3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Purchased facial expression sets. They work fine in Genesis 8 female models, but on this male model they are not working. And yes, these are expressions designed for Genesis 8 Male (which is what I am trying to modify).
Is the g8male model you are using a model for g8m, or is it the standard g8m model?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Cant find the model, but I know there are some models for g8 that wont accept expressions or even morphs for the actual g8. I don't know the reason why this happens and this is surely not the best workaround, but for the most time it works when you use the base g8 model, apply the expression and then apply the shape of the actual model you want to use.
Maybe there is a better solution over on the daz forums.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hey, just started using Daz this weekend and I'm slowly getting to grips with it but at the moment I have one main question: is it possible, either in default settings or through a morph add-on, to change a model's facial features, i.e. change nose shape and position, change lip size, change cheeks position, chin, ears, etc?

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Hey, just started using Daz this weekend and I'm slowly getting to grips with it but at the moment I have one main question: is it possible, either in default settings or through a morph add-on, to change a model's facial features, i.e. change nose shape and position, change lip size, change cheeks position, chin, ears, etc?

here are zillions of face morphs, but you can mix different faces too to create entirely new face.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
The standard morphs included in daz are... lacking. You need a morph pack like .
edit:

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

GreenMan65

Jan 20, 2019
2. If the asset is downloaded to *try it* - yes - in offline mode. But keep in mind the assets have to be in special format the DIM to recognize them. The best is to check the option "delete after installed" - this way you always will know what is installed and what - not. And you can always install every asset in manual mode (read the instructions in the beginning of the thread). It is actually faster this way; the drawback is you lack the option to auto-un-install them later (I simply delete their folder - but do not do this until you get the grasp how the Daz material is handled by the program).

1. In the beginning of the script documentation there is an explanation how to install the script which goes into Daz program. So you have to:
- load the asset you want to transfer. It can have morphs, expressions, poses, clothes, genitals... whatever you want
- run the script you installed. now this part is not explained very well so I will explain. For example you need to export Victoria 8. So you load it in Daz and if needed add stuff to it. Then from File menu in daz you have to save it as a "Scene" and name it as you like - for example "Victoria_8_to_export" (I try not to use names with "spaces" in it) AND you remember the name or simply write it down. Then you run the script and after you see the message for success you can close Daz - yopu don't need it anymore. Now you can start Blender and click to load the file which will be transfered (as written in the instructions). You will get the standard Windows selection window so you navigate to the folder where the you saved the scene with your Victoria 8. the file you need to import is in the same folder BUT YOU WILL NOT SEE IT. Therefore you have to type the name of the file you remembered (or wrote down) - in this case "Victoria_8_to_export" - w/o the "" of course and nothing more. Click OK and wait for the success message to appear.
Thank you again for all the help I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I'll do a bunch or test runs with the default assets before I add anything until I understand what I'm doing.

This makes things crazy easier than I expected, thanks for the help ! :)

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
This makes things crazy easier than I expected, thanks for the help ! :)
Poser and Daz combined exist more then 20 years; and as the 3D stuff evolved a lot for all those years, the things started to become somewhat messy. Add to this Daz due to some Top Secret reason Daz didin't create an universal convention how the Daz stuff should be named and stored. Not only this but I also suspect at least some of Daz programmers are purely theoretics but never dabbled in the 3D creation themselves, so some very needed features are missing and the implementation of some other features is simply hilarious and counter-intuitive.

Reactions: QV and GreenMan65

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The standard morphs included in daz are... lacking. You need a morph pack like .
edit:
I was able to manipulate the model's mouth using PowerPose. I thought I had tried the i3 morphs, but I tried them again after manipulating the face on my actor and this time it worked. Go figure.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I was able to manipulate the model's mouth using PowerPose. I thought I had tried the i3 morphs, but I tried them again after manipulating the face on my actor and this time it worked. Go figure./QUOTE]

bg_ep2_pier_conversation_MCfacing.png

Better than stuck with his mouth closed. :p

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thx again bro, another thing, when i try really high resolution (like 10k x 8k) my DAZ 3D crash over me the instant i click the render button. How can you render at ~7k?
It largely comes down the hardware that you have at your disposal. Whilst my hardware is reasonably old (~5 years) it was a reasonably high end desktop machine at the time.
- 32GB Mainboard RAM
- 512MB SSD Drive
- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

If you are trying to render on a laptop, you are fighting a losing battle. You may improve things a little by reducing scene complexity, however this will limit your options. Scene complexity may be reduced by lowering the polygon count (less objects) and/or reducing texture resolution.

EDIT: I have also found that 4.11 Beta is more stable than 4.10.

Reactions: Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
It largely comes down the hardware that you have at your disposal. Whilst my hardware is reasonably old (~5 years) it was a reasonably high end desktop machine at the time.
- 32GB Mainboard RAM
- 512MB SSD Drive
- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

If you are trying to render on a laptop, you are fighting a losing battle. You may improve things a little by reducing scene complexity, however this will limit your options. Scene complexity may be reduced by lowering the polygon count (less objects) and/or reducing texture resolution.
Yeah i thought that too, here's my pc spec:

I3 6100
Nvidia GT 1030 2Gb (extremely underpowered gpu for office work)
8Gb ram DDR4 2400 MHz
HDD 600 Gb (Clean only OS onstalled)
HDD 1TB (Where i install everything and actually with 11 Gb left :ROFLMAO:)

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018

I3 6100
8Gb ram DDR4 2400 MHz
I don't know if there are any specific reqs by DAZ, except IRay requiring Nvidia. But even a small scene with just 1-2 girls and not much else can quickly take up 10-20GB, while your combined RAM+VRAM is only 10GB.

Also if your storage drive has less than 15% space remaining, it slows down considerably.
And if your system demands more than RAM and VRAM can hold, it has to use the pagefile which also does both slowdown and damage to the drives.

So I guess if it instantly crashes, it can't allocate enough virtual RAM on the HDD as well.

You can check your available RAM in the nvidia drivers, at the left-bottom click on System Info and in that window where it says "total available video memory" (something like that).

Reactions: recreation

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

I3 6100
8Gb ram DDR4 2400 MHz
Sorry dude, you just don't have the hardware to produce complex images (polygon count) / high resolution images via iRay in a sensible amount of time. The main priority for rendering is the GPU and then the quantity of RAM available. If you are building a desktop PC from scratch it will likely set you back about USD1000.

You can still produce some very nice character images, however the props need to be kept to a minimum. As an example the render below is about a 10 minute render on my hardware. It has fairly low memory requirements, so you could likely achieve the same in about 30 mins, based upon GPU speed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
The Iray render sux. It is not even 3rd rate render. One of the main problem is even if you make the stuff which is outside the frame invisible it still takes memory. As my PC sux too I started to delete the invisible stuff - but be careful not to overwrite the only original DuF with the whole scene. Because due to a highly secretive reason (AKA incompetence) Daz doesn't make auto-backups.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote