Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
When the Crowd logo falls on the cat, I hear a comedic *POUND!*
But, other than that, the sound doesn't seem to work for me, either in play or in the music-box mode.
I still have it mounted, and I even tried playing it directly from the "disc," but I can't hear any music or anything.
Any suggestions?

NOTE: I have never really used something like PowerISO before, although I did check out "Yin-Yang X-Change Alternative" first, and that one seems to play fine.

Reactions: Muff Diver

Bossette

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone any insight on Xchange.exe executable detected as a virus?
11/67 detected a virus on VirusTotal.com.
Same issue with the game downloaded from other sites (including well known paysites from comments).
Would really like to play.
No issues on Xchange sequels.
Run it in a Virtual Machine?

Vidgamer

Dec 16, 2018
Im having trouble starting the game, I put the .dat file in my windows folder but it won't let me start the game. am i missing something?

Reactions: Rastafoo

Zim Sumisu

Mar 9, 2018
Like me, you may have accidentally opened the .mdf file in for example PowerISO, rather than mounted it to a virtual drive.

nekopsycho91

Jul 3, 2019
Anyone any insight on Xchange.exe executable detected as a virus?
11/67 detected a virus on VirusTotal.com.
Same issue with the game downloaded from other sites (including well known paysites from comments).
Would really like to play.
No issues on Xchange sequels.
Run it in a Virtual Machine?
I downloaded this from another site and 12/69 detected a virus on VirusTotal. Can anyone explain why there are so many detections?

Did you run this game? Did it hurt your computer?

Menagirl69

Nov 5, 2017
Yea I can't get this to run at all. I can't even bring up any compatibility mode when I go into the games properties. The sequels run perfectly fine, but this can't be run at all. I have windows 10 though so maybe it's to old? I don't know; if there is a way to run it I would like to know.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I'm able to run this without an issue in Windows 10 without compatibility mode, no idea how though. A shame JAST never released the remakes of X-Change and X-Change 2 to future proof the titles.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
I don't think the XChange.dat included is actually cracked, not even with a NoCD type hack or anything: It's just a completed save file with the gallery fully unlocked, with a bunch of saves dating back to 1998.

XChange will try to write and read save data from the Windows directory even when its install log shows it successfully created a blank XChange.dat in the directory you installed it to. This is why the readme.txt accompanying the file says to drop it in the Windows directory.

For those of you using Vista, 7, 8, or 10: here's where your save file's usually located and where you can use the completed XChange.dat in (assuming your C drive is where Windows is installed):
Code:
C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_PROFILE_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows
You probably already know this, but just in-case: AppData is normally a hidden folder, and this whole thing happens because post-Vista Microsoft decided to try using virtualization for programs running without administrator privileges as a means of heightening security and minimizing damage done by unwary users.

If you're running the game as an administrator or in an older version of Windows, your save file's in:
Code:
C:\Windows
Before you ask me why: I don't know. You'd have to talk to whomever at either CROWD or Peach Princess was responsible for programming the save data writing and reading part of the game's coding.
PLEASE HELP!! I do Not understand. what is;
"The xchange.MDF need to stay mounted in order to play the game. After the setup is finish, don't unmount xchange.mdf." ??

It Is weird. I downloaded all 3 "X Change" games and did the Install for 1 & 2. Nothing Except installed on My Desktop.
I had also downloaded & installed Ying-Yang X-Change Alternative. Downloaded & Installed. IT Works just Fine!!
There IS a Difference though,.. YY X Change Alt has 2 folders (the Install folder and a folder xca)
The 3 Xchange games Only has the Install folder. Not Really Sure IF This/That makes a Difference.

I Am Kinda Disappointed. :cry::cry: I REALLY Wanted to Play This/These Games.

Last edited:

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
Wow, this brings back memories. It was one of the first hentai games I ever played.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote