hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
A gut shot is a gut shot! The blood loss that was visible indicated a lot of torn tissue. If the hero doesn't get medical help quickly, nothing in the real world can save him.
In order for the hero to be able to heal himself in some way, a complex process in the body would have to be initiated and extremely accelerated. A healing process is not a conscious process, but rather various automatic processes that intertwine. That's why I would push any explanation that the MC heals himself within minutes into the realm of fairy tales and myths.
In the game with Update 0.8, if an ambulance doesn't come rushing around the corner right at the beginning, the MC is dead. And even if this were the case, our hero would be out for weeks if not months. Of course our hero can also play in the hospital without a suit, ha!
Unless the so-called “real” world turns out to be “only” virtual. Then of course everything would be possible. Def Held would just have to rewrite its own code a bit.
I don't know what card game trick Cari will pull out of her hat, but if the hero suddenly heals himself in the real world, I'll just laugh.

Reactions: yinAzura

ruki0907

Feb 22, 2024
How old is the discord account? The server isn't accepting accounts that are less than 1 or 2 days old
My Discord account has been created for several years, and I haven't had any issues joining other servers.
Moreover, I've joined fewer than 100 servers.
Could it be that the server has reached its maximum capacity for accepting new members, and that's why I'm unable to join?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sexypeanut

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The moment magic can interact with technology, magic “dies”!
This is simply defined by the law of conservation of energy or conservation of information.
But of course it's a game and Cari can define what he wants in it.
Well yes (though stories where Magitech exists disagree with that regard), but a setting's rules should be consistent, no? If you introduce magic to a setting then that element should still exist unless blatantly stated otherwise. And so far magic still has a play in the setting, given that William essentially revealed at the beginning of the update that Eternum isn't a Virtual MMO but something akin to the Astral Realm that's accessible via Astral Projections or Out-of-Body experiences (like dreaming), and that the Founder is inducing said experience using the Nerve Implant for his search of the Gems. If that doesn't sound like magic or occult-related to you, then I don't know what is.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Well yes (though stories where Magitech exists disagree with that regard), but a setting's rules should be consistent, no? If you introduce magic to a setting then that element should still exist unless blatantly stated otherwise. And so far magic still has a play in the setting, given that William essentially revealed at the beginning of the update that Eternum isn't a Virtual MMO but something akin to the Astral Realm that's accessible via Astral Projections or Out-of-Body experiences (like dreaming), and that the Founder is inducing said experience using the Nerve Implant for his search of the Gems. If that doesn't sound like magic or occult-related to you, then I don't know what is.
I am of the same opinion. I just want to make it clear that the hero's "reality" can have nothing to do with the reality that surrounds us and that we experience every day.
And any attempt to map the two “realities” onto each other is doomed to failure.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I am of the same opinion. I just want to make it clear that the hero's "reality" can have nothing to do with the reality that surrounds us and that we experience every day.
And any attempt to map the two “realities” onto each other is doomed to failure.
I don't think anyone's contesting that tho (e6mill's quip aside)? Just saying that there's more to the setting than meets the eye and that there are people in this thread who are aware about it, particularly those who've played the dev's first game and know that this one chronology takes place a long while after that.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
My Discord account has been created for several years, and I haven't had any issues joining other servers.
Moreover, I've joined fewer than 100 servers.
Could it be that the server has reached its maximum capacity for accepting new members, and that's why I'm unable to join?
It cannot be at maximum capacity because every single day more people join it. Perhaps you could post on Caribdis' itch.io page about it?

Klezyr

Dec 7, 2020
YOOOOO... I really wanted this to happen since the MC managed to "control" his "power", the author really managed to create this image of the MC becoming arrogant due to power and this made the ending INSANE!
To be quite honest, i played a good amount of games here and i strongly believe that nobody managed to create a "hype" like this, the story has little some small flaws, yes, but no one can say that "Eternum" isn't one of the best.
Unfortunately I can't help on Patreon, but I'm really hoping that it only gets better in the future.

BlueNox

Mar 18, 2024
YOOOOO... I really wanted this to happen since the MC managed to "control" his "power", the author really managed to create this image of the MC becoming arrogant due to power and this made the ending INSANE!
To be quite honest, i played a good amount of games here and i strongly believe that nobody managed to create a "hype" like this, the story has little some small flaws, yes, but no one can say that "Eternum" isn't one of the best.
Unfortunately I can't help on Patreon, but I'm really hoping that it only gets better in the future.
I 100% agree with you, He got overconfident and is now paying the price, I have so many theories on what this update will bring, if it's anything like Once in a Lifetime I know it's gonna be a banger I check every day hoping for some news on the update or some little spoilers or anything. I was surprised how into this game I got and how much I want to see the story play out.

Reactions: yinAzura

Klezyr

Dec 7, 2020
I 100% agree with you, He got overconfident and is now paying the price, I have so many theories on what this update will bring, if it's anything like Once in a Lifetime I know it's gonna be a banger I check every day hoping for some news on the update or some little spoilers or anything. I was surprised how into this game I got and how much I want to see the story play out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Fight night gachimuchi? 1000163135.png :HideThePain: I’ve now decided to try the “Werewolf” route, so far it seems funnier and a little more interesting.. of course it’s too early to draw conclusions

4.80 star(s) 884 Votes