Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
I haven't been able to update the English Patch since I'm no longer a Jr. Uploader, but you can join the team's Discord server to download the updated English Patch.

Do I just unzip in the game's files?

Pervy Incel

Dec 1, 2017
Do I just unzip in the game's files?
  1. English Translation Patch
    1. As of May 2020, translation is complete but editing and proofreading remains an issue. The game is completely playable in English though.
    2. Open the folder where the game was installed.
    3. Open the 'system' folder
    4. Replace the 'yosuga.csx' file in the folder with the one downloaded from the discord. You may make a backup of the original if you want just in case.

Pervy Incel

Dec 1, 2017
So just a quick announcement or any Uploaders/Jr. Uploaders could put this out in the front page. Google Drive link may or may not be available.

I've received an email from Google themselves that I've violated DMCA by sharing this game. Other links should still be working though.

That is all, happy fapping degenerates.

12v6

Nov 3, 2019
How do I play this? I extracted the mdf file and tried to run the setup but it just errors and of course is unreadable because of the Japanese text turning into ???'s.

Also apparently there's an English patch on the discord? But it seems like you have to pay for it either physically or get a digital copy somehow?

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
How do I play this? I extracted the mdf file and tried to run the setup but it just errors and of course is unreadable because of the Japanese text turning into ???'s.

Also apparently there's an English patch on the discord? But it seems like you have to pay for it either physically or get a digital copy somehow?
locale emulator.

Does this bit without having to do the restart or changing locale.
1668941281183.png

I too like you extracted the mdf file.

But yeah you need a locale emulator or to change the locale of your system.

edit: here is the github for the one I use:

And two different sites with instructions on how to install it:

And once you done, you use one of these two options when launching the executable. 1668941547592.png

Last edited:

12v6

Nov 3, 2019
locale emulator.

Does this bit without having to do the restart or changing locale.
View attachment 2181745

I too like you extracted the mdf file.

But yeah you need a locale emulator or to change the locale of your system.

edit: here is the github for the one I use:

And two different sites with instructions on how to install it:

And once you done, you use one of these two options when launching the executable. View attachment 2181749
and what's the difference between this and the "English Patch" that's on the discord and apparently requires a physical copy? is there any reason to attempt to find a working copy of the physical edition online and trying that patch?

ended up getting the same error
During setup, the file could not be found in the specified path or on the Could not find the file on the disk.

Please verify that the correct disk is inserted or specify a new path.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
and what's the difference between this and the "English Patch" that's on the discord and apparently requires a physical copy? is there any reason to attempt to find a working copy of the physical edition online and trying that patch?

ended up getting the same error
Uhhh.... sounds like you need to mount the disk? (i.e. it acts like there is a disk installed?) no idea, can't remember that step was over a year ago I installed this. But from memory I think I skipped that step somehow?

Post screens shots is the only thing I can say really.

As for the patch stuff, you don't need phsyical copy... since well I don't have one and played it. And just used the patch from here.

afaik need for physical copy was for the sequel, although don't know if that will continue to be a thing.

andyboj

May 3, 2020
I'm having trouble with the installation. As soon as I try to start installing, I get an error that says "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)". I've run it both with a locale emulator and changing my system locale to Japanese.
Also stuck here unfortunately, tried deleting the folder it said it had an issue with and it's still stuck

12v6

Nov 3, 2019
Uhhh.... sounds like you need to mount the disk? (i.e. it acts like there is a disk installed?) no idea, can't remember that step was over a year ago I installed this. But from memory I think I skipped that step somehow?

Post screens shots is the only thing I can say really.

As for the patch stuff, you don't need phsyical copy... since well I don't have one and played it. And just used the patch from here.

afaik need for physical copy was for the sequel, although don't know if that will continue to be a thing.
Also stuck here unfortunately, tried deleting the folder it said it had an issue with and it's still stuck
I figured it out
1. Get DAEMON Tools Lite Free instead of using a file archiver like 7zip or WinRar.
2. Quick mount one of the 2 files included in the YosugaNoSora folder, I don't think it matters which one you choose.
3. Use the file explorer and open the mounted drive folder, make sure you have the Locale Emulator:
4. Run the setup.exe file using the locale emulator, and it should install without problems.
5. Go to the installed directory then run yosuga.exe using the locale emulator.

** The translation patch included in this thread is outdated, the one on the yosuga-no-sora is more updated, it's in the #patch-and-game channel and it's the one called "yosuga-2022-11-20.zip".

Reactions: andyboj

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I figured it out
1. Get DAEMON Tools Lite Free instead of using a file archiver like 7zip or WinRar.
2. Quick mount one of the 2 files included in the YosugaNoSora folder, I don't think it matters which one you choose.
3. Use the file explorer and open the mounted drive folder, make sure you have the Locale Emulator:
4. Run the setup.exe file using the locale emulator, and it should install without problems.
5. Go to the installed directory then run yosuga.exe using the locale emulator.

** The translation patch included in this thread is outdated, the one on the yosuga-no-sora is more updated, it's in the #patch-and-game channel and it's the one called "yosuga-2022-11-20.zip".
hmmm, didn't know the patch was outdated, I only really cared for the sisters route anyway. So eh :S

Played finished, now wanting to play the sequel, which I will likely have to learn japanese for :HideThePain: (learning jap anyway tho, and not for that reason).

Good that you were able to find a workaround tho.

ppdark1234

Dec 24, 2017
Hi, I'm having trouble with the installation, after I mount the image and click to install, this error shows up.

Capture.PNG

I already changed my region and restart the PC, and tried using the local emulator so far, both methods aren't working.

aa.PNG

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote