3D-Daz Fan Art Y3DF 3D Characters for DAZ Studio (only Bad Boss_The Tan_Circle) - Y3DF Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
How did you convert Samanta's Topmodel Updo hair to the G8F character?
I only have Topmodel Updo G3

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
How did you convert Samanta's Topmodel Updo hair to the G8F character?
I only have Topmodel Updo G3
You actually don't need to convert it. And, that convertor mentioned isn't ideal, at least I don't like it. Here is how to do this without autofit and without conversion.
  • Load G8 character then unselect G8 character
  • Load G3 Hair asset without parenting to the G8 model. You do not want it to autofit the hair asset.
  • Select the G3 Hair asset then click the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) menu in the Scene tab then
    • Click Edit and select Scene Identification
    • Change Compatibility Base, Auto-Fit Base, and Preferred Base to /Genesis 8/Female then hit accept
  • Right click on the hair asset and select Fit "Hair Name" To ... and fit it to your G8 character.
  • Done
All the G3 morphs for the hair are now usable with your G8 model, without all the extra garbage that the convertors add during converion. This works with almost every hair asset even some of the more difficult to convert Goldtassel hair assets.

G3 Hair on G8 model test render.jpg
Here is Addy Hazel for Genesis 8 with OOT Topmodel Updo for Genesis 3.

Parameters.jpg
Here is the partial list of morphs. They are the Genesis 3 morphs without conversion or modification. There are no added morphs either.

G3 Hair on G8 model test render 02.jpg
Same hair using ponytail option and using the sliders to curve it to the left and forward to fit the pose better.

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Wow. Thank you very much. Somehow I managed to do it, but totally not the way you described it.
But I'll work on my model with your method! (y)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
tomyboy06, The thing with the way I do the fitting is that Auto-Fit doesn't always work. There are some hair assets that have separate shells for both the main hair and maybe a ponytail or braid, not constructed as one piece. Auto-Fit doesn't always work with those and the RSSY convertor doesn't handle them well either. So this was my solution which seems to work about 99.9% of the time.

Since we both like to work with G8 over G2 and G3 this knowledge comes in handy. Normally I like to look for a G8 hair asset that is the same or similar, better still if it has dForce, but sometimes you are stuck using a G3 hair asset.

Oct 12, 2022
You actually don't need to convert it. And, that convertor mentioned isn't ideal, at least I don't like it. Here is how to do this without autofit and without conversion.
  • Load G3 Hair asset without parenting to the G8 model. You do not want it to autofit the hair asset.
  • Select the G3 Hair asset then click the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) menu in the Scene tab then
    • Change Compatibility Base, Auto-Fit Base, and Preferred Base to /Genesis 8/Female then hit accept
  • Right click on the hair asset and select Fit "Hair Name" To ... and fit it to your G8 character.
  • Done
All the G3 morphs for the hair are now usable with your G8 model, without all the extra garbage that the convertors add during converion. This works with almost every hair asset even some of the more difficult to convert Goldtassel hair assets.

View attachment 2184935

View attachment 2184945
Here is the partial list of morphs. They are the Genesis 3 morphs without conversion or modification. There are no added morphs either.

View attachment 2185049
Same hair using ponytail option and using the sliders to curve it to the left and forward to fit the pose better.
it seems to be long and complicated to me.

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
  • Done

View attachment 2184935

View attachment 2184945

View attachment 2185049
It works perfectly (y)

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Okay but there seems to be a problem, Jenny's looks good but Sam's looks bad so what i do and what you do is not the same Sam!

Are you sure you downloaded the right assets? look at my Sam renders and try again!
Daz3d will load the *.dut file without error, only the hair needs to be straightened. I didn't change anything.
sam_test.jpg

Oct 12, 2022
Daz3d will load the *.dut file without error, only the hair needs to be straightened. I didn't change anything.
View attachment 2185230
i don't understand, idk, Sam looks bad in the first picture you shared but now she's a little better in the picture you shared, i think it happened that way because of the light you used and look at the rendering i made now, just like in the circle story...

therealsimpoffical_test.png

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
it seems to be long and complicated to me.
:unsure: Well, you don't need to use this method then. I was replying to tomyboy06 because he and I share similar interests using G8 figures. :)

And different hair styles can make the same character look totally different. Probably as much as lighting and posing does as well.

Oct 12, 2022
:unsure: Well, you don't need to use this method then. I was replying to tomyboy06 because he and I share similar interests using G8 figures. :)

And different hair styles can make the same character look totally different. Probably as much as lighting and posing does as well.

bruh! bro took it personally! :oops:
and not, the character looked different even though it was the same hair type i was talking about, if you look at the pictures you'll understand.

• Haha
Reactions: m4dsk1llz

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
i don't understand, idk, Sam looks bad in the first picture you shared but now she's a little better in the picture you shared, i think it happened that way because of the light you used and look at the rendering i made now, just like in the circle story...

View attachment 2185269
I may also be missing some BodyKit, and therefore the model may not be accurate.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes