VN You can't change the choices you make

Do you like our idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No!

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But here we have a real choice, anal or blowjob.
This is a real choice only if it have consequences in the future, therefore after the scene itself ended. Else it's a narrative choice ; it chance the current scene then the choice you made will be purely discarded.

And since the example you gave is purely a lewd action, I wonder once again what you meant when you said that choices will the relationships with other characters. There's so many examples that you could have used, from "go on date with her or pass the afternoon looking at the TV", to "crawl in front of her or order her to undress". But no, you decided to use one of the most meaningless as example.

Death Panda

May 8, 2023
It sound like you've just reinvented , except with different protagonists instead of different heroines.

VMiller

Mar 7, 2023
There's so many examples that you could have used, from "go on date with her or pass the afternoon looking at the TV", to "crawl in front of her or order her to undress". But no, you decided to use one of the most meaningless as example.
This is sacrilege! In AVN, the choice of the way a character will fuck a girl is the most important thing. Do these games have a purpose other than to show sex scenes? Even the relationships between characters are just a way to fuck someone.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
You are nullifying the reason to make choices by denying later choices any agency. IMHO gotta let the players play. Let them decide and adapt.
I actually agree with this. I didn't say that I didn't want "any" choices, just wouldn't want my agency to redo a choice taken away. Its true that I'm not a fan of games with an abundance of paths for the reasons specified, but I'm also not a fan of kinetic novels. Regardless, the existence of choices wasn't the purpose of this post to begin with.

Reactions: VMiller

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
anyone a little bit computer savvy could copy the persistent file or whatever you use to store the choices, and use that to save scum. that said, i understand why you want to do this, and i don't necessarily think it is a bad idea if you want to take away the easy option for players to save scum. someone mentioned dark souls and it's the same there. there is a save file, you just got to find it, then you can save scum all you want. but the fact that it takes some work to do this, means it is easier to avoid doing it even if you know how to.

i often save scum a lot in games to try out different routes, but in dark souls games i've only used it rarely, if ever, because the option to save and load isn't easily available inside the game... and it makes the experience better.

so do what you want. just be prepared to hear complaints from players

Reactions: VMiller

VMiller

Mar 7, 2023
i often save scum a lot in games to try out different routes, but in dark souls games i've only used it rarely, if ever, because the option to save and load isn't easily available inside the game... and it makes the experience better.
All these problems are solved in a way that everyone has known for a long time. These are game profiles that allow you to play the game in different ways.