this sort of concern trolling isn't helpful. There are plenty of devs who have humble beginnings and hone their skills over a series of releases or games. That, in and of itself, isn't a sin. There are plenty of bad 0.1 releases on this site. Some get better, some get abandoned. Nothing wrong with that.

That said, this is among the worst I've seen. It looks like something I would whip up over my lunch break knowing absolutely nothing about DAZ3D. It really looks like the absolute bare minimum effort was put into it. It takes some balls to throw up a Patreon and ask for people for support with this as a portfolio. Anyone asking for financial support would be well advised to show some level of competence before doing so. Sure, we don't know the dev's motivations, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

There are plenty of games that have been made and released as first attempts that don't have a Patreon account attached to them. They hone their skills, ask for help and feedback, and try to create something of value. They ask for support later on down the line. Good for those devs!

But throw out something of such poor quality and ask for a handout? I won't fault anyone for being highly skeptical of such a dev, especially considering some of the shit devs who actively fleece their patrons and receive monthly income while never producing anything for months (or ever!) after a couple of releases.

You're free to offer help/advice/feedback to this dev or sign up as his first patron. You know, walk the talk?

Of course, I'm just a meat popsicle, so what do I know?
Thanks for writing my reply for me and so much more polite than I might have been.

You are green, Korben! :cool:

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Thanks for writing my reply for me and so much more polite than I might have been.

You are green, Korben! :cool:
You're welcome! Although as a quiet fan of your snark and acidic wit, I feel like I might have unintentionally denied myself here. :unsure:

In any event, happy to help! (y)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
seriously.... i dont like to bash new dev. but that game require shit tons of work. i mean, at the very basic of it.
i know we not all have knowledge or pc to make stuff great but meh.

how to fix this game ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i could add way more things... but i guess i have been bad enougth already with you, sooo... goodl uck, you can always progress :)

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Okay, I never tried 3Delight, it could be. But it looks a lot like the viewport in texture shaded. Doesn't have a single shadow.
its not 3Delight.
i did 3Delight for beginning of my own game ,and trust me, the eyelashes doesnt end as a block. the hair get better and environment have decent lighting/shadow as base, even without lights at all.

NOTvil

patreon.com/NOTvil
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
This is a 3delight. He just doesn't use any light. Maybe he even uses Iray shaders...
I'm rendering my game with 3dl as well. But It looks a bit better.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
This is a 3delight. He just doesn't use any light. Maybe he even uses Iray shaders...
I'm rendering my game with 3dl as well. But It looks a bit better.
huh ? well its weird then... because i never get that block black thing during my whole year of rendering 3Delight. (and i was super shit at beginning)

NOTvil

patreon.com/NOTvil
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
huh ? well its weird then... because i never get that block black thing during my whole year of rendering 3Delight. (and i was super shit at beginning)
The eyelashes and other problems are caused by different shaders, morphs, and inaccurate model setting.

Last edited: