Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Side girls are so pointless to me. If a girl doesn't have a romantic ending I don't even want to look at her.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
Am I the only one who never had a problem with the student loan situation?

Yes, it's not how they work, but how do people learn that? Typically from their parents. The vast majority of people across the world are immensely vulnerable to being screwed over by their parents. Most parents just don't do something like that.

Then you add other factors that would just make it easier. First as the whole thing was a ploy to break Maya and Josy up, Patrick had obviously learned about it and exploded to Maya's face. Is it surprising that a 19-year-old girl was too scared to read the small print properly? Second Maya's romance just had a massive obstacle thrown at it. That sort of thing distracts people. Especially when you're young. Third if Patrick's abuse was consistently physical in nature and fuelled by acute anger, would Maya and Derek be in any way expecting something cold blooded and subtle.

The characters are young. Being ignorant is just plain realistic. So is being distracted by strong emotions. They may be legally adults, but that doesn't mean they've suddenly gained adult maturity. It takes time to become a proper adult. Most people don't manage it in their early twenties. Depressingly many people don't manage it by their seventies.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Yes, it's not how they work, but how do people learn that? Typically from their parents. The vast majority of people across the world are immensely vulnerable to being screwed over by their parents. Most parents just don't do something like that.

Then you add other factors that would just make it easier. First as the whole thing was a ploy to break Maya and Josy up, Patrick had obviously learned about it and exploded to Maya's face. Is it surprising that a 19-year-old girl was too scared to read the small print properly? Second Maya's romance just had a massive obstacle thrown at it. That sort of thing distracts people. Especially when you're young. Third if Patrick's abuse was consistently physical in nature and fuelled by acute anger, would Maya and Derek be in any way expecting something cold blooded and subtle.

The characters are young. Being ignorant is just plain realistic. So is being distracted by strong emotions. They may be legally adults, but that doesn't mean they've suddenly gained adult maturity. It takes time to become a proper adult. Most people don't manage it in their early twenties. Depressingly many people don't manage it by their seventies.
Exactly. People are fucking stupid especially at that age and she trusted Patrick to have her best interest at heart.

Do the people who complain about the writing expect it to be some sort of oscar worthy plot lol.

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
I can't prove things to you Dav, I've learned that from the past. I can give you a mountain of evidence for something that you don't want to believe, and you'll just say, "nuh uh" (or the Dav equivalent).

But I'm a sucker for trying... The big picture is the mc's life, since this is the mc's story, and he's known Zoey since early high school. He's recently opened up to her that he's realised she was his first girlfriend and possibly his first love, and she's suddenly been hit with the realisation that she has strong feelings for him too (that was her whole "shitballs" reaction).

By anyone's reasonable logic, that makes her significant, Dav. Potentially more significant than any other side character in the game (bar Quinn, and now Riona since the plot has taken a twist around her). And while it's possible that side characters like Nicole are falling for the mc, the mc isn't considering he's in love with any of the side characters other than Zoey.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I completely agree, it's an understandable situation especially considering that most religious households are portrayed as being very conservative and known for sheltering their children from the realtor of adult life. Maya and Derek getting into that financial situation isn't surprising if their father is willing to screw them over to get his way.
The issue is that the following people know Maya's loan situation: Derek, Josy, fuckface, Sage, Jill and Stephen. And none of them know (or want to suggest in the case of Stephen perhaps) that what Maya is saying is actually not possible.

Her dad can't have made her a cosigner on a loan he's taken out in his name (she has no collateral, no income, no credit rating).

Lenders only require a cosigner if the borrower doesn't seem to have the capacity to pay back the loan. They wouldn't then accept a cosigner who also doesn't have the capacity to pay back the loan.

He's got to be bluffing about the whole thing, but at least one of the above mentioned people should question it.

Last edited:

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024

I completely agree, it's an understandable situation especially considering that most religious households are portrayed as being very conservative and known for sheltering their children from the realtor of adult life. Maya and Derek getting into that financial situation isn't surprising if their father is willing to screw them over to get his way.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
The issue is that the following people know Maya's loan situation: Derek, Josy, fuckface, Sage, Jill and Stephen. And none of them know (or want to suggest in the case of Stephen perhaps) that what Maya is saying is actually not possible.

Her dad can't have made her a cosigner on a loan he's taken out in his name (she has no collateral, no income, no credit rating).

Lenders only require a cosigner if the borrower doesn't seem to have the capacity to pay back the loan. They wouldn't then accept a cosigner who also doesn't have the capacity to pay back the loan.

He's got to be bluffing about the whole thing, but at least one of the above mentioned people should question it.

Sage, Jill, and Bella ARE in fact questioning it, that's why the scramble to get the signed documents so they can find out what is actually going on, without making guesses or getting hopes up.

It's highly likely that Patrick is bluffing, but until the reveal we'll have no way of actually knowing what is going on.

Reactions: Riaman

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Says the same person in love with Quinn and Arieth and pretty much all the other girls
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes but I'm just hoping Quinn has an ending. And I get upset everytime I think about sexy and sweet Arieth. Knowing I can never have her makes me sad.

Reactions: Milton749

skc0110

Nov 18, 2021
Glad to see you back, and glad wife is feeling better was about to message to check if you guys were ok.
keep the reviews going and enjoy married life.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

shazba jnr

Formerly 'Shazba Jnr'
Feb 3, 2024
Sage, Jill, and Bella ARE in fact questioning it, that's why the scramble to get the signed documents so they can find out what is actually going on, without making guesses or getting hopes up.

It's highly likely that Patrick is bluffing, but until the reveal we'll have no way of actually knowing what is going on.
I forgot to mentioned even Bella fucking knows!

And you're right, Jill is asking to see the papers because it doesn't sound like a student loan to her ('cause it's not).

The only way I can see that it could be a real, but dodgy loan, is if Patrick did it through the car sales company he works for. A lot of small time car salesman do their own finance deals too, so he may have made up the paperwork himself. The only thing is, if it ever went to court (which it probably wouldn't) he would be fucked in the ass.

Reactions: ModiThorrson

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

the problem with student loans is not that only Maya, Derek, Josy, and MC don't know how it works (and MC has one, so an idea should)
even Sage despite being a brilliant student, at least according to Bella, or Jill are the least bit suspicious of Maya's story. their problem is that she hasn't read it (spoiler: almost no one reads and especially understands what he signs, we trust whoever proposes it to us, we have someone knowledgeable read it...)

but in the end even Bella doesn't make a dent in Maya's account, she has to see the documents, because only by seeing them will she be able to say what should be obvious.

and here then we come to the real problem with Maya's borrowing: a constant waiting for something to happen and then when it does happen it only leads to waiting for something else.

first we teend that Maya trusts MC enough to talk about it, then we wait for the scavenger hunt to end, although there is little doubt that Quinn will not give Maya anything, then we wait for Maya to talk to Sage, then we wait for Sage to set up this appointment, then we wait for Jill to get Maya to talk to her lawyer, but that is not before waiting for the boys to get hold of the documents.

so it's not enough to say “the kids may not know,” they've been dealing with it for months, in an ever-increasing number, they're at a college where any counselor, professor should be able to clear it up.

the loan stopped being drama as early as the first season, and since then it's just a ploy to keep them running around and postpone the breakup of the trouple and thus the start of new runs

Last edited:
Reactions: shazba jnr

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

I don't know about recently but, they used to have councilors in school that would handle that. Every senior in the school would be interviewed, and if they intended to go to college would be briefed on financing options.

Besides, senior year that's just about all my friends would talk about.

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
Yes but I'm just hoping Quinn has an ending. And I get upset everytime I think about sexy and sweet Arieth. Knowing I can never have her makes me sad.
You’re entitled to your taste but aren’t you the least bit disgusted that everybody has had a go at her and she’s a walking STD receptacle with the IQ of a donkey? :Kappa:

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Exactly. People are fucking stupid especially at that age and she trusted Patrick to have her best interest at heart.

Do the people who complain about the writing expect it to be some sort of oscar worthy plot lol.
God, I am so fucking sick of people making excuses for the ignorance of a generation that practically grew up with a device in their hand that's connected to the accumulated knowledge of the entire fucking world.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
You’re entitled to your taste but aren’t you the least bit disgusted that everybody has had a go at her and she’s a walking STD receptacle with the IQ of a donkey? :Kappa:
Actually I want her even more because she banged a lot of guys. And I don't think she's dumb she's just pretending to be.

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
the problem with student loans is not that only Maya, Derek, Josy, and MC don't know how it works (and MC has one, so an idea should)
even Sage despite being a brilliant student, at least according to Bella, or Jill are the least bit suspicious of Maya's story. their problem is that she hasn't read it (spoiler: almost no one reads and especially understands what he signs, we trust whoever proposes it to us, we have someone knowledgeable read it...)

but in the end even Bella doesn't make a dent in Maya's account, she has to see the documents, because only by seeing them will she be able to say what should be obvious.

and here then we come to the real problem with Maya's borrowing: a constant waiting for something to happen and then when it does happen it only leads to waiting for something else.

first we teend that Maya trusts MC enough to talk about it, then we wait for the scavenger hunt to end, although there is little doubt that Quinn will not give Maya anything, then we wait for Maya to talk to Sage, then we wait for Sage to set up this appointment, then we wait for Jill to get Maya to talk to her lawyer, but that is not before waiting for the boys to get hold of the documents.

so it's not enough to say “the kids may not know,” they've been dealing with it for months, in an ever-increasing number, they're at a college where any counselor, professor should be able to clear it up.

the loan stopped being drama as early as the first season, and since then it's just a ploy to keep them running around and postpone the breakup of the trouple and thus the start of new runs
As far as the ever increasing numbers that was only in the last week in game. The other issue being that Maya and Josy are dead set on not coming out publicly. Yes this is them causing their own problems to continue but people make poor choices, it happens.

A throuple breakup, imo, isn't a certainty though it's definitely a possible outcome, DPCs previous game addressed the idea of a throuple, and this game walks you right into one from the start, as if he wants to explore the dynamic. I think it's likely that it will be possible to sustain it as well as break it up before the end of the game.

On the other hand I think it's highly likely that Maya and Josy will break up if you aren't on the throuple path.

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

The problem is it likely Patrick just bluffing which isn't going looking to make Maya look good and even at Maya age's you should have enough sense to read a loan doc that too important. Things is Patrick could get what he wants Josy and Maya breakup but lose all control

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
God, I am so fucking sick of people making excuses for the ignorance of a generation that practically grew up with a device in their hand that's connected to the accumulated knowledge of the entire fucking world.
And I'm sick of seeing you nitpick every little detail in the story. If it annoys you so much then move on and play something else.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes