• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Zilf Next Door [Devlog]

chairfull

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Thank you for the info! Yeah, an arrow with maybe a text explainer, or something that says "use the give and wear", or whatever is easiest for you to implement for future players. The text is just so small and in an unfamiliar place, that I completely missed it and took me a few seconds even after you told me where to look. Thanks again for the reply. Going to check out the game some.
I think I should just show the options when you click on someone. Probably the most intuitive.

Any tips for the hacking device?
Scavenge at the Andersons. But there isn't anything good to hack yet. (I find the hacking game fun though.)
I'll add some files to peoples computers for next update.

Reactions: JayD69

JayD69

Nov 19, 2022
I think I should just show the options when you click on someone. Probably the most intuitive.

Scavenge at the Andersons. But there isn't anything good to hack yet. (I find the hacking game fun though.)
I'll add some files to peoples computers for next update.
Sounds good. I got the hacking device but it just keeps giving fail. Was thinking maybe no content or have to be later in the game to see stuff.

chairfull

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Slowish progress as I gotta survive this economy IRL, but progress none the less.

I wanted the world more to be more reactive, and so am changing things up:
(Video shows new quest system that points where you have to go, and new character controls. Ignore the early art.)
View attachment topdown_preview2.webm

You'll have more control over the household, and moving zombies around.

It will start with no one infected. You make choices to invite people to the home, and choices decide who does or doesn't get infected.

And we want virus variants that have different effects on personality and the body.

I kind of want the zombies less blue. Or blue will be a sign of them about to break out of their restraits.

We have no shortage of ideas or motivation. Just need time to implement them.
bg zomb_giving_up.png

foreg

Oct 8, 2017
I like this top down view. It look nice on its own but also synergise pretty well with the clothing system as now as player I can see the other characters even without interacting with them. Mc look ghostly with the demo sprite tho xD

ufjoif

Jan 6, 2019
Slowish progress as I gotta survive this economy IRL, but progress none the less.

I wanted the world more to be more reactive, and so am changing things up:
(Video shows new quest system that points where you have to go, and new character controls. Ignore the early art.)
View attachment 2222273

You'll have more control over the household, and moving zombies around.

It will start with no one infected. You make choices to invite people to the home, and choices decide who does or doesn't get infected.

And we want virus variants that have different effects on personality and the body.

I kind of want the zombies less blue. Or blue will be a sign of them about to break out of their restraits.

We have no shortage of ideas or motivation. Just need time to implement them.
View attachment 2222280
Looks pretty good. Game needs a lot of bug fixes, though - hope this will come, as well as currently unfinished content. Can't wait to see what comes next.