• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Does anyone know HOW to get rid of the MC image when walking around?

SagingCoffee

Jun 26, 2021
Including not understanding how many fingers should be on a human hand?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Behold, yet another example of AI art paranoia gaslighting people into overanalyzing things and declaring it to be AI.

I don't know how to tell you this, but bad anatomy and inconsistent art has been a thing with artists since forever. Sometimes, genuine error. Sometimes laziness. Sometimes oversight from not even bothering to correct out of chasing a deadline. And sometimes, the artist just isn't flat out very good. A quick view of doujin games, doujinshi or eromanga through the years and you'll see a lot of examples of weird anatomy and perspective and artists changing styles. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. So you gonna call those AI too?

Wonky art due to the artist's mistake or genuine lack of skill level? AI did it.
Artist changing styles or using digital coloring? Totally AI amirite?

There is no winning against this kind of inquisition.
AI will kill most artists, not because they're taking their jobs, but because their passion will be killed by their work being accused of AI. This is not the first time I saw a flawed/still developing artist with obvious oversights in their style or output being accused of using AI. And this will not be the last I'm sure.

Hiroshi000

Jan 24, 2020
Behold, yet another example of AI art paranoia gaslighting people into overanalyzing things and declaring it to be AI.

I don't know how to tell you this, but bad anatomy and inconsistent art has been a thing with artists since forever. Sometimes, genuine error. Sometimes laziness. Sometimes oversight from not even bothering to correct out of chasing a deadline. And sometimes, the artist just isn't flat out very good. A quick view of doujin games, doujinshi or eromanga through the years and you'll see a lot of examples of weird anatomy and perspective and artists changing styles. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. So you gonna call those AI too?

Wonky art due to the artist's mistake or genuine lack of skill level? AI did it.

AI will kill most artists, not because they're taking their jobs, but because their passion will be killed by their work being accused of AI. This is not the first time I saw a flawed/still developing artist with obvious oversights in their style or output being accused of using AI. And this will not be the last I'm sure.
Wow so someone with 2 braincells exists on f95zone? Magnificent
Couldnt have worded it any better bud,Bravo
But fr people need to chill out with this AI art thing
The dev used this particular art style from his first game onwards so no he doesnt use AI
Furthermore whoever calls this art style AI simply doesnt know what he's talking about.

Reactions: camper88

camper88

Feb 14, 2023
Those who think art and drawings in this game is AI need to get their brains checked and probably probed with a big steel pipe. These delusional people are threat to society. We must to bring back mental asylum.

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021

Like I said, I don't mind people using AI to help with stuff, and digital coloring or AI shading can look really good. If the artist somehow didn't use AI in any steps of this work, then they simply don't care enough about their work. Any person of a skilled profession (especially artists) tends to actually care about the work they are doing, and will notice their own flaws and if it is bad enough will straight up not submit that as the final product. Obviously, if they are struggling to get by, and the deadline is soon, there will be sloppy and rushed work. But not knowing how many fingers to put on someone's hands isn't a mistake people make, since every human knows how many fingers a human has. Weird shaped hands and wonky fingers? That's normal. Extra or fewer fingers? That's not. Huge inconsistencies in each drawing of the same character for the same work? That's not very common, but can and does happen. However having glaring inconsistencies in the same image isn't something an artist is likely to overlook. It takes a lot of time to make just one image, and the artist is going to be staring at it the entire time they are making it. Accidentally making parts of the hair have the same look as skin is something they would notice immediately, and could fix easily and quickly.

TLDR: These kinds of mistakes aren't at all about skill level of the artist, but rather how much they care to correct the mistakes in the original sketch; and the mistakes that were made would be rather surprising if an AI had no involvement in making the sketches. Using AI to help with stuff is ok, and honestly AI mockups are very handy for a multitude of purposes, and speeds up production of many things (not just art). Honestly, saying AI was used is actually being optimistic here. Cause if AI wasn't used, then that hurts the artist far more than if it was, as they have far less excuses for the glaring issues in various parts of the work.

SagingCoffee

Jun 26, 2021
But not knowing how many fingers to put on someone's hands isn't a mistake people make, since every human knows how many fingers a human has. Weird shaped hands and wonky fingers? That's normal. Extra or fewer fingers? That's not.
Happens more often than you'd think.

And those are just stuff I happen to have saved. Plenty of examples in all sorts of drawn media. Artists make mistakes all the time, partly due to overwork, stress, oversight and sometimes just outright not giving a fuck. You gonna retroactively apply AI jihad to them too?

Other common mistakes include:
- Left foot and right foot being switched
- Clothing details and accessories magically disappearing or being inconsistent in-between panels (even moreso if a character is wearing a particularly elaborate outfit)
- Characters getting longcat torsos or t-rex arms
- Skin tone bleeding over to clothing or hair because of a missed line or hole in line art.
And honestly a lot more. Which hilariously enough, in the past year or two, whenever an artist do make these common mistakes, I see the AI inquisition ganging up on them too.

I looked back at the whole extra fingers image you claimed in the preview pictures, and that seems to be more like a poorly drawn thumb than anything. Which also is a rather common mistake.

I'm fucking tired of people throwing the AI hammer on people.

Last edited:

gallows226

Jan 16, 2023
Happens more often than you'd think.

And those are just stuff I happen to have saved. Plenty of examples in all sorts of drawn media. Artists make mistakes all the time, partly due to overwork, stress, oversight and sometimes just outright not giving a fuck. You gonna retroactively apply AI jihad to them too?

Other common mistakes include:
- Left foot and right foot being switched
- Clothing details and accessories magically disappearing or being inconsistent in-between panels (even moreso if a character is wearing a particularly elaborate outfit)
- Characters getting longcat torsos or t-rex arms
- Skin tone bleeding over to clothing or hair because of a missed line or hole in line art.
And honestly a lot more. Which hilariously enough, in the past year or two, whenever an artist do make these common mistakes, I see the AI inquisition ganging up on them too.

I looked back at the whole extra fingers image you claimed in the preview pictures, and that seems to be more like a poorly drawn thumb than anything. Which also is a rather common mistake.

I'm fucking tired of people throwing the AI hammer on people.
damn you literally pulled out receipts. lmao nice

3.80 star(s) 15 Votes