8muses is it dead?

Lulu66638

Jul 5, 2017
Thanks for the explanation, lamythefirst.

As I said elsewhere (in a wrong thread, I thought this one ended a long time ago when I saw it had opened in 2021), from an outsider pov, the power that be at 8muses seems to have gone from bad to worse with their management (registering on invitation only, uploading pics for VIP-members only, banning for, let's say, questionable motives...). Looks like it finally hit rock bottom (I agree with you, to delete a forum content is one of the best way to scare away the users); sad.

cyanoface

Dec 2, 2023
I was a moderator on the 8muses forum. And we moderators were just as surprised by the situation as all the other users. The owner of the site told us moderators that he wanted to delete the entire content of the forum. I advised him not to, because otherwise many users would leave the forum, but he didn't listen to me. I suspect that he has not only deleted the content of the forum, but the forum itself. So the forum is history. So sorry ...
Thanks for letting us know. What a bummer.

enfisk

Dec 2, 2023
I was a moderator on the 8muses forum. And we moderators were just as surprised by the situation as all the other users. The owner of the site told us moderators that he wanted to delete the entire content of the forum. I advised him not to, because otherwise many users would leave the forum, but he didn't listen to me. I suspect that he has not only deleted the content of the forum, but the forum itself. So the forum is history. So sorry ...
Sad to hear, but glad to get confirmation of what I suspected when the forum links started redirecting back to the main site.

jangax

Dec 3, 2023
Bummer. A lot of comics I read had pages posted on 8muses before anyone else. Led me to believe many of the other sites I frequent got their content from 8muses. Hopefully the posters will find new hubs to keep the sharing going.

Reactions: Lulu66638

Evilconsumer

Dec 1, 2023
That is definitely not the situation I think anyone would have expected. Thanks for sharing the news and I hope folks in 8muses forum will find a new home as that was a solid community.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
This is exactly the same message LadyBoyJay gave here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/welcome-8muses-refugees.183829/post-12340763

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
It wasn't clear in her post that it wasn't her own information. Thanks.
My apologies. I should have worded that post better. I had earlier posted about contacting an 8muses staff member so I assumed everyone was following along and knew what the update was referring to but I should have made it more obvious. https://f95zone.to/threads/welcome-8muses-refugees.183829/post-12336969 I didn't reveal Lamythefirst as the source in order to provide some whistleblower anonymity in case it was desired.

LucasLeels

Dec 3, 2018
It's a shame, the 8muses forum will remain in my memory awaiting an infinite return, thank you for everything to the site now I only have this one left.

• Angry
Reactions: BBC King

llermito

May 29, 2022
Thanks friend, I will always be indebted to you for your help in the forum, it is a fucking injustice and a loss of irrecoverable files for users. If I wanted to close the forum I could notify a couple of days before and we would have been able to recover our work, more than 100,000 pics thrown in the trash and without the possibility of recovering them

Franky888

Feb 27, 2022
Thanks for posting lamythefirst, and you too llermito, very disappointing news, there was tons and tons of great content in those forum pages. Multiple terabytes at least.

I suspected they'd received some sort of legal threat (copyright or cp related) when they started getting squirrily a couple of weeks back, otherwise why get squirrily? That said, I know some content creators were pissed that their uncensored, proprietary art was showing up in the forums...but still.

As you say llermito, a warning certainly would have been helpful, at least then we could saved some of it.

Major bummer.

• Hey there
Reactions: lamythefirst

pron2021

Jan 9, 2021
Well that didn't take long. It was only like a few weeks between not being able to upload to the forums going down.
and welcome to F95 lamy :)

• Hey there
Reactions: lamythefirst

Inverse

Mar 1, 2018
Yeah this really stings, I was a prominent VIP member focused more on the Ero Fiction thread, I know it wasn't nearly as large as the main comic side of the forum, but it was a great community of people who shared their knowledge and resources alike.

If anyone else knows a good community for the Stories side of 8muses, I'd be interested in checking them out. Please and thanks all. Hope we all find new homes elsewhere.

Lokidin132

Dec 5, 2023
Yeah this really stings, I was a prominent VIP member focused more on the Ero Fiction thread, I know it wasn't nearly as large as the main comic side of the forum, but it was a great community of people who shared their knowledge and resources alike.

If anyone else knows a good community for the Stories side of 8muses, I'd be interested in checking them out. Please and thanks all. Hope we all find new homes elsewhere.
Can we make Ero Fiction section HERE?:unsure: