Ren'Py Abandoned Youkai Street [v0.2] [Ourochan]

Dan Sensei

Feb 3, 2018
there is an error in the game I can't get pass the intro. please look into it.

This page pops up
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Principal\u2019s Room Empty.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Principal’s Room Empty.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 377, in script
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1176, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1013, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3098, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2038, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Youkai Street 1.0
Fri Jun 08 02:11:01 2018

Reactions: thienvu

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hey guys, so I downloaded this game on May 30th, which was unfortunately the day before the bug fix, but apparently looking at the bug fix it didn't actually fix most of the issues with the game. You can't actually access most of the scenes intended to be accessed in the release due to improperly declared/incremented variables, poorly constructed if statements, missing variable increments, and scene call and jump typos. I also took the opportunity to correct a few dialogue typos and improperly attributed dialogue, and I added a "Go Home" menu item at the school once you've seen all available content, which will then trigger the end of version dialogue.

I don't have a change log or anything, I didn't really do this systematically at first as I was just changing little errors like I usually do. By the time I realized how buggy the game was I didn't feel like making a formal log. In order to use my modified version of the game script, I'm pretty sure you'll have to unpack the game using that @Sam has so kindly created for us. Once you've extracted the RPA files, you can delete the archive.rpa file and copy my script into the game folder, overwriting the original one. This should allow you to access all the scenes available in the game.

TL;DR: The game is buggy, download this , then overwrite the script.rpy with mine to play full game. Once you've accessed all scenes, a "Go Home" item will appear on the menu at school allowing you to access the end of version scene.

Cool game @Ouro-Chan . I wouldn't have bothered to do this if I didn't like it. Feel free to go over my modified version of the script to apply changes to yours. Good luck in the future!

there is an error in the game I can't get pass the intro. please look into it.

This page pops up
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Principal\u2019s Room Empty.png'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 377, in script
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1176, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1013, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3098, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2038, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 414, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 229, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\YoukaiStreet-1.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Youkai Street 1.0
Fri Jun 08 02:11:01 2018
Oh you can just hit ignore and it should go past that screen... Didn't want to figure out what was causing that so I didn't fix it in my script file. Not sure if it's even a script issue to be honest. Also don't bother trying to save during the intro, either.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
@muttdoggy @Gab any chance of getting my modified script file from my last post moved to the OP? I listed most of the changes I made if you care to take a look.

landon3321

Jul 1, 2017
Hey guys, so I downloaded this game on May 30th, which was unfortunately the day before the bug fix, but apparently looking at the bug fix it didn't actually fix most of the issues with the game. You can't actually access most of the scenes intended to be accessed in the release due to improperly declared/incremented variables, poorly constructed if statements, missing variable increments, and scene call and jump typos. I also took the opportunity to correct a few dialogue typos and improperly attributed dialogue, and I added a "Go Home" menu item at the school once you've seen all available content, which will then trigger the end of version dialogue.

I don't have a change log or anything, I didn't really do this systematically at first as I was just changing little errors like I usually do. By the time I realized how buggy the game was I didn't feel like making a formal log. In order to use my modified version of the game script, I'm pretty sure you'll have to unpack the game using that @Sam has so kindly created for us. Once you've extracted the RPA files, you can delete the archive.rpa file and copy my script into the game folder, overwriting the original one. This should allow you to access all the scenes available in the game.

TL;DR: The game is buggy, download this , then overwrite the script.rpy with mine to play full game. Once you've accessed all scenes, a "Go Home" item will appear on the menu at school allowing you to access the end of version scene.

Cool game @Ouro-Chan . I wouldn't have bothered to do this if I didn't like it. Feel free to go over my modified version of the script to apply changes to yours. Good luck in the future!

Oh you can just hit ignore and it should go past that screen... Didn't want to figure out what was causing that so I didn't fix it in my script file. Not sure if it's even a script issue to be honest. Also don't bother trying to save during the intro, either.

this just doesnt work for me at all. plus i dont even have a script.py file or whatever its called. nothing to overwrite. i did use unren correctly thou so thats not it. maybe this doesnt work for everyone???

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
this just doesnt work for me at all. plus i dont even have a script.py file or whatever its called. nothing to overwrite. i did use unren correctly thou so thats not it. maybe this doesnt work for everyone???
I tested it a few times, and used it with the latest version. What type of error are you getting?

Also in the Un'Ren make sure you use option 9. And delete the archive.rpa afterward.

EDIT: Just ran through everything again, got every scene without a hitch. I don't think you used the unren tool properly or else there would have been a script file.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
No Patreon communication since May, nothing elsewhere I can see...oh well...Patreon still up but with zero Patrons...may be abandoned...