2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Multi27

Jan 16, 2022
Hi, there is a dedicated menu with a guide (In "Event List") that will tell you what to do and when to launch new story events without any farm/grind. All characters also have tips in their panels to help players get character-related events.
but what does the sandbox really add to the story you're trying to tell if the player has to break immersion and check a help menu for every new event?

Last edited:

Lord Arakan

Apr 5, 2021
0.3.0 seems to be missing the event "suzune_cafe_first".
Same

Here Error written

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/free_time.rpy", line 133, in script
jump suzune_cafe_first
ScriptError: could not find label 'suzune_cafe_first'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump suzune_cafe_first
File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\LoveCastaways-0.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1992, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\LoveCastaways-0.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Love Castaways 0.3.0
Wed Aug 23 05:09:19 2023

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SPkiller31

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
The list of planned tags would probably take a few good lines of reading so I'll just say that most folks should be satisfied with future updates. Some vanilla, some more kinky.
I don't understand why most of the devs always get this wrong. The genre list is (for me, at least, but I'm sure there are a lot of folks who think the same) the first thing I look for when a new game is released. The above sentence tells me practically nothing and serves no purpose. When it comes to fetishes, the biggest the list, the better (both for the players and the game's potential success).

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Same

Here Error written

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump suzune_cafe_first
Thank you, both for the info, no idea yet how the old event could get messed up as I don't touch them besides fixing grammar but I'll look into that and upload a new version in an hour or so.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lord Arakan

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I don't understand why most of the devs always get this wrong. The genre list is (for me, at least, but I'm sure there are a lot of folks who think the same) the first thing I look for when a new game is released. The above sentence tells me practically nothing and serves no purpose. When it comes to fetishes, the biggest the list, the better (both for the players and the game's potential success).
In my case, it's simply the matter that a lot of things in my game are done last minute before the update, including lewd events so sometimes even I don't know what tags will be available.
I have no problem with including all of the planned stuff but then when people ask when particular things happens I may answer in few updates or even longer.

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
but what does the sandbox really add to the story you're trying to tell if the player has to break immersion and check a help menu for every new event?
Most events either happen one after another or can be deducted by the players (often events have tips in them like characters saying that they have to go somewhere0 so it's only for people that are stuck. There are and will be events that are not locked behind points but have different outcomes depending on the amount of relation with certain characters so giving an option to replay commons can be important for some.

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Hey everyone, the game received a small update that should fix cafe bug that throws error when visiting Suzune.
There's also a small fix that should allow you to get rid of bug without downloading the whole game again. Please let me know if the bug still occurs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lord Arakan

Multi27

Jan 16, 2022
Most events either happen one after another or can be deducted by the players (often events have tips in them like characters saying that they have to go somewhere0 so it's only for people that are stuck. There are and will be events that are not locked behind points but have different outcomes depending on the amount of relation with certain characters so giving an option to replay commons can be important for some.
still though, what does it add to the story? and since you said yourself that these events happen one after another, why not just make it a choice based kinetic novel in order to pace your game in the way you intendet and remove the loss of immersion?
i will still keep an eye on this game, since it seemed right up my alley and if you ever decide to either add a vn mode or remove the sandbox, i will be back.

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
still though, what does it add to the story? and since you said yourself that these events happen one after another, why not just make it a choice based kinetic novel in order to pace your game in the way you intendet and remove the loss of immersion?
i will still keep an eye on this game, since it seemed right up my alley and if you ever decide to either add a vn mode or remove the sandbox, i will be back.
Cause removing the option for revisits and replaying all lewd scenes would also disallow any type of events based on characters' points, or I would need to implement a lot of choices, most of which would be meaningless regarding the main story and serve just as a points buffer. I understand that players may be tired of sandbox games but I won't turn mine into a kinetic novel.

SameUser1

Jun 4, 2023
Love Castaways v0.3.0 Hotfix Compressed (Untested)

Win 1.3 GB/371 MB :

P.S: Not Included Mac and Android versions ;) (Packed With 7zip)

This Compression is Unofficial and Can breake your game

Multi27

Jan 16, 2022
Cause removing the option for revisits and replaying all lewd scenes would also disallow any type of events based on characters' points, or I would need to implement a lot of choices, most of which would be meaningless regarding the main story and serve just as a points buffer. I understand that players may be tired of sandbox games but I won't turn mine into a kinetic novel.
well that's unfortunate. still good luck with your game though

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote