3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Not sure if you are asking exactly this, but the G2 essentials are free and come with the DS install. If you don't have them for some reason just reinstall them from your Daz account.
V6 isn't included though. The requirements also only list DAZ Dragon 3 + its texture pack.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
V6 isn't included though. The requirements also only list DAZ Dragon 3 + its texture pack.
V6 is just morphed G2; try them to see what happens.

Edit: found them:
Make a free account if you don't have such.

Reactions: kaboomer69

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
V6 is just morphed G2; try them to see what happens.

Edit: found them:
Make a free account if you don't have such.
Thanks for the link, I also found this on the DAZ forums:

Apparently this can be fixed by changing the UV maps to Default UVs.

4536.png

Left: Teeth with wrong UV map (only partially mapped with the beige teeth texture)
Right: Default UVs

GreenMan65

Jan 20, 2019
Hope I'm not being a bother.

I got several (hopefully quick questions) and I don't know if this is the right spot to ask but here goes.

1). What exactly is a body morph (in DAZ3d/Hexagon), is it kind of like a prop/body/bodypart preset that can be edited? I googled and checked around and found nothing. Mainly I'm asking so if I have a question in the future I can google the proper terminology for answers before I ask people for help.

2). For body morphs can you use the body morph function in DAZ3d's hexagon (or other program) to make custom clothes, hair, bodies, faces, genitals, etc. right? Cause I'm trying make male/futa dick and balls and bondage equipment that fits a visual novel I'm planning.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit forgot to mention something:
basically for question 2 I'm asking like, what would the proper term be for making custom parts like genitals, hair, bondage equipment be so I can look up tutorials quicker.

Also any tips for making morphs or models of male, female, and/or futa genitals would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I am a Blender guy, so have no idea about Hexagon (and don't know if anyone uses Hexagon at all), but the mesh is a mesh no matter the software and I know many Daz store artists use Blender to make morphs for their Daz products, so there it is:
Every model , for example Genesis 3 Female, uses a mesh. You must not change the number of the polygons, edges or vertices because if you make even the smallest change it will not be genesis 3 Female anymore. What you can do is the move a group of vertices, edges and polygons - this is a morph explained very simplistic. If this "move" is not in the head, it is "body morph" (not sure about the 2 parts of the neck - are they body or head, should be body). So you record the starting and the end position of the moved vertices and put a slider from 0 to 100 (simplistic again). About the clothing - I think morphs of the professionally made clothing are made in the similar way, but if you make clothing for your own need you can use "Transfer Utility" of Daz to auto-transfer *some* morphs to the clothing from from the human body.

Here are 2 tutorials:

Reactions: GreenMan65

GreenMan65

Jan 20, 2019
I am a Blender guy, so have no idea about Hexagon (and don't know if anyone uses Hexagon at all), but the mesh is a mesh no matter the software and I know many Daz store artists use Blender to make morphs for their Daz products, so there it is:
Every model , for example Genesis 3 Female, uses a mesh. You must not change the number of the polygons, edges or vertices because if you make even the smallest change it will not be genesis 3 Female anymore. What you can do is the move a group of vertices, edges and polygons - this is a morph explained very simplistic. If this "move" is not in the head, it is "body morph" (not sure about the 2 parts of the neck - are they body or head, should be body). So you record the starting and the end position of the moved vertices and put a slider from 0 to 100 (simplistic again). About the clothing - I think morphs of the professionally made clothing are made in the similar way, but if you make clothing for your own need you can use "Transfer Utility" of Daz to auto-transfer *some* morphs to the clothing from from the human body.

Here are 2 tutorials:

Thanks dude, Ill get a copy of blender and see if that works out better for me. You wouldn't happen to have any tutorial links on how to make genitals would you? If not no harm no foul, I appreciate the help, and hope I'm not being a bother.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Thanks dude, Ill get a copy of blender and see if that works out better for me. You wouldn't happen to have any tutorial links on how to make genitals would you? If not no harm no foul, I appreciate the help, and hope I'm not being a bother.
I started to use the Daz human models exactly because of the genitals:)
Forget about making them.

Basically if you are using Daz + Blender there are 2 ways to go:
1. Exporting Daz human models and genitals to blender where you make the scenes and render them. Here is a link to download great (and completely free) nearly perfect scripr for importing Daz human figures + genitals (and with clothes) to blender.
2. Going the opposite way - working with Daz and using blender as auxiliary programs mainly for props and possibly clothes and such, it is up to you to decide. The drawback of this is the Daz new rendering engine IRay sux. It works 2-3 time slower then blender cycles (and about the end of 2019 there will be new Blender render introduced). The daz Studio software itself is heavily unoptimized - a scene which flies on Blender rotates and moves as a slideshow on DS.
3. The 3rd possible way is to use exclusively Daz models and props and scenes and such with min adjustments. Actually this is the way DS is presumed to be used - just buy stuff and click to render (well, not quite so but you got the idea)

GreenMan65

Jan 20, 2019
I started to use the Daz human models exactly because of the genitals:)
Forget about making them.

Basically if you are using Daz + Blender there are 2 ways to go:
1. Exporting Daz human models and genitals to blender where you make the scenes and render them. Here is a link to download great (and completely free) nearly perfect scripr for importing Daz human figures + genitals (and with clothes) to blender.
2. Going the opposite way - working with Daz and using blender as auxiliary programs mainly for props and possibly clothes and such, it is up to you to decide. The drawback of this is the Daz new rendering engine IRay sux. It works 2-3 time slower then blender cycles (and about the end of 2019 there will be new Blender render introduced). The daz Studio software itself is heavily unoptimized - a scene which flies on Blender rotates and moves as a slideshow on DS.
3. The 3rd possible way is to use exclusively Daz models and props and scenes and such with min adjustments. Actually this is the way DS is presumed to be used - just buy stuff and click to render (well, not quite so but you got the idea)
Oh, cool that makes things easier, thanks for the help!

Also, I don't think the link you posted went through, can't seem to find an url or a link to click on or copy/paste. If you mean sharecg or renderotica I think I have those bookmarked but any extra sites are very much appreciated. Thanks again!

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
HI
i just bought iRadiance HDR Resources - Parks and Rec Vol 2 set

is there a tutorial on how to use these HDRis?
i have added the dome/texture and reflection shader but all is looking flat and dull
and the renderer is almost pitch black.
no way near as shiny as in the product photos
thanks for any help

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I have a male character (based on G8) that will not accept either canned facial expressions or facial morphs. I am trying to apply a facial expression, and I have tried expressions for G3 and G8, but nothing is working. I downloaded an extra set of different facial expressions, but no luck. Has anyone had this happen, and did you find a solution? Thanks.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I have a male character (based on G8) that will not accept either canned facial expressions or facial morphs. I am trying to apply a facial expression, and I have tried expressions for G3 and G8, but nothing is working. I downloaded an extra set of different facial expressions, but no luck. Has anyone had this happen, and did you find a solution? Thanks.
What you mean "canned" facial expressions? Injected expressions? Never ever had a problem with them not working; the only way they not to work is either the generations don't match or the selection is not correct.

GreenMan65

Jan 20, 2019
@Lednah

I had one last quick question for you (thanks for your patience for dealing with me in full OCD/anxiety mode). I tried your method and things are running a lot smoother and I found a bunch of assets to "try out" but I was wondering something.

Basically, for the DAZ3d to Blender importer can I just load the assets into the importer and blender or do I have to load them into DAZ3d first?

And for loading third party or downloaded assets not from the store I have to do that in offline mode right? Cause I don't want to get banned from Daz3d or get into trouble or something.

Thanks again for your help.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
HI

i have added the dome/texture and reflection shader but all is looking flat and dull
thanks for any help
Here's a basic tutorial. Hope it helps!

Reactions: rev2019

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
@Lednah

Basically, for the DAZ3d to Blender importer can I just load the assets into the importer and blender or do I have to load them into DAZ3d first?

And for loading third party or downloaded assets not from the store I have to do that in offline mode right? Cause I don't want to get banned from Daz3d or get into trouble or something.

2. If the asset is downloaded to *try it* - yes - in offline mode. But keep in mind the assets have to be in special format the DIM to recognize them. The best is to check the option "delete after installed" - this way you always will know what is installed and what - not. And you can always install every asset in manual mode (read the instructions in the beginning of the thread). It is actually faster this way; the drawback is you lack the option to auto-un-install them later (I simply delete their folder - but do not do this until you get the grasp how the Daz material is handled by the program).

1. In the beginning of the script documentation there is an explanation how to install the script which goes into Daz program. So you have to:
- load the asset you want to transfer. It can have morphs, expressions, poses, clothes, genitals... whatever you want
- run the script you installed. now this part is not explained very well so I will explain. For example you need to export Victoria 8. So you load it in Daz and if needed add stuff to it. Then from File menu in daz you have to save it as a "Scene" and name it as you like - for example "Victoria_8_to_export" (I try not to use names with "spaces" in it) AND you remember the name or simply write it down. Then you run the script and after you see the message for success you can close Daz - yopu don't need it anymore. Now you can start Blender and click to load the file which will be transfered (as written in the instructions). You will get the standard Windows selection window so you navigate to the folder where the you saved the scene with your Victoria 8. the file you need to import is in the same folder BUT YOU WILL NOT SEE IT. Therefore you have to type the name of the file you remembered (or wrote down) - in this case "Victoria_8_to_export" - w/o the "" of course and nothing more. Click OK and wait for the success message to appear.

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
Here's a basic tutorial. Hope it helps!
thanks but how can it look like this with the DEFAULT settings?
daz.jpg
ground is all over the place

and btw what is ground used for anyway?

and last
i added lightning and uberenviroment to the scene but can you see it somewhere?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
thanks but how the fuck can it look like this with the DEFAULT settings?
View attachment 234098
ground is all over the place

and i payed 20$ for this joke LOOOOL
and btw wtf is ground used for anyway?
Honestly, I don't know much about DAZ Studio. I just found that article in an attempt to help you. Perhaps a little more patience and reading will solve your problem. Also, there are a lot of 'shared' assets here on F95zone to practice with before you buy a product. It will help with the frustration you're experiencing now. Good luck.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
HI

thanks for any help
Don't let yourself fool by the preview window. Did you try to render? Does it look the same in the render window?
Most lights are not visible in the preview window and the one which are visible mostly look completely different when you actually start rendering.

@Lednah

No you don't need to go into the offline mode.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
What you mean "canned" facial expressions? Injected expressions? Never ever had a problem with them not working; the only way they not to work is either the generations don't match or the selection is not correct.
Purchased facial expression sets. They work fine in Genesis 8 female models, but on this male model they are not working. And yes, these are expressions designed for Genesis 8 Male (which is what I am trying to modify).

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote