VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - A Failure to Launch [v0.2.1] [Min Thy Lord]

1. 5.00 star(s)

nifty_ape

What a lovely game!
    I blame myself for missing the initial release, but now I am quite happy about the amount of content.

I am usually not into oversizes, but ... thats drool material!

And I really appreciate the care-, sympathy- and "romance"-factor. Those futas arent raping bunga-bunga-machines. Well, at least not all ... And there are not only futas, but also dominant girls, which is a huge (ha!) plus for me too.

I understand that this is more of a VN, but I would love to see more choice options. This just spices things up for me.

And I would love to see more (sensual) feminization content! Panties, skirts, nylons? Consider me sold! Could be connected to a choice system, so players could choose between beta/sissy/romance/etc. paths.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Mansema

Didn't enjoy this game at all. I thought it was going well until my choices ceased to matter. I rejected Evelyn the entire game until the MC just said fuck it and completely removed all agency from the player based on previous decisions made in the game. My other major gripe with this game is it doesn't have any actual futanari. None of them are hermaphrodites. So yet again another bait and switch. Utterly disappointed with this one.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

PitBullTerrier

I'm always hyped for the new update.
    Best game theme/idea in a long time for me .
  4. 5.00 star(s)

GraveKing

Just fantastic. Cannot wait for future updates. :love: Looks amazing and the story so far is surprisingly adorable. Clearly the work of someone with some serious writing and technical skill. A+ so far. Keep up the good work.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Carchek

Very Nice Game. like any good Hero this game can be anyone. Even a man knowing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy shoulders to let him know the world hadn’t ended.
    You fight like a younger man, there’s nothing held back. It’s admirable, but mistaken. When their enemies were at the gates the Romans would suspend democracy and appoint one man to protect the city.
    It wasn’t considered an honor, it was a public service.
    I am very hopeful for its future development, not many scratch an itch like this one does.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Gessh

Still early but seems promising models aren't bad and it has a decent set up. Depending on how fast updates are and if they're is any actual substance in them it could shape up to be something pretty good.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

lKOLD_XOLDl_1

BEST GAMES IN THE WORLD/ there is no better game, it will literally turn your whole world upside down, so play and play it. waiting for the update as soon as possible, I hope there is not much time left, because I'm burning with impatience
  8. 5.00 star(s)

DenSayL

Awesome game can't wait for the next update, maybe some hairy dick could be a good one for some futa :sneaky:
    Render is really great, writing is ok but there is some black screen a bit disturbing when the scene change
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ciaran8023

Thus far has incredible potential. Solid writing, really good models/scene-work and the concept is very intriguing.
    It really hits that specific niche of having large/fit futas that very few games do nowadays as any content in either direction tend to be amazon women and very feminine trans or futa characters.

Very nice change of pace and breath of fresh air and eagerly looking forward to where this goes.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Gashka

Gave it a try. I have to say, it was worth the wait. Love the character appearances (mostly). Nice detail on the sexy bits.

Some things that I didn't like, or think require addressing:
    1. Grammar is not Engrish (which is good), but needs a bit of proofreading. Commas are missing in places, things like that.
    2. Hannah's thighs are just too fat. I'm sorry, but they just are. Not thicc but fat. She's gorgeous otherwise though.
    3. Hannah suggests that she "helps" Alex "prepare" for his eventual sex with the futas, but we're never given such an option. Now, I imagine it will come in the next updates, since no actual sex happened yet, but still.
    4. When Olivia sneaks into Evelyn's office, Alex is left outside to stand watch. Suddenly Evelyn comes around, and Alex decides to distract her by seducing her. After the whole thing, the conversation with Olivia plays out like Alex was genuinely trying to have sex with Evelyn (which contradicts his internal monologue), and not once mentions that he was only doing it to cover her. Realistically, he would have said so, especially since he's still not sure if he wants to have sex with a futa or not.
    5. Alex mentions that he does exercises, stuff like pushups and pullups, but this seems to feel more like flavour text, because none of the characters he tells this seem to take note of it, whereas realistically, such "skills" would come in handy during sex and they should get at least a bit excited by the idea.
    6. When Alex runs away from the parlor after spying on Olivia, he runs into his sister Sarah. During the conversation, some of Sarah's lines are listed as coming form Hannah, even though Hannah is nowhere around, and we later find out that she was actually home the whole time.
    7. I'm not sure if Min Thy Lord already planned some development for Sarah, but to me she didn't feel at all naive or innocent. She felt like she was pervy, because she knew about the parlor, and that she's apparently sexually attracted to Alex (because of the facial expressions she has in certain conversations)
    8. The blackscreen dialogues, as others have already mentioned, kinda break immersion/ make me feel like the game is missing renders.
    9. The writing could use some work, but in the immortal words of Todd Howard "It just works".

Overall, I'm looking forward to updates. I just hope it won't turn into a prequel to Futadom World, where men become brainwashed cocksleeves and futas control the world. Much as I love dickgirls and femdom, I feel like making futas into these quasi-fantasy creatures with hypnotic cum and superhuman strength has been done to death.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5265335

Just a great futanari on male game overall.

Graphics are great, cock imagery is highly detailed.

Love that the MC is being objectified in the sluttiest ways. Can't wait to suck and get railed by all futa as well as pegged by his "landlord".

The way the story is developing, there will be a lot more opportunities for femdom and futadom
  12. 5.00 star(s)

F8andy

Great game by the way really like the story
    My only request is Don't ABANDON this game after some time.

Oh and few suggestions i want to give you @Min Thy Lord
    1 . Animation during blowjob and pegging and also during sex scenes would be nice .
    2. Ability to change MC's name.
    3. Adding more models/ Girls (Futa/straight).
    4. Having a Discord channel for this game would be nice like most of the other game developer has.
    5. For PC version i haven't seen menu option during game play
    Every time i have to enter ESC to go to menu and save the game (Don't know if Anybody faced this or not)
    6. And last but not least add sex scenes with MC which we all are waiting for.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

yobwoc

This game is already amazing at 0.1.

Renders are great, character design is great, mc is bland but that is a good thing, story and plot are great so far if this is your kink.

Cannot wait for future updates. Huge thanks to the dev!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Spettet

Awesome.. This hits my kink on the button ;D.. Finally what looks like a main theme futa on male game, with MC being the sub.

I will definitively look out for further updates here.

It's still early at 0.1 so I guess the game could take many directions, but so far:
    - The story seems fine so far, and the English is fine by me.
    - The renders look good. (Though I think I'd prefer them a bit less chubby, but no biggie)
    - It looks to be a visual novel with fairly few choices to make. Wonder if the choices are for skipping scenes, or if they will have a story impact later and become important.

All in all very promising.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

pussyslayer69

fantastic game, has a great story so far, has good characters and the giant cocks are perfect for futadom . The only thing that I think this game is missing is some form of animation during the sex scenes, if they would be added in the future when more budget and time are available this game could definitely be a top contender for the bests games in the futa category
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5132882

It's really good game, very hot and thick women , fan of femdom and futas so i'm totally into this, few things need to be worked on
    -work on renders when switching scenes instead of black screen
    -add more options..any game wil be better with more options and important decisions to make
    -some lines being said by the wrong person i think
    so far so good
  17. 5.00 star(s)

plopus

Warning, it's really a futanari game, so if it's not something you're comfortable with, skip to the next game. And I'm not talking of a game with one chick with a dick that you'll bang, there's a lot of them, and MC is on the receiving side.
    For the game itself is a great release, renders are very good, not too much useless dialogues, the ladies are beatifull, Mc is quite bland, but like most of MCs in adult games.
    Only thing I found a bit annoying is the presence of black screens only for dialogues, it kinda breaks the immersion for me.
    But clearly not a failure to launch (laught track, sorry), keep up with this quality and it will be an awesome game.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

doku99

I followed the development of A Failure To Launch before it... Launched. I was drawn in by the great renders which a lot of people have praised, and the super hot models, so I paid attention to development. The dev Min Thy Lord seems pretty cool and hard working and it's fun to see the game finally... Launch :D

The game is presented very nicely, though there are some minor issues like the page control (back/forward) being missing or invisible, or the map markers being ugly, but that can be fixed easily I think. Music is good, interface and text is good, and ofcourse the characters and environments are top tier. I think this game really sells the idea that graphical quality plays a huge role when it comes to a game's popularity, because...

The writing is pretty messy. If you take away the great renders, A Failure to Launch is a below average game. The English is fine, but the characters, the plot, the pacing, the tone, those aspects as it currently stands is not very good.

The love/sex interests lack personality, and the pacing of the interactions with them is very jarring. Their moods wildly fluctuate from page to page, where on one page they can be all caring and sympathetic and literally on the next page they will be FULL CAPS yelling and screaming at you. Or, they will start flirting with you, right after condemning you. And the way characters act does not come across as "damn these chicks are crazy!" but instead "damn, this all feels seriously unnatural".

The MC is also a big problem. He's not likable, at all. In fact, he's kind of detestable in every way, and that makes it even more difficult to care about his story or where he's going, coupled with the cast of other characters who barely act human at all thanks to the writing.

Still, these are issues that can be corrected. Adding more dialogue options to have the MC act in different ways (and not just a bratty, entitled douche) shouldn't be too hard to do. The dialogue itself and the way the cast acts can also be improved without radically changing the story.

Overall, A Failure to Launch is off to a good start, where the graphical quality is doing a LOT of the work for it, and with some better writing it can for sure become one of the best games in the futadom genre.

With new updates I'll be adjusting the star-score. If the writing keeps feeling stunted and weird and unnatural, I will most likely drop it to a 3/5, but if it improves, it's a solid 5/5. Here's to hoping :)

PS, note to dev: You wanted this to be a futa-on-male dom game. You now see how well-received it is and how big of an audience there is for that. Do not listen to the people who are not in your target audience, who want you to change your vision. They don't care in the first place. Changing the direction now will 100% ruin this nice start. Stick to your original idea to the end instead of caving to some forum randos.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

✘ Gαмєя ✘

Congrats on this first release fr , Excellent renders , excellent character models which def my cup of tea , thic females not some random skinny chicks here and there and the futas in this game off the chart " perfection " , Although the game is in very early stage to judge but it's a pleasure to see a well-structured game with Such Good Models and many kinks like that hopefully there's more in the future updates , in my " personal opinion " i think this game has a great future and great potential , it can even compete with big games on here if the developer really took care of this project , and listened to players and put a real effort in this game , and i hope It doesn't suffer from the problem that other games has , where there's way too much redundant dialogue and you end up spam clicking to get through it, or throw sex scenes at you left and right with little buildup. but overall the scenes are extremely well done , very enjoyable with surprisingly unique characters, , so I am really excited to see future updates .
  20. 5.00 star(s)

SabaRoundScape

Great renders, cool characters and most importantly there was at least modicum of thought put into the world, I'm happy to see finally a game where MC is the "pray" and people around him are working towards obtaining his ass! I'm also happy that dev decided to put some effort into Male character so many games can have great female characters but male model looks terrible and out of place.