VN - Ren'Py - Eternum [v0.7.5 Public] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Numnomnom

After hesitating to play eternum because it doesn't involve a certain tag like this devs earlier game which i love, i'm in awe of this masterpiece.

The world building and story telling is very very good. I like the pacing it feels like a ride in a roller coaster in a good way, you got the calm parts and suddenly are captivated in a scene full of action.
    The visuals are stunning not only the characters but also the level of detail for the backgrounds and surroundings.

What really got me hooked are the characters, not only do the models look stunning but i'm emotionally invested in them. I love to see their reactions and want to know how they develop and what happens to them.

Ah yes, and then there are lewd animations some of the smoothest you can have in this genre.... with music.... and they are amazing.

This VN hast it all, the complete package - a must play in my opinion.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Harry42

Don't usually write reviews but this game is just too good. The game has very good humor, graphics, sex scenes. Story can be better but still good. Game play is something that can be improved on. A+ to the devs keep up the good work.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

DrivesYouToObey

BEST.AVN.EVER*
    Everything about this game is amazing. Props to the dev for an excellent game. I agree with all the good reviews here. The story, the graphics, the gameplay. I really like that some decision you took several moons ago shows up later in the game.
    What are you waiting for?? Just download the damn game already! Thank me later...
    (*) Thus far LOL
  4. 5.00 star(s)

whipzilla

What can I say about this game that hasn’t already been said: excellent visuals, great characters and an interesting and compelling plot. There is a reason this is considered one of the best games on this site. If you haven’t played it, do yourself a favour and check it out.

If I had one criticism it would probably be the length of time between releases. I know work this good takes time but it seems a tad excessive for the amount of content in an update, though to be honest this is a minor criticism the game is more than good enough to wait for.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

smolchungus

Incredible game even without all the sex scenes. It feels like a sci-fi movie with a genuinely interesting and coherent plot and storylines, and every relationship in this game feels plausible. No annoying big tity girls with glasses like every other game does thank god.

The animations are much more lively than other AVNs I've played. Also the BGMs really make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Also enjoy the fact that there's a minimal amount of chores to do (like the free roams / sandbox) in this game unlike in many other visual novels.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

wwalker

Definitely one of the highest quality VN's out there right now. It definitely deserves it's rating. Nothing about it is over the top fantastic, instead it is the combination of all the aspects of the VN being consistently above average that make this game stand out. It just feels premium and professionally executed.

If I had any criticism it would be that sometimes it plays things a little safe. Not necessarily a bad thing. It definitely feels like a comfort-pick. It's well executed and everyone likes it, but nothing about it blows the mind. However, it isn't finished yet, so we will see if this criticism still stands at the end.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

whysoserious222

Amazing game, one of the best I've played

Positives:
    + Story - I like this story more than his previous game; I think it's great, really interesting and main thing about Eternum is that dev can think of any random server and make it a reality and it just means a neverending creativity (wild west, pirates, cyberpunk etc),
    + writing - great and interesting, full of humour, you can see that dev is a funny guy just by playing this game, he knew how to make a funny situations and he showed it in his previous game and it just got to another level, even simple things like facial expressions can create a funny scene
    + girls - I love them all, such an amazing group, all beautiful, all smart, if I had to pick a favourite, I think it would be Annie, I think she's the cutest and her relationship with MC looks most natural, I would pick her for a single path
    + music - finally it's worth playing this game with loud music and headphones on, the music is great, really completes scenes, it's not common that I listen to some songs on YT while working later on, but I did with few songs from this game (like silverware); huge upgrade comparing to first game
    + MC - I really like him, I like his look, I like what he has to say, we can see that he's not perfect, he makes mistakes and he's not afraid to claim it, another upgrade comparing to first game
    + amount of content - if you read every single word, you have a nice, long game to play, I'm satisfied with the content for my favourite girls and - even if another updates will take long time which is normal - I don't think we will be even close to some games having a once per year update; I can wait few months for an update and I think it's fair
    + sex scenes - great, I prefer slighty longer scenes, I think they would be better if dev looped some animations and added more text, but even now scenes are hot and great; easily one of the strongest thing about this game, especially with...
    + animations - dev uses a lot of them in sex scenes and outside of them, clearly it takes ages to render all this but it's absolutely worth it - animations are top and even if whole graphic style is a little cartoonish (not real world like), animations just take it all to the next level

Negatives:
    - I don't really like Nancy's model, I think she looks younger than she should be, I know they're talking constantly about how young she looks, but come on, add some wrinkles to her face
    - ending of 0.7.5
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

fluxerzlux

honestly the best AVN out there, played it a few times and will continue to replay the whole game whenever a new update drops.

PROS:
    great visuals
    great story
    great LIs
    great music (seriously, never realized how much good music can add to the experience before this game)
    great humor
    consistent updates

CONS:
    none, go play it if you havent already
  9. 5.00 star(s)

grayhounds

By far the best game I've ever played. Perfect combination of story, characters, artwork, worldbuilding, writing, humor, music, and animation. I really really love seeing girls in various cool/cute outfits, so this game works so much better for me than many of the more realistic/modern day games out there. It's only gotten better with each update, and I really think the developer is making a model for what a good game looks like.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

PizzaTheAction

This is honestly the game that got me into developing my own visual novel. It has a remarkably engaging story for an adult visual novel and if Caribdis suddenly decided to make it SFW I'd honestly keep reading.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Elitasrew

I believe 4 star is a fair assessment. The visual is great. Not coincidence that this game is among the most popular game. But I dare say that the story is not the best. The beginning is good. It keeps you excited. But later it feels like you are moving all over the place and it start to get bland. I think this is what you need to know to decide if you want to try this game. If you are fine with going whichever way things flow, then you will like this game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Alulu7

Eternum is an unforgettable experience and in my opinion the perfect AVN.

The story will have you hooked instantly. The world of the virtual game Eternum is fascinating and contains various unique storylines which keep the story dynamic and the virtual world ties well with the real life so every storyline feels revelant. While sometimes the story might get very intense and dark, the brilliant humouric events help lighten the mood and will get a chuckle out of you.

Characters are top notch. All of them have more going for them than just their personality traits which makes following their daily life so much more rewarding. Also the character models look incredible with very realistic facial expression that truly elevated the experience (The cute nods the girls did always made me smile).

Music and sound effects are difficult to pull off well in a VN but here they helped build the atmosphere very well and fitted the scenes very well.

And finally the sex scenes were truly work of art. Looked incredible and sound effects just made them even better.

Overall an incredible AVN with an incredible story and some of the cutest women you will find.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

perhepje

First VN I've played that i feel has good writing. Story is amazing, music is adequate for every situation, good amount of content. I truly hope the dev keeps working on it as it has very high potential. Good job!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Little Penguin

When I saw the graphics of the game I wasn't very convinced but since it had good reviews I decided to try it and... I loved it, the humor is great, I laughed a lot and the story and the characters are very good, looking forward to seeing it completed, very good job!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Steuan

I came for the boobs and stayed for the plot. This has got to be one of the most intriguing stories I've seen in any game (let alone an NSFW game) in years, the level of detail that must have gone into this is crazy. Everything from the references to the story line or even just the unique character traits I was fully immersed in this game from start to finish, but the premise of the story itself is what has captivated me.

Now don't get me wrong, the lewd scenes are great, the detail is amazing, to the point where you can even see goosebumps on the skin and ridges in the leather seats and much more tiny detail that wasn't exactly necessary but just make it so much more tidy and realistic. I can't imagine how many hours went into animating this whole project.

But the story line is on another level, I've seen games and films use the premise of virtual reality before but I've never seen them pull off such a unique twist and I've got to say it's such a breath of fresh air, I won't go to into what I like about the story because of spoilers and stuff but man if you haven't checked this game out I would certainly recommend it.

Bravo to Caribdis and his team, I cannot wait to see where this game goes.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

vikion

I held off on playing this game for a long time because I was really skeptical about the visuals, seeing how they're built on Honey Select. But I played Once In a Lifetime in the past, and I ended up loving it. Seeing that Caribdis is the developer for this one as well, I was convinced to download it. I started the game with a little bit of skepticism because of the first character you meet (Annie) who is very child-like and I was feeling a little uneasy after realizing that most of the romance-able (is that a word?) characters are exactly 18. However, as I played the game, I was completely engrossed into the story. The sex scenes are masterpieces, clearly indicative of the developer's skill and efforts. As of today, only v0.7.* content is out, and after finishing it, it felt like the sex scenes were cherry on top of the story, and not the other way around. Looking forward to the next update!

PS: Whoever built the walkthrough mod did a great job as well because of how seamlessly it's integrated into the game. I'd be lying if I say I'm not inspired to start my own project now.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Lim3Slim3

The Verdict
    One of the best AVNs you'll play. A masterpiece, 5/5. I wish I could experience this for the first time again.

Edit: Ran a fresh playthrough after v0.7.5 and had some more thoughts about this great game.

The Good
    • The game takes place in a fascinating world that you could easily see as an HBO show or blockbuster movie.
    • The environments and setting each scene takes place in here are so diverse and detailed that it feels like you're playing a AAA game at times. Even the sound design and music are amazing, a component that most other games just completely ignore.
    • Some of the hottest girls and scenes in any game, with just the right amount of build-up to make each moment even hotter.
    • Edit: The level design is so creative and fun here, and I love the homages to so many different IPs. Every adventure in Eternum is a joy.
    • Edit: The music is awesome, changing for each Eternum adventure but also the "Main Theme" that plays throughout is so cozy.
    • Edit: There are some simple effects used when characters are on a phone call, during the introduction of the different cliques at school, etc. that just add so much to the polish here
    • Edit: Some of the flashback characterizations for the different characters are absolutely heartbreaking. Great character development throughout.
    • Edit: Another awesome characterization tactic is how characters are different in and out of Eternum. I particularly noticed this with Nancy and Annie, but it's really true of all of them, and it adds this awesome duality to the characters.
    • Edit: The creators here are remarkably effective with humor, horror, suspense, drama... sometimes all in the same scene / level. The game is constantly so fresh because of the tone switches.
    The Bad
    • The fact that this is a harem game certainly makes it much easier to enjoy all the content in a single playthrough, but the lack of actual LI routes or interactivity here makes this more like a lightly interactive movie than a game.
      • The end result is still so spectacular it barely matters, but the lack of meaningful choice here does ultimately bring down the impact of the amazing story and setting the creators have crafted here
    • Edit: USE THE WALKTHROUGH - the game warns you about it ahead of time, but it would be an absolute tragedy to miss out on any routes here because of a dialogue choice. Just follow the guide, they're all so worth it.
    The Ugly
    • Nothing - just that this game is so incredible that it will ruin your ability to enjoy other games apart from an elite few. Savor it on your first playthrough.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Trakzer

Feels kindda pointless voting after it was so clearly stated that's one of the best vn's out there but yeah, good looking girls, amazing plot, if i had anything to complain about this one is that some of the girls feet look kindda weird, but otherwise the game is pretty great, the best part is that the plot is out of the ordinary and varies a lot wich ain't easy to find since vn's tend to stay in the same universe plotwise and it always gets a bit boring after a while so it's nice to have variating ones like this.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Fatpi

Amazing art and writing, you can relate to the characters, very immersive game. Truly a masterpiece, I have really enjoyed Once in a Lifetime but with this game, Caribdis really stepped up, the music choice is perfect and combines with the personality of the characters and the context. Just to say something "bad", the only thing missing would be voice acting, that would make it completely perfect.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

astabro

Reviewing till 0.7.5.
    Goated game, lies in Top 5 fav AVNs for most people. Story, animations, sex, humour everything is of top level. Will recommend anyone to play the first game of this dev, that one too is goated.

The lore, story is just awesome. Perfect use of humour and every character in this game is impactful whether it's the MC, Li's, side characters, villians. The writer definitely knows how to cook an AVN.