Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Tried and it does a terrible job, not sure why would you recommend it, here anyway the , the 65b will come in few days, right now the 33b still lack in dictionary so it wouldn't be a right comparation but you should notice already some improvements from the 13b.
That's the wrong one.

Though I've never tried this one either.

agustin

May 29, 2017
Great tool, its very useful, but i have a question, do you think it can translate from Chinese to English?

i want to play some games that are in Chinese and this tool can't translate them.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Great tool, its very useful, but i have a question, do you think it can translate from Chinese to English?

i want to play some games that are in Chinese and this tool can't translate them.
It would take some modification but it wouldn't be too hard. Main things is you have to change the regexes in the code to recognize Chinese characters instead. You would also have to change any mentions of 'Japanese' to 'Chinese'. Otherwise should be really straightforward.

NGotic

Aug 31, 2022
I have a problem that I can't figure out how to fix. Whenever I click to translate, this message appears to me:

"✗ No API key provided. You can set your API key in code using 'openai.api_key = <API-KEY>', or you can set the environment variable OPENAI_API_KEY=<API-KEY>). If your API key is stored in a file, you can point the openai module at it with 'openai.api_key_path = <PATH>'....."

I followed the step of setup, I put the API and the ORG in an .env file, but the error continues to appear and the translation is not being performed, could you tell me where I possibly went wrong?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I have a problem that I can't figure out how to fix. Whenever I click to translate, this message appears to me:

"✗ No API key provided. You can set your API key in code using 'openai.api_key = <API-KEY>', or you can set the environment variable OPENAI_API_KEY=<API-KEY>). If your API key is stored in a file, you can point the openai module at it with 'openai.api_key_path = <PATH>'....."

I followed the step of setup, I put the API and the ORG in an .env file, but the error continues to appear and the translation is not being performed, could you tell me where I possibly went wrong?
So your `.env` file looks like this?

```
key="<APIKEY>"
org="<ORG>"
```

Frankyc33

Mar 4, 2018
It's a great idea but it seems to me that it might be possible you'll be banned from using ChatGPT services if they detect that you're bypassing the adult content policies? There's a very wide "Adult Content" ban. I can see you've prompted it to bypass that, but it's against their TOS.

Hopefully you can keep using it as is, but I'd be wary.

Reactions: jaden_yuki

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
It's a great idea but it seems to me that it might be possible you'll be banned from using ChatGPT services if they detect that you're bypassing the adult content policies? There's a very wide "Adult Content" ban. I can see you've prompted it to bypass that, but it's against their TOS.

Hopefully you can keep using it as is, but I'd be wary.
I haven't actually bypassed anything, I don't use any jailbreak method anymore since there just isn't a filter for the API anyway. You are right that it's against their TOS but so far they haven't taken any action against me so guess we'll see.

JonesTheFake

Jul 7, 2017
Honestly, once the tool becomes stable and developed enough, I'd love to request/commission a couple VNs like the Homeguard (Jitaku Keibiin) series and Homestay 2. That, or I try to struggle and attempt it myself once the noob friendly version is out xD

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Honestly, once the tool becomes stable and developed enough, I'd love to request/commission a couple VNs like the Homeguard (Jitaku Keibiin) series and Homestay 2. That, or I try to struggle and attempt it myself once the noob friendly version is out xD
You can commission those anytime if you like just know if I have no idea how to unpack the dialogue from the engine its a lost cause for me.

I've been trying to think how I want to approach a noob friendly version because tbh every game is very different and sometimes translating completely arbitrary stuff can break the game. I don't think there's a way for me to plan through every scenario.

I'm thinking maybe I just write an in depth guide on how to use the tool to translate a game. Ultimately I don't mess with the code that much anymore after all its more with the game files.

Reactions: baggotswaggot

Kakarrotho

Jun 1, 2022
Hi friend, I only do request if the requester pays for the API cost of the translation. You can DM me the game and I can get you can estimate if you like.
Great, in that case let me get in touch with you with a game that substantiates the cost. Thanks

Reactions: dazedanon

hype95

Mar 19, 2022
Those are script in some of the text. The if statements usually shows up in choices to check whether to display a choice or not. Sometimes chatgpt likes to add spaces to that and it fucks it up so the example is meant to guide it to not do that.

The \\C2 is a color code often found in dialogue text to make colors. Chatgpt also likes to mess with the formatting of this so the example is there to make sure it leaves it alone.
(sorry for initially posting this on the game thread)

Thanks! That makes sense. Haven't been able to successfully get a game translated due to rate limiting restrictions, even after upgrading my account. Seems like bulk of the restrictions will be lifted 48 hours after the upgrade from 60rpm > 3500rpm so eager to try it after.

Curious if you're still being limited on your own projects? If so, I might take the time to implement a rate limiting function.