4.40 star(s) 234 Votes

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
I don't know if you would lie about getting in trouble from a DUI if it wasn't true. There's so many more excuses he could have used that would be less shameful. Either way..... nothing shows more sincerity than throwing away thousands of dollars for 2 months as an apology.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
He said substances, which could also include drug charges and depending on where he's located could be rather heavy. I know in the states a DUI is almost always a misdemeanor unless there's numerous offenses or something extreme happened, and jail time can be minimal, as low as 3 days for a first offense in Ohio. No clue on other countries though.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JaredR and envyNox

pedrohefe

Dec 28, 2022
Pausing the payment cycle is cool and leads me to want to believe him, but man, the trend of having something delay the project at the last minute really sucks. Learning that in the last 2 months no progress was made towards the project really sucks as well.
It actually had pretty much progress... currently it has 12 animations, last time it had 5 or 7. I think he probably extended the chapter and didnt change the progress percentage for that reason. Well, I really want to put my hands on the update but let us wait...

DKft

Apr 4, 2022
He said substances, which could also include drug charges and depending on where he's located could be rather heavy. I know in the states a DUI is almost always a misdemeanor unless there's numerous offenses or something extreme happened, and jail time can be minimal, as low as 3 days for a first offense in Ohio. No clue on other countries though.
Xenorav is from Spain, I recognise it by the kind of Spanish vocabulary he uses to write the game plot. (I'm a Spaniard myself). By Spanish laws, he wouldn't even have spent more than a single day in jail for driving under influence if that was really the case. Even caught with drug people get out really fast as long as no people were hurt or killed during the offence. Devs need to get more creative coming up with these "reasons" cuz they are becoming so predictable.

dbsix66

Feb 19, 2020
Perhaps he was involved in selling illegal substances and got a lengthy sentence. But then he told the judge he was the creator of Heart Problems, so they let him go earlier to finish the game. Xenorav, do it my boy. Finish the update quickly for the common people!

Joe8

Dec 28, 2017
In all the previous updates the filename for the preview ended up being the same filename in the final version. The renders are titled in order of appearance, which means that if a preview render is named something like 700, then at least 700 unique renders (outside of the renders used for animations) have been made so far.

So a render titled 504 means he must've made at least 500 renders for this update up to this point and not just 400 renders like he said.

The question is why would he lie about this. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it does seem strange to me.
If you're correct that means he have already completed the update and just wasting time so that he have to deliver only 1 or max 2 updates a year.
images.jpeg

ernesto_fullstack

Dec 18, 2020
What joy to see that he's back!! People might be angry because he hasn't fulfilled what he promised and such, but for me, the worst thing that can happen to a project is for it to be left halfway through, no matter how long it takes.

For example, Stiglet's project "Stars of Salvation" hurts me deeply, sometimes I even wonder if with time and the use of AI it could be finished, but I know it wouldn't be even 1/4 as good or original as it would be with its creator.

AI can replace many things, but not the love for a project :·)

Reactions: JaredR and Elbrado

elpibedeoro1

Oct 16, 2022
The lord of all Excuses is back!
This one is new at least, guess he is running out of options.
Always remember guys, only pay when a new update is out (fully playeable and ready for download). If everyone does that, we will have new chapters every month

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Xenorav is from Spain, I recognise it by the kind of Spanish vocabulary he uses to write the game plot. (I'm a Spaniard myself). By Spanish laws, he wouldn't even have spent more than a single day in jail for driving under influence if that was really the case. Even caught with drug people get out really fast as long as no people were hurt or killed during the offence. Devs need to get more creative coming up with these "reasons" cuz they are becoming so predictable.
I'm Spanish too. The vocabulary and even the grammar that he uses in his Patreon posts aren't those of a Spaniard.
He's from somewhere in Latin America. Maybe living in Spain? Maybe, I can't tell. But the language he uses isn't European Spanish.
The rest of what you said is absolutely true: if no people got injured, it's a misdemeanor (delito leve, formerly a falta) and he can't spend 2 months in jail.

4.40 star(s) 234 Votes