DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I can't prove things to you Dav, I've learned that from the past. I can give you a mountain of evidence for something that you don't want to believe, and you'll just say, "nuh uh" (or the Dav equivalent).

But I'm a sucker for trying... The big picture is the mc's life, since this is the mc's story, and he's known Zoey since early high school. He's recently opened up to her that he's realised she was his first girlfriend and possibly his first love, and she's suddenly been hit with the realisation that she has strong feelings for him too (that was her whole "shitballs" reaction).

By anyone's reasonable logic, that makes her significant, Dav. Potentially more significant than any other side character in the game (bar Quinn, and now Riona since the plot has taken a twist around her). And while it's possible that side characters like Nicole are falling for the mc, the mc isn't considering he's in love with any of the side characters other than Zoey.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The issue is that the following people know Maya's loan situation: Derek, Josy, fuckface, Sage, Jill and Stephen. And none of them know (or want to suggest in the case of Stephen perhaps) that what Maya is saying is actually not possible.

Her dad can't have made her a cosigner on a loan he's taken out in his name (she has no collateral, no income, no credit rating).

Lenders only require a cosigner if the borrower doesn't seem to have the capacity to pay back the loan. They wouldn't then accept a cosigner who also doesn't have the capacity to pay back the loan.

He's got to be bluffing about the whole thing, but at least one of the above mentioned people should question it.
And if you edited Zoey out of the game, no interlude, no return, maybe the flashback story told to Bella but not really necessary, if you edited all of that out it wouldn't make one iota of difference to the story of the game. Period

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I completely agree, it's an understandable situation especially considering that most religious households are portrayed as being very conservative and known for sheltering their children from the realtor of adult life. Maya and Derek getting into that financial situation isn't surprising if their father is willing to screw them over to get his way.
Maya is a devotee of horror movies, I don't think she was that sheltered

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
Actually I want her even more because she banged a lot of guys. And I don't think she's dumb she's just pretending to be.
I’d like your comment but I’m out of reactions. More power to you, I respect your opinion even if I find your taste questionable :KEK:
I think Arieth really IS dumb and it makes her super funny :ROFLMAO:
She is with Tybalt, Dawe and Anthony one of the major sources of comedy in BaD.

Aug 29, 2023
God, I am so fucking sick of people making excuses for the ignorance of a generation that practically grew up with a device in their hand that's connected to the accumulated knowledge of the entire fucking world.
Even so, they don’t know fuck-all about how to access that accumulated knowledge.

First of all, people don’t read. If it’s any longer than five paragraphs, they respond TL: DR—as if it’s a valid criticism; “You gave me too much data, so try again.” They don’t read articles unless they can do so in less than 2 minutes. They don’t read books. I’ve lost count of how many “bible-believing Christians” don’t know jack shit about bible.

Second they don’t know how to research. “I did my own research” nowadays means they Googled something, then used their own goddamn confirmation bias to gauge whether these were good sources. Even when you teach them how not to do that, that particular bit of knowledge goes flying out the window if they have a big enough bug up their ass. “I don’t believe everything I read” means “I don’t believe anything I don’t want to believe,” not “I apply cautious skepticism to everything.”

I can say this about every generation, not just zoomers. But zoomers don’t know any better. They’ve watched their forebears fuck this up constantly, so of course they don’t. Sometimes they learn better. And sometimes they refuse to learn better, and help contribute to Idiocracy becoming reality.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
As far as the ever increasing numbers that was only in the last week in game. The other issue being that Maya and Josy are dead set on not coming out publicly. Yes this is them causing their own problems to continue but people make poor choices, it happens.
no, the number has been steadily increasing. first just Maya, then MC was added (in the second/third chapter when he learns about the problem), then Josy was added with the resolution of the scavenger hunt, then Sage was added, around the sixth chapter, trying to solve the problem with a scholarship from Burke, then in the ninth chapter Jill was added who proposed the help of the family lawyer, and in the last chapter Bella was added, for no particular reason but just to put all the LIs in the same room.

the fact that Maya doesn't want her affair with Josy to be public as long as Patrick's threat endures makes sense, a secret to remain a secret is best known by as few people as possible, and both DIKS and HOTs are not among the most trustworthy people. while the question of how other students would judge them makes very little sense, at worst they wouldn't care, at best they would think it interesting

A throuple breakup, imo, isn't a certainty though it's definitely a possible outcome, DPCs previous game addressed the idea of a throuple, and this game walks you right into one from the start, as if he wants to explore the dynamic. I think it's likely that it will be possible to sustain it as well as break it up before the end of the game.

On the other hand I think it's highly likely that Maya and Josy will break up if you aren't on the throuple path.
in fact I didn't write well, I wasn't referring so much to the "trouple" as to the relationship between the 2 girls, who until Patrick's problem is resolved are "condemned" to stay together for the plot.

the fact that there will most likely be a breakup of the couple raises some doubts about the resistance of the crew as well, but these are mostly conjectures, there aren't many signs of this

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
Even so, they don’t know fuck-all about how to access that accumulated knowledge.

First of all, people don’t read. If it’s any longer than five paragraphs, they respond TL: DR—as if it’s a valid criticism; “You gave me too much data, so try again.” They don’t read articles unless they can do so in less than 2 minutes. They don’t read books. I’ve lost count of how many “bible-believing Christians” don’t know jack shit about bible.

Second they don’t know how to research. “I did my own research” nowadays means they Googled something, then used their own goddamn confirmation bias to gauge whether these were good sources. Even when you teach them how not to do that, that particular bit of knowledge goes flying out the window if they have a big enough bug up their ass. “I don’t believe everything I read” means “I don’t believe anything I don’t want to believe,” not “I apply cautious skepticism to everything.”

I can say this about every generation, not just zoomers. But zoomers don’t know any better. They’ve watched their forebears fuck this up constantly, so of course they don’t. Sometimes they learn better. And sometimes they refuse to learn better, and help contribute to Idiocracy becoming reality.
I blame the parents. I talk to my kid and she fucking understands all this shit and she's still in school (EDIT: I don't talk to my kid about this game... I talk to her about anything and everything that will help her not fuck up her life... hopefully).
  • In this story, Maya has been sheltered by a dad who took charge of her childhood, gave her no options and she just went along with the flow (until he tried to stop her seeing Josy). So ok, she's clueless.
  • Derek on the other hand was a problem child, but he seems too stupid to consider helping out with intelligent shit.
  • Jill has proven herself to be somewhat retarded, but at least she has access to a family retained lawyer. And she actually is asking to see the loan, so ok...
  • Sage should at least know how to google this shit. So I'm not giving her any excuses.
  • The mc is too pussy blind to think straight most of the time, so fair enough.
  • But Bella and Stephen should have seen through this shit immediately and said, "How the fuck can you be a cosigner!? What dodgy ass cunt of a lender would accept that?! What's your dad's number? I'm ringing this manipulative cumbag right now!!! :mad:" Bang! Solved.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

Then they have nothing to complain about when they fail. Except that there's always someone who will come along and Mommy them back up.

Nature has a marvelous remedy for all that, either learn from repeated failure or die. Problem solved either way.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I blame the parents. I talk to my kid and she fucking understands all this shit and she's still in school (EDIT: I don't talk to my kid about this game... I talk to her about anything and everything that will help her not fuck up her life... hopefully).
  • In this story, Maya has been sheltered by a dad who took charge of her childhood, gave her no options and she just went along with the flow (until he tried to stop her seeing Josy). So ok, she's clueless.
  • Derek on the other hand was a problem child, but he seems too stupid to consider helping out with intelligent shit.
  • Jill has proven herself to be somewhat retarded, but at least she has access to a family retained lawyer. And she actually is asking to see the loan, so ok...
  • Sage should at least know how to google this shit. So I'm not giving her any excuses.
  • The mc is too pussy blind to think straight most of the time, so fair enough.
  • But Bella and Stephen should have seen through this shit immediately and said, "How the fuck can you be a cosigner!? What dodgy ass cunt of a lender would accept that?! What's your dad's number? I'm ringing this manipulative cumbag right now!!! :mad:" Bang! Solved.
no one ever considers Josy, it's instinctive not to.... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

:ROFLMAO:

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
Nature has a marvelous remedy for all that, either learn from repeated failure or die. Problem solved either way.
I know right? wildlife has been living by that rule since life began, if only humans would live by that rule then surely we'd be the dominant species on the planet by now.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Then they have nothing to complain about when they fail. Except that there's always someone who will come along and Mommy them back up.

Nowadays when they fail, they start some new movement on social media and then the mainstream makes it an event...

Yeh let's celebrate our failures and give them a trophy and reinforce the whiny and defeatist attitudes.
:ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes