fuew12

Sep 20, 2017
is most people give up playing this or what ? i think the install issue already been fixed by silentce

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Do anyone has a walkthrough that shows the branching in the game?

I started mapping the events to do a translation like I did for IM zero but this game is far less linerar and there are lots of choices that actually have long term consequences and since I dont particularly want to play the entire game 20 times a guide would help.

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
Do anyone has a walkthrough that shows the branching in the game?

I started mapping the events to do a translation like I did for IM zero but this game is far less linerar and there are lots of choices that actually have long term consequences and since I dont particularly want to play the entire game 20 times a guide would help.
Haven't played both Megamis yet, but was disappointed to learn that 2nd one only has bad translation. Are you working on a translation for your own personal use only? Or can I hope that maybe you're going to bestow this game with one?

Don't know anything about a walkthrough, though.

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018

Found this regarding branching. The "Walkthrough" part on the same website is a stub, and contains only a preamble.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Haven't played both Megamis yet, but was disappointed to learn that 2nd one only has bad translation. Are you working on a translation for your own personal use only? Or can I hope that maybe you're going to bestow this game with one?

Don't know anything about a walkthrough, though.
I'm translating the game for one of my friends like I did for Zero, I dont mind sharing what I do but it wasnt necessarily the plan. I've no idea where to send the files though.
Initially I sent the files to Nekohen since they provided the MTL that I use as a basis but now that they are down...

Thanks for the link, somehow I forgot a wiki, however small, existed for this game. Weird since I actually used it when I played the game the frist time.

Rio999

Dec 29, 2018
I'm translating the game for one of my friends like I did for Zero, I dont mind sharing what I do but it wasnt necessarily the plan. I've no idea where to send the files though.
Initially I sent the files to Nekohen since they provided the MTL that I use as a basis but now that they are down...

Thanks for the link, somehow I forgot a wiki, however small, existed for this game. Weird since I actually used it when I played the game the frist time.
I'd actually really like to see a zero quality translation too if you don't mind sharing. I really liked zero.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
I'd actually really like to see a zero quality translation too if you don't mind sharing. I really liked zero.
The ikusa megami zero file on 95zone has my translation already applied I think (Well, someone combined the interface patch from ZAP and the dialog files that I translated) but I can send you the files if you want to patch the game yourself.

https://f95zone.to/threads/ikusa-megami-zero-eushully.987/

Quality translation is also a relative term, it's not as if I am fluent in Japanese. But I understand most sentences especially when voiced, and with the help of a MTL I can decifer most dialogs quickly enough. There are a few passages where I didnt understand shit though so I just rewrote in a way that made sense to me. At least it's in grammatically correct english (95% of the time, im not a native english speaker either so I make mistakes)

Last edited:

Rio999

Dec 29, 2018
The ikusa megami zero file on 95zone has my translation already applied I think (Well, someone combined the interface patch from ZAP and the dialog files that I translated) but I can send you the files if you want to patch the game yourself.

https://f95zone.to/threads/ikusa-megami-zero-eushully.987/

Quality translation is also a relative term, it's not as if I am fluent in Japanese. But I understand most sentences especially when voiced, and with the help of a MTL I can decifer most dialogs quickly enough. There are a few passages where I didnt understand shit though so I just rewrote in a way that made sense to me. At least it's in grammatically correct english (95% of the time, im not a native english speaker either so I make mistakes)
Oh I actually meant your translation of this game. I already have the one for Zero.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Oh I actually meant your translation of this game. I already have the one for Zero.
Oh, then apologies but you will have to wait a bit, I havent started the actual translation per say, I am in the process of maping the events of the game. Which is finding which file corresponds to which line of dialog in the MTL so that, when I play the game in Japanese for the actual translation, I can find the corresponding MTL line quickly.
I basically use the MTL as an already operated dictionnary search on every line, I dont always need it but it would be too horrible to search the words manually (especially with kanjis since I would have no way to writte then down to do a search)

I might have the prolog ready by the end of the week if I'm not too busy at work.

Rio999

Dec 29, 2018
Oh, then apologies but you will have to wait a bit, I havent started the actual translation per say, I am in the process of maping the events of the game. Which is finding which file corresponds to which line of dialog in the MTL so that, when I play the game in Japanese for the actual translation, I can find the corresponding MTL line quickly.
I basically use the MTL as an already operated dictionnary search on every line, I dont always need it but it would be too horrible to search the words manually (especially with kanjis since I would have no way to writte then down to do a search)

I might have the prolog ready by the end of the week if I'm not too busy at work.
No rush It's just something I'd be interested in once it's finished.

d0rky

Dec 23, 2018
If my previous work is any indication it will take about 1 to 2 years to finish it.
I have uploaded my crappy translating tool in the new version of my MTL. Have a look at EXTRA\HowtoHelp and see if it can be useful to you. As for the branching I didn't find specific details when I was playing and editing my MTL. I did 4 playthroughs and tried to mix it up as much as I could. Different dialogue choices and team order at the same chapter. Combinations of such things might also matter.

Good luck and have fun. (y) IMO this is the best of the Ikusa Megami games.

Last edited:

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
I have uploaded my crappy translating tool in the new version of my MTL. Have a look at EXTRA\HowtoHelp and see if it can be useful to you. As for the branching I didn't find specific details when I was playing and editing my MTL. I did 4 playthroughs and tried to mix it up as much as I could. Different dialogue choices and team order at the same chapter. Combinations of such things might also matter.

Good luck and have fun. (y) IMO this is the best of the Ikusa Megami games.
Is this Extra/howtohelp folder in the game files to download here? Because I'm still using the game files I downloaded 10 years ago and I cannot find what you refer to.

Last edited:

d0rky

Dec 23, 2018
Is this Extra/howtohelp folder in the game files to download here? Because I'm still using the game files I downloaded 10 years ago and I cannot find what you refer to.
It's here inside the Verita_MTL_dialogueV0.2.7z archive. I updated the post today so if it doesn't show it might be a forum glitch.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
It's here inside the Verita_MTL_dialogueV0.2.7z archive. I updated the post today so if it doesn't show it might be a forum glitch.
Thank you, I will try it and see if it better. Might be, the nekohen MTL used a very old translator if I remember well and the game has complicated dialogs

How far did you edit in the game? I can see you used a lot of "end-text-line" commands to start new lines in the window but it changes the line number compared the original jap files so I wouldnt be able to use my event map if you went very far in the editing.
Also chances are some bugs will appear because during the gameplay various files (SFX when to start music etc) call for a specific line in the text file and changing the number of lines messes up the game (I had that issue when I removed the lines that corresponded to hiraganas written above kanjis for the rare kanjis and it messed up the game 30 min down the line)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote