VN Ren'Py 30 Days [v0.1a] [AllNatural]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
First off... The small time animation? Why fucking bother with them? They could easily be replaced with no animation and be fixed. I honestly don't get the whole fixation on needing to animate everything to "make things better". It's more a waste of time and addition to the file size.

Secondly... Naturally a definate need to fix and clean up the text. Not to mention and serious explantion on things should be a bit clearer.

Premise wise... Certainly interesting, oddly and maybe randomly reminds me of the 'Eye of the Storm' VN from years back, where everything went dark and such. This VN could turn out to be a decent enough game, certainly pending what all transpires and if things are entirely scripted or not. Not to mention possible kinks as well. I know I saw one user mention the hopes for Pregnancy, and that could certainly be a thing in the possible epilogue and such.

Overall... Semi curious on this one though certainly going to wait and see with whats all going to be in it before committing to this one.

Reactions: Buffalo Fred

AllNatural939

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
When did you made the ticket?
During the next day, day 4. Then a moderator asked me for information, it took me a couple of days to respond because I never received a notification and I did not see his response. I sent him the information he asked for and I never heard from him again. A few days ago I opened another Ticket asking what was happening... Another moderator responded saying that my other ticket was still pending (what a novelty) and that I should be patient, no other information and he closed that ticket. Yesterday, bored, I closed the TIcket that had no response and opened another one that no one has seen... Meanwhile, others have everything resolved in 5 days or less.

AllNatural939

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
First off... The small time animation? Why fucking bother with them? They could easily be replaced with no animation and be fixed. I honestly don't get the whole fixation on needing to animate everything to "make things better". It's more a waste of time and addition to the file size.

Secondly... Naturally a definate need to fix and clean up the text. Not to mention and serious explantion on things should be a bit clearer...
Hello.
Small time animations... You say "why bother" and I say "why not?". It's totally subjective. Many see something without animations and complain, and it's the first time I have seen someone complain because there are animations. I put three small animations, only 3. One when Rachel jumps from the tree, another that is a movement of MC's head during a conversation and the other when the Guard throws Sally's body to the ground. I highly doubt that's "animate everything".
I hate it when in any other game of this type there are very long conversations and the developer limits itself to making a loop of 2 or 3 images during all that time. I like everything to flow, and those 3 little animations are a part of the process. In this version there are more than 500 images. Playing time is more or less an hour and a half. If I did everything like you say, just do what was necessary, maybe I would have the same amount of images with 3 hours of game play. But I'm not like that.

As for fixing and cleaning up the texts, you caught me there, I have no idea what you mean. I speak Spanish and I think I write in English quite decently. Anyway, when I have doubts I sometimes even check with Gemini (Google AI). Other times I make a translation of the translation of what the normal Google translator says. I've checked everything a bunch of times and haven't detected any flaws. Perhaps the way the characters express themselves is sometimes a bit strange for some natural English speakers, but there are no mistakes. If you could be more precise I would appreciate it.

EDIT: I love you Zemax

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes