VN Ren'Py Abandoned 2069 [v0.1.2] [Kamikoni Arts]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Art looks great, and the setting is quite interesting as well.

Unfortunately, disabling core features of Renpy like save/load, rollback and skip text is a hard no. The combination of all of them is especially unintuitive. Something happens like misclicking a choice, and you can't reload/rollback to fix your error, you'd have to restart from the beginning and mash the enter key/left mouse to get back to where you were. Can't save before any good scenes in case you want to replay them either. I know sometimes the developer's vision for the game makes them remove options from the player to force them to feel a certain kind of way, but I don't really see the benefit for the player in this scenario.

Couple of minor bugs like unassigned character strings and some text still in Russian, despite being in the English version. But that's comparatively insignificant and easily fixable, unlike the previous issues. Will definitely check back in if they choose to open up the game to make it more intuitive for the player.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
no save, no skip, no easy way to replay to try other choices.
Good concept, interesting art.
Will be watching with great interest
Might need proofreading xD

Reactions: Kamikoni Arts

Kamikoni Arts

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2022
What do the devs mean by this?

Do the players choose the outcome of each episode? My experiences with games where the players have full power over choices are not that great, everyone wants something different and it ends up hurting the game's reputation
Thank you for your concern for the future of the game. We will try to make the plot and choice natively understandable for the player, without overloading with unnecessary and unnecessary forks :)

Reactions: SpecterX

Kamikoni Arts

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2022
Art looks great, and the setting is quite interesting as well.

Unfortunately, disabling core features of Renpy like save/load, rollback and skip text is a hard no. The combination of all of them is especially unintuitive. Something happens like misclicking a choice, and you can't reload/rollback to fix your error, you'd have to restart from the beginning and mash the enter key/left mouse to get back to where you were. Can't save before any good scenes in case you want to replay them either. I know sometimes the developer's vision for the game makes them remove options from the player to force them to feel a certain kind of way, but I don't really see the benefit for the player in this scenario.

Couple of minor bugs like unassigned character strings and some text still in Russian, despite being in the English version. But that's comparatively insignificant and easily fixable, unlike the previous issues. Will definitely check back in if they choose to open up the game to make it more intuitive for the player.
Thank you very much for reporting the bugs, it helps us a lot! We will definitely fix them. We decided to add save and load in the next update. Thank you and other members for your feedback (y)(y)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Skads and SecretSal

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
yeah,the art is great,soundtrack is decent, cyberpunk is one of my fav settings,but not being able to save and load makes this almost unplayable imo. It killed most of my enjoyment from what would be a great game otherwise. Please fix this dev

Reactions: Kamikoni Arts

DarkEnergy

Nov 27, 2017
Loving the art style, the cyberpunk aesthetic and planned tags are right up my perv lane.
But where are the usual Ren'Py options like rollback, skip unread text and why no saving?

Last edited:
Reactions: ZzZzZiggy

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I am reading that there are two paths. Dark and Light.

Does this mean that in the Light Path we will be able to have romances instead of something aimed at corruption or being a pervy creep?

I think it's already been made clear, but the art is fantastic. I'd just like to know if that's possible to have genuine romances and love oriented things.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes