Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Yeah, unless you got money and are fairly young and in good health (none of those apply to me) the real world is rough.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
realism? many play games (avns and others) to escape from real world at least for a few hrs.
I don't want full on realism. Just not endless lines of text from the MC as he goes over, in detail, everything he has done and will do and makes plans to sit down and have a lengthy conversation about a KISS!

I want to see how this game ends, but on the flip side, I don't know if I can survive it. ;)

starkj

May 17, 2022
I don't want full on realism. Just not endless lines of text from the MC as he goes over, in detail, everything he has done and will do and makes plans to sit down and have a lengthy conversation about a KISS!

I want to see how this game ends, but on the flip side, I don't know if I can survive it. ;)
Agree, there's too much meaningless dialogue and monologues in this dev's games, if you dont play these games by update, it can be very overwhelming with so much dialogue. Wish they cut out a bit of it in the next game but somehow i doubt it.

Reactions: Night Hacker

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
To be fair, this probably is in part due to episodic development model: when players are expected to wait for 2-3 months (or more) between updates, these monologues are effectively recaps of what has happened last time, which help to bring people up to speed. Obv. not too great for completed product, though.

(also, if you're cynical, to pad episode length, but, hey)

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Still playing through this and the following dialog made me go "huh?"

View attachment 3642239

...it was starting to get cold... so she put it in the fridge... yeah, that'll keep it warm! :ROFLMAO:
Not sure what you don't understand?

She made food.
MC didn't eat it.
It got cold.
She put it in the fridge.
Now it won't get bad.

Don't you have a fridge, where you put your leftovers?
Like come on dude... :KEK:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Got to this scene today which made me laugh my butt off. Still chuckling at it. It's when he dreams about sleeping with his sister/not-sister (I have incest turned off) and her mother and his "sister" catches him with her. My MC is named "Neil", I named her "Hailey"... though I don't think it shows up in this...

screenshot0125.jpg
screenshot0126.jpg

:D :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Reactions: haunter22

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
show me a game where mc isn't.
Pretty rare. Not sure why they like to do that. Maybe it would be interesting to just make one where the MC actually is mentally retarded. We have ones where the MC is working on a degree in quantum physics and acts like that.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Pretty rare. Not sure why they like to do that. Maybe it would be interesting to just make one where the MC actually is mentally retarded. We have ones where the MC is working on a degree in quantum physics and acts like that.
on all games i have played mc has been more or less idiot.

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes