Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
My last save ended with sex with aubrey, ended the same place in 0.17.
Did only certain routes get updated or do i need to use an earlier save for new content (i did search)

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
My last save ended with sex with aubrey, ended the same place in 0.17.
Did only certain routes get updated or do i need to use an earlier save for new content (i did search)
I think the previous release ends with another girl, not Aubrey. Lily?

Reactions: Rufio

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Ah it was me being dumb, i played it on 13/02 then this thread got updated and i re-downloaded it again, thanks for the help though!

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.17

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Pixeldrain
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 1.036 GB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
So far it's a an acceptable VN with generally interesting girls and decent story execution, but I dislike the MC's personality. Dude, stop feeling sorry for yourself, ashamed of every natural urge, thinking you're worthless!

I really hope he cures his mental illness AND grows a spine before the end. It would be nice if we could influence his thought patterns to a greater extent.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So far it's a an acceptable VN with generally interesting girls and decent story execution, but I dislike the MC's personality. Dude, stop feeling sorry for yourself, ashamed of every natural urge, thinking you're worthless!

I really hope he cures his mental illness AND grows a spine before the end. It would be nice if we could influence his thought patterns to a greater extent.
I don't believe you're supposed to like the MC's personality per se. The entire point is that he is very flawed when put into the situation of being the Gle'fra Min. He already suffered from some degree of low self-esteem / depression before anything in the story even really happened. Then he takes a major blow after losing his entire family — people who meant everything to him — and grapples with going forward in life without them. He next has to struggle with the idea that he's worth something, a feeling he never had much of and then completely lost when he lost his loved ones. After that, he has to learn to become something he barely understands. He also has to accept the glamor that is forced on everyone around him. So it seems reasonable to assume that none of the girls who love him actually love him rather than just the glamor. It's just one thing after another.

I'm not saying it doesn't make it harder to relate to the MC, but if you yourself suffered from extremely low self-worth and severe depression and then were to go through all of that crap — one thing right after another — I highly doubt almost anybody (you, me, or anyone else) could do much better TBH. It's pretty easy to assume you'd never feel the same way or do the same things as another person / character. But when put into exactly the same situation with exactly the same personality traits, it becomes a lot harder to justify that somehow any given person would be very different.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
I get his background and it makes sense, but his whiny internal monologue harms the fun of the game a bit. Like, how am I supposed to get into the light CNC with Tien if the MC spends 80% of the scene internally whining about how horrible it is that he likes it? For example. Instead of being hot, it just makes me want a 'Shut up and hit harder' button. ;p

Kind of the same everytime he is attracted to somehing objectively hot and instantly feels guilty, etc. It's annoying and doesn't necessarily seem crucial to the narrative to describe it *to this extent*.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I get his background and it makes sense, but his whiny internal monologue harms the fun of the game a bit. Like, how am I supposed to get into the light CNC with Tien if the MC spends 80% of the scene internally whining about how horrible it is that he likes it? For example. Instead of being hot, it just makes me want a 'Shut up and hit harder' button. ;p

Kind of the same everytime he is attracted to somehing objectively hot and instantly feels guilty, etc. It's annoying and doesn't necessarily seem crucial to the narrative to describe it *to this extent*.
To me, and it is a personal view, you are presuming the wrong thing, that that scene in particular is for fun. Because it is HORRIBLE that you like to hit someone else. It is also HORRIBLE that someone likes to be hit. And to me, it is a lot worse that you think that the scene isn't "fun" because he has contradictory feelings about it. But, that's just me.
You also display an extreme lack of perception of what empathy is, both in this comment and the previous one, so, it is not a surprise that you are unable to comprehend what is happening in this story and why the MC is how he is.
It is however impossible to explain here, maybe after several years of therapy, you'd be able to pretend to understand this concepts. But, it is out of the scope of my commentary and of the Author requirements to explain what being human is.

Just to soften your shock a bit, there may be a few light-hearted moments here and there on the story, but I'm almost certain that this story wasn't written for "fun". I'll refrain to speculate the type of personality that could come upon this story and call it "fun". I could say more, but it would be pointless.

Peace :(

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alxwolf74

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
> l view, you are presuming the wrong thing, that that scene in particular is for fun. Because it is HORRIBLE that you like to hit someone else. It is also HORRIBLE that someone likes to be hit.

You are entitled to your opinion but sure I am into BDSM and such so I do not share your opinion *at all*. So far on this entire site I have only found one game that made me go "okay that might be a bit much even for me". I have no interest in vanilla stuff and yes, uncontrolled excessive empathy is weakness to me. I do understand what it is and I dole it out when deserved, in controlled doses :p

I don't care if that makes me a monster to you. The glamour is the one thing that made me play this far because that's a nice fantasy, it's a power I'd enjoy. I'd like to use it more without MC being a bitch about it, is all. I'm fully aware of what I'm saying: I'd like more dark-side options through the story.

Reactions: blastwave2k

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Just a small note from the author for anyone who follows this game. I just uploaded the 0.17 links for Android, Linux and OSX. This is the last update before the final 1.0 comes out. The ending will take a couple months to complete due to the multiple endings. For anyone interested I will include a blurb about the next game I'm going to be working on when the final update is posted. Thank you and I sincerely hope everyone's 2024 doesn't completely suck.

Jynx3d

Dec 20, 2019
Is the game near the end? We didn't have any scenes with half the girls and some of them are gone, hope the dev brings them back and we can have proprer romance with them before the end.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I'm 20 minutes in and kinda feel like I got suckered into playing by a lot of fake alt account 5 star reviews hyping up some "great story" that doesn't actually exist.

Like c'mon. This constant doom and gloom self pity and cut to the scary monster within red text is cringy as fuck lol

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
is cringy as fuck lol
Agree to disagree. I'm not calling it Pulitzer worthy or anything, but your description is IMO way over the top in the reverse direction. I also assume you've not read many (if any) stories that deal with severe depression or similar mental illness. It at least sounds like it from how you talk about it. If that's true and the reason you haven't is because you don't like them, that's fair ofc. I'm personally kind of neutral on the text chosen for Hollow (the "scary monster within", as you describe it), but that thing within him is also explained later in the game. Personally, I think the game is at a minimum decent, but we each have our own likes and dislikes. Shrug.png

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Agree to disagree. I'm not calling it Pulitzer worthy or anything, but your description is IMO way over the top in the reverse direction. I also assume you've not read many (if any) stories that deal with severe depression or similar mental illness. It at least sounds like it from how you talk about it. If that's true and the reason you haven't is because you don't like them, that's fair ofc. I'm personally kind of neutral on the text chosen for Hollow (the "scary monster within", as you describe it), but that thing within him is also explained later in the game. Personally, I think the game is at a minimum decent, but we each have our own likes and dislikes. View attachment 3424070
The self loathing self talk hits pretty hard imo.

Reactions: FatGiant

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I also assume you've not read many (if any) stories that deal with severe depression or similar mental illness. It at least sounds like it from how you talk about it. If that's true and the reason you haven't is because you don't like them, that's fair ofc. I'm
Leap of Faith is probably is probably in all time top 5 fav game list, and certainly one of the most memorable as far as the story writing went. That ain't it.

As noted above the self loathing stuff is certainly trying to hit overly hard right out the gate. It's extremely off putting imo. But.....

After playing more I think I suspect I know where a lot of the praise people seemingly want to give this game's story is indirectly coming from. Which if that early suspicion is right has absolutely nothing to do with the story, and serves more as an indirect nod to a fairly extreme kink this game looks to be flirting around that isn't going to get openly acknowledged. Hope I'm wrong though

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The self loathing self talk hits pretty hard imo.
Leap of Faith is probably is probably in all time top 5 fav game list, and certainly one of the most memorable as far as the story writing went. That ain't it.

As noted above the self loathing stuff is certainly trying to hit overly hard right out the gate. It's extremely off putting imo. But.....

After playing more I think I suspect I know where a lot of the praise people seemingly want to give this game's story is indirectly coming from. Which if that early suspicion is right has absolutely nothing to do with the story, and serves more as an indirect nod to a fairly extreme kink this game looks to be flirting around that isn't going to get openly acknowledged. Hope I'm wrong though
I guess I've just seen enough stuff where this is kind of par for the course. (I have had many people close to me commit suicide or get killed in very violent deaths. So maybe I'm just a desensitized motherfucker.) I'm definitely not saying it might not be hard for some (even a lot of) people to read. I'm also not saying you have to like it. IJS I think your description of it earlier was extreme IMO; I don't think it's as heavy-handed as you say. But that's just a personal opinion ofc.

And I wasn't praising the game, to be clear. The whole mention of not winning a prize was meant that way. I think it's a good story in general, but it feels to me like Amethyst is relatively new to writing. There are aspects that are unpolished and could definitely use improvement. I do think the writing improves as the story moves forward. And if he is new to writing, that's fine: everyone has to start somewhere.

While I do think LoF is done very well, I would push back a bit in that the overall tone of that game — even with the Cece storyline — is a happy one. Characters overcome their struggles and personal doubts to rise above. And the majority of the game focuses on the happiness that is developing. That's polar opposite to the tone of this game, where the MC's self-doubts are much more in focus, with only brief moments of relief / semi-happiness showing up. This game is grittier with much more examination of the struggle than the other. That obviously might be something people dislike, but that in itself doesn't make the game "cringy" to me. If anything, it makes me think about it more afterward (not in comparison to the other aforementioned game specifically; I just mean in general terms).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Is the game near the end? We didn't have any scenes with half the girls and some of them are gone, hope the dev brings them back and we can have proprer romance with them before the end.
Well its a fair question but I dont think we have any estimations of how many 'days' are planned. Given the game version number is still quite low, I'd assume we are nowhere near done, but only the dev could say for sure.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well its a fair question but I dont think we have any estimations of how many 'days' are planned. Given the game version number is still quite low, I'd assume we are nowhere near done, but only the dev could say for sure.
Just one more release, actually: https://f95zone.to/threads/on-distant-shores-v0-17-professor-amethyst-games.90074/post-13071695

4.30 star(s) 76 Votes