Tool RPGM DazedMTLTool - A tool that provides quality MTL translations using ChatGPT

baggotswaggot

May 6, 2020
It usually got error while translating large file (.csv), like this one with almost 15k row. I have to split it up 1000 row per file and translate it one by one. Also some file are still keep getting error and the output of these file only keep translated part, the original japanese rows text disappeared, so when combine it there'll be missing row. I hope there'll be a feature that can keep the original row, split up and combine in the future.
That seems a bit weird. I had some formatting issues when it came to commas, but was able to successfully translate a 14k line file at once.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dazedanon

AkamashiDesu

Nov 26, 2017
Can you send me the CSV so that I may test with it and see what the error is exactly for large files? I also don't quite understand what your screenshots are trying to convey. The translated part is kept so that you don't have to retranslate anything in case of a failure since that would be expensive.

There are times a translation will fail if ChatGPT fails to translate a specific line. In these cases, you will have to manually translate the line it failed on and then put it back in /files to resume the translation. I'll eventually make a workaround for this.
Here's the file. Perhaps because of rate limit on my account. About the screenshot i mean it should also output the rest of the rows (1000 in total) but the translated file only has 688 rows.

AkamashiDesu

Nov 26, 2017
Also, how do i stop it from adding (.) or (!) at the end of the translated text. i tried "You MUST not add any Period(.) or Exclamation Point(!) at the end of the translated text." and others similar but it didn't work.
1683706250999.png

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Getting rid of the . or ! will require you to manually edit it or mess with the code. If you aren't code savy, its best to just manually remove that stuff. ChatGPT isn't good at following those kind of directions so he won't remove them. I would recommend using the python strip() function right before it sets data.

1683735110282.png

For the failed line, that's because ChatGPT fails to come up with a translation due to it being a long sound effect. It happens rarely but requires you to just manually edit that line to fix it.

Yeah from what I can see the csv functionality needs further testing since when ChatGPT returns some nonsense it add extra lines for some reason. I'll have to look into it more.
Might be your text editor, looking into excel the outputted number of lines is the exact same as the input. Even in your screenshot the line you drew points to the same line #.

I also see that you are translating an RPGMaker game that was converted to csv first? Any reason for that?

Last edited:

AkamashiDesu

Nov 26, 2017
I also see that you are translating an RPGMaker game that was converted to csv first? Any reason for that?
Because rows like this, it'll return incorrectly format: 1683787146911.png 1683787324580.png

And some name like "\N[4]" it just return "[Name]".
The GPT built-in in Translator++ is better with format but Batch Translation suck ass so i use this as alternative to the Batch Translation. Aslo because i dont have GPT Plus so it'll easily reach limit when translate big json file.

Last edited:

YuRui

May 22, 2018
I'm testing it out right now, what happens if there's already translated files and you continue it later?

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Hey dazedanon good news here :)
Just recently was released that work pretty much as Chat GPT with no exception, is a 4bit quantized model but it will reflect also the same performance as the original meaning that you can host it locally, now.. to host a 65b model even in 4bit you still need a large sum of vram (around 45gb +) but you can rent a server with these specs in a much cheaper way than to use the official api (eg Runpod will ask you 0.79$ /hr for 48gb), ofc if you not run it only for test. (Are available also the 33b, 13b, and 7b models and these can actually run in a consumer pc but ofc will effect the translation accuracy)
Said that, this model is still censored so will need the usual tricks but it shouldn't be long anyway to get a full uncensored.

Last edited:

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Hey dazedanon good news here :)
Just recently was released that work pretty much as Chat GPT with no exception, is a 4bit quantized model but it will reflect also the same performance as the original meaning that you can host it locally, now.. to host a 65b model even in 4bit you still need a large sum of vram (around 45gb +) but you can rent a server with these specs in a much cheaper way than to use the official api (eg Runpod will ask you 0.79$ /hr for 48gb), ofc if you not run it only for test.
Said that, this model is still censored so will need the usual tricks but it shouldn't be long anyway to get a full uncensored.
Well all these models have claimed the same thing and its never true... even then the main problem is that none of them are actually trained in any Japanese so their translations usually suck. I'd need some proof on its translation capabilities before I'd actually try it.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Well all these models have claimed the same thing and its never true... even then the main problem is that none of them are actually trained in any Japanese so their translations usually suck. I'd need some proof on its translation capabilities before I'd actually try it.
Test in various languages have proven true, that's the only reason why i'm talking about.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Sorry, I have no video to show, try it yourself to see the results (sorry if happen to be presumptuous from me).
Well I would if I could actually run these locally but since they require renting a server I'll pass for now.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Try the 13b with a for now.
Ehhh, it's not that great.

1685225709142.png 1685225699936.png 1685225717806.png

Edit:

Actually I've tested it with a few more and its not that bad for some things. I wonder how it would do with harder phrases. It's not enough though. I'm more interest in models that are specifically trained on Japanese.

Last edited:

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Keep in mind that you are actually using only the 13b model so is not a clear comparation, not by chance I've spoken about the 65b (still even the 13b so far is superior to any other LLaMa model with the same capacity).
Yeah but I can't run the 65b without renting a server and there is no guarantee the 65b is any better at translation than 13b. The only way to grab my interest on these is if its specifically trained for Japanese like with NeoXJapanese.

Plus even if I were to find one I'd have to think about exactly how I would implement it considering my software makes specific use of an API. I'm not exactly a great programmer so anything super complicated but would probably take me a long time to understand.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah but I can't run the 65b without renting a server and there is no guarantee the 65b is any better at translation than 13b. The only way to grab my interest on these is if its specifically trained for Japanese like with NeoXJapanese.

Plus even if I were to find one I'd have to think about exactly how I would implement it considering my software makes specific use of an API. I'm not exactly a great programmer so anything super complicated but would probably take me a long time to understand.
Tried and it does a terrible job, not sure why would you recommend it, here anyway the , the 65b will come in few days, right now the 33b still lack in dictionary so it wouldn't be a right comparation but you should notice already some improvements from the 13b.