Yiff.party is down or gone?

Foxboy2002

May 16, 2020
The website goes down every month. He never puts money into the site. He just lets the site expire and then somehow the donations magically pour in and it goes live again. Someone donated the site enough money to run for half a year or an entire year for free, but it all vanished and the site owner said the money needs to be more to pay the monthly bill. People said on the site's board that the fake "need donations screen" or the downtime was just done on purpose to encourage people to donate. He was a scammer and stole tens of thousands. If the site is gone it's probabaly because the owner got caught in a fraud ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 01M

Malos323

Apr 21, 2018
I recently got in contact with one of the admins at Kemono.party, here's what I got.

KEMONO.PARTY
Admins have commented about the recent downtime, saying that they are migrating servers to support higher traffic. There are also other reasons why the domain is down, but haven't gone into detail. They will continue to offer their services after the migration and development will continue as needed.

YIFF.PARTY
Kemono.party is unrelated to yiff.party, as kemono is an open-source clone of yiff.party's service. Kemono's admins do not have any way of contacting the staff or domain host at yiff.party currently, and it's possibly concluded that the service is either under high maintenance, abandoned, or hijacked. It's best not to panic, as the domain admin for the site has done this several times. Like other people in this thread has been saying, "give it a week."

I understand everyone's frustration but I really do think it's just temporary. But there's only one way to find out, and that's to wait.
Well at least Kemono is still around, just under maintenance, although kinda freaky that both went down at the same time.

If Yiff is down for good though the Kemono devs should try to make Kemono look/easier to use like Yiff Party.

Malos323

Apr 21, 2018
Yeah pay $20 a month locked in to see a 10 second video loop and a few artworks, good. It's not the fact that people won;t pay, it's why would you pay if all the artist is doing is using it to shovel crap out so they can get a PS5 or a new iPhone or whatever.
Honestly, all of this would be solved if Patreon creators just...eventually released their stuff for free and made that "After X Time, a thing will be made free" obvious to the users.

Just make it so that the time gap is wide enough for there to be good incentives for people to pay to get the content early, and maybe sprinkle some exclsuvie content for game developers making H-Games on Patreon.etc, Easy commisions/Voting acess for content.etc all around for patreon users.

Make it so Patrons get to help decide/influence the creative process, and get to experience the fruit of that before the people who aren't patrons.

Reactions: Estella69

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Yeah pay $20 a month locked in to see a 10 second video loop and a few artworks, good. It's not the fact that people won;t pay, it's why would you pay if all the artist is doing is using it to shovel crap out so they can get a PS5 or a new iPhone or whatever.
I wouldn't even mind so much if artists did things a la carte, but most of them have "packs" or "terms" when I'm usually interested in one or two images tops.

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
Well if Yiff.Party is dead/on the way out, maybe someone can make a version of it that is a unity of subscribestar, patreon and fanbox?

Not me though, not experienced at all in running a server/site like that XD

As it would be easier to fund as well as it would be one server site/host to pay VS one for each

Heck, maybe that could be what is happening with Yiff.Party and the site is down to do said transition?
Kemono already has import support for all of those services, or rather it did before it also went down.

Until Yiff adds support for more sites or Kemono adds Fantia support, we're still gonna need both sites. Of course, this varies depending on who a person follows but a lot of content is on Fantia or Fanbox/Subscribestar/Discord/etc.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I recently got in contact with one of the admins at Kemono.party, here's what I got.

KEMONO.PARTY
Admins have commented about the recent downtime, saying that they are migrating servers to support higher traffic. There are also other reasons why the domain is down, but haven't gone into detail. They will continue to offer their services after the migration and development will continue as needed.

YIFF.PARTY
Kemono.party is unrelated to yiff.party, as kemono is an open-source clone of yiff.party's service. Kemono's admins do not have any way of contacting the staff or domain host at yiff.party currently, and it's possibly concluded that the service is either under high maintenance, abandoned, or hijacked. It's best not to panic, as the domain admin for the site has done this several times. Like other people in this thread has been saying, "give it a week."

I understand everyone's frustration but I really do think it's just temporary. But there's only one way to find out, and that's to wait.
Thanks

• Hey there
Reactions: dopamine-party

Ryouji326

Apr 23, 2019
I think maybe someone else bought out the domain name when the license expired. Admin probably forgot to renew it.......
In which case if it does return , probably gonna be a different domain name
Looking at WhoIs, the yiff.party domain was renewed in April 2020 and is good until May 2021, so I don't believe anyone snatched it up unless they sold it. Kemono.party is good until January 2021.

I'm hoping it's just a host change or a long maintenance.

Jo08070

Nov 11, 2020
I really hope it will return. It would be pretty sad if it just disappeared off the face of the internet forever.

X-Dee

May 4, 2020
As someone already said, artists should make all the works for free after some time. And in high resolution too. Not some cropped or resized images.

And Patrons could get bonuses like .psd files or something. And we wouldn't need sites like this to get it.

Paywalls are dick moves. They already earn way more money from anything. They got YCH, they got commissions. And they get real money from it. Definitely more than I'm getting from real job. If the paywall was broken, they still would get so much money. One commission that gives them almost my month's worth salary for example. And they got more than one commission in a month. Plus still Patreon would get their the moneys. People would still want to support honest creators. And maybe even I would pay, then. Because I'm against paywalls, so I won't give any money for such people. And with no paywalls, I would just support people who are fair with me. Still bonuses for Patreons would exist. Earlier content. .psd files. WIPs. And in terms of game content, early build, test build etc. Your influence in the projects or artwork. It's still great perks people would want to pay for.

If they did that, everyone would be happy. And no piracy would exist. I know some people that were actually "forced" by fans to register Patreon account. Because they didn't want to get the money from them. But the fans wanted to give the money themselves. That's what You call loyalty. And loyal fan is better than forced fan. Why can't more people understand that. And there is definitely one furry artist I would never give a single cent to. Some people may know who am I talking about. But I won't say the name or answer if You ask for it.

If the Petreon (etc) artists won't change that, piracy will find a way. Like a phoenix it will rise from the ashes. If not yiff.party, it will be something else. More or less friendly for users. But it will not end. Piracy exists for far longer than Patreon. And it will go beyond the life of this website too.

Sazoji

Sep 30, 2018
Kemono party had never worked for me
yeh, it wasn't that popular until now and had hosting issues, I think the reason why its down now is to fix the hosting problems/availability. Owner/host was talking about getting more and debugging servers.

GreyArin

Feb 3, 2018
Well, I just hope yiff party returns and its absence is temporary. On the other hand, does anyone know if kemono party has many artists in its database? In case yiff doesn't come back, I think kemono party will be the lifeline for many, including myself.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Well, I just hope yiff party returns and its absence is temporary. On the other hand, does anyone know if kemono party has many artists in its database? In case yiff doesn't come back, I think kemono party will be the lifeline for many, including myself.
I don't know about that. Last time I looked, it was very lacking. Maybe it's been more populated since then, but I could only find the super-popular artists on there.

zhdhbrdththxzh

Nov 12, 2020
Someone else noticed that yiff.party has changed the page logo from being a red drop to an orange star?
also data.yiff.party has changed too, please let me know if someone else see that changes.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Someone else noticed that yiff.party has changed the page logo from being a red drop to an orange star?
also data.yiff.party has changed too, please let me know if someone else see that changes.
Yeah, I see the gold star icon. The page at data.yiff.party is a default page for a website that hasn't been set up.

Raonic

Nov 5, 2018
Yep, orange star for the main site. Data is still a grey ball for me though.