• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Sounds like True Love 95
I doubt it. I don't remember at all having to take care of raising any stat (I wouldn't have had the patience for it back then, it was among my first hentai games).

IAmTheRad

May 6, 2017
I doubt it. I don't remember at all having to take care of raising any stat (I wouldn't have had the patience for it back then, it was among my first hentai games).
I just know of two early ones that were among the earliest I've played.

Season of the Sakura
as well as

Runaway City.

I don't think it's Three Sisters Story

Or Nocturnal Illusion

Those were the 5 I knew about when I was younger.

Or even maybe May Club.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I just know of two early ones that were among the earliest I've played.

Season of the Sakura
as well as

Runaway City.

I don't think it's Three Sisters Story

Or Nocturnal Illusion

Those were the 5 I knew about when I was younger.

Or even maybe May Club.
None of these ring any bell either. It might just be a waste of time. God, I wish my memory was better than this... If I could remember a scene or something at least...
There one scene that stuck to my memory but I don't think it's the same game... But in any case : there's a girl you can seduce who's into arcade game, and the first sex scene with her, when you're about to take her, she ends up losing her virginity to the joystick of the machine you're taking her against, and don't even notice it. I laughed my ass off to that scene, I remember the protag being both confused and depressed she came to a joystick and not him, and didn't even notice. And in true protag-kun fashoin, he didn't tell her.

Apr 14, 2021
the art style very much reminds me of older anime, a semi interesting plot to top it off which makes this an game I think will be worth at least a try

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Attached is my hack to unlock all of the XChange2 scenes that were defined in the sources. This is the set persistent.replays which has scene numbers going well into the 100's, but in reality there's only around 60 that were actually defined as calls to the autosave function. You will need to have the console re-enabled. See my post above for my hacks to do that among other things. Drop this into your game folder, run the game, start a new game and then go into the console and do:

Code:
cheat_replays()
Exit back to the main and enter the CG & Music room. You should now see everything appear in the SCENES tab. I considered doing a cheat to add all of the CG images, but there are well over a thousand. It's easier to just run your favorite image browser on the images subfolder. If you got this far, you've probably already figured out how to pull all of that out of the rpa archives.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
There one scene that stuck to my memory but I don't think it's the same game... But in any case : there's a girl you can seduce who's into arcade game, and the first sex scene with her, when you're about to take her, she ends up losing her virginity to the joystick of the machine you're taking her against, and don't even notice it. I laughed my ass off to that scene, I remember the protag being both confused and depressed she came to a joystick and not him, and didn't even notice. And in true protag-kun fashoin, he didn't tell her.
That particular description is, in fact, from one of the games on that list: Runaway City, a scene with Watanabe Rin.

The "named after the place" one - wild guess here - might be Paradise Heights.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
That particular description is, in fact, from one of the games on that list: Runaway City, a scene with Watanabe Rin.
And yet I don't remember playing a game by that name... Maybe it was missnamed or the name wasn't translated ?

The "named after the place" one - wild guess here - might be Paradise Heights.
Wait... I think that might be it ! That name definitely rings a bell, I think that might be the one I played about the same time as the first X-change game !

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Moving on the XChange3 now. I only had to change util_keymap.rpy and util_options.rpy in this one to re-enable rollback and the console. Looks like the replay scheme has changed yet again so will have to get back on that later.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
XChange3 uses Renpy itself to track the replay scenes. The details are in scr_replay.rpy including the fact that there are 30 replay events in total. The devs used a naming convention for statement labels that look like "RECnn" where nn is a two digit number. They then use the "renpy.seen_label(labelname)" call to determine whether to put a scene into the "memory" gallery.
So here's a search of the labels you can jump to by hand in the console to catch scenes you may have missed.

Code:
XChange3-1.0-market/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "label REC" {} \;
./game_xc3_ch6.rpy:label REC29:
./game_xc3_ch5.rpy:label REC21:
./game_xc3_ch5.rpy:label REC22:
./game_xc3_ch5.rpy:label REC21B:
./game_xc3_ch5.rpy:label REC23:
./game_xc3_ch1.rpy:label REC02:
./game_xc3_ch1.rpy:label REC03:
./game_xc3_ch7_asami.rpy:label REC24:
./game_xc3_ch7_kouji.rpy:label REC26:
./game_xc3_ch7_rumi.rpy:label REC25:
./game_xc3_ch4.rpy:label REC16:
./game_xc3_ch4.rpy:label REC17:
./game_xc3_ch4.rpy:label REC18:
./game_xc3_ch4.rpy:label REC19:
./game_xc3_ch4.rpy:label REC20:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC04:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC05:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC06:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC07:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC08:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC09:
./game_xc3_ch2.rpy:label REC10:
./game_xc3_ch7_asuka.rpy:label REC28:
./game_xc3_ch7_chisato.rpy:label REC27:
./game_xc3_ch3.rpy:label REC11:
./game_xc3_ch3.rpy:label REC12:
./game_xc3_ch3.rpy:label REC13:
./game_xc3_ch3.rpy:label REC14:
./game_xc3_ch3.rpy:label REC15:
./game_xc3_ch0.rpy:label REC01:
I have no clue whether they had some saboteur on the team with that REC21B label but they actually had to hack their code to deal with it. When they set up the gallery they use a counter and iterate, so the scene labels above would be in sorted order.

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
So, without figuring out how Renpy internally tracks label coverage in the persistent store, I won't have a cheat script. I did confirm that I can just go in the console in a new game and do something like:

Code:
jump REC01
to jump to a scene label. You only need to start the screen playing before you can exit to main title and confirm that the scene appears in the memory room. You can also just pop back into the console and do another jump to another scene label.

As for scene 21 and 21B they appear to be the same scene appearing on two different paths involving your sister and her fiancee. So the 30 possible scene labels actually condense down to only 29 memory room scenes. Going to either label turns on the scene 21 memory.

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
And yet I don't remember playing a game by that name... Maybe it was missnamed or the name wasn't translated ?
Could be. Or maybe you got confused if you played it as a part of the Memorial Collection (JAST USA bundled a few of their old games together after polishing them up a bit, it was the equivalent of "remaster" at the time, I suppose). Or maybe your memory is hazy from so many titles from back then just like mine is: I would not be able to properly describe the differences between, say, Fatal Relations, Mad Paradox and Nocturnal Illusion; then again, I vividly remember the original X-Change trilogy, True Love and Dragon Knight 3 (AKA Knights of Xentar), so YMMV. Hard to tell, alot of "maybe"s.

Also, Watanabe Rin made a cameo appearance in Season of the Sakura, but had no scenes there.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Could be. Or maybe you got confused if you played it as a part of the Memorial Collection (JAST USA bundled a few of their old games together after polishing them up a bit, it was the equivalent of "remaster" at the time, I suppose). Or maybe your memory is hazy from so many titles from back then just like mine is: I would not be able to properly describe the differences between, say, Fatal Relations, Mad Paradox and Nocturnal Illusion; then again, I vividly remember the original X-Change trilogy, True Love and Dragon Knight 3 (AKA Knights of Xentar), so YMMV. Hard to tell, alot of "maybe"s.

Also, Watanabe Rin made a cameo appearance in Season of the Sakura, but had no scenes there.
Well, in the end, someone managed to find it. Reading the name Paradise Heights kinda made something click in my brain, like an old echo, you know.
Also now I feel god damn old.

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
So how prevalent is futa content? and can you focus solely on it (I'm fine with in between lesbian content too)

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Wouldn't know that for sure being a Linux guy, but are you sure it wasn't M$ doing a windows update driveby? I wouldn't be surprised if this was their asshattery when replacing their old bs browser with their new bs browser. If I remember right, this was a global registry setting for all browsers on Winders. At any rate, I would be very surprised to see them going to some warez company to shill their bing crap when they can pretty much shit whatever they want down your throat.

either this game or https://f95zone.to/threads/sex-is-war-v1-01-5-qutds.93075/ contains a virus. i haven't downloaded anything but these 2 and my default search engine changed to bing on both chrome and firefox. i'm not a pro but if someone is, could you take a look?

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
So how prevalent is futa content? and can you focus solely on it (I'm fine with in between lesbian content too)
Futa content - almost nonexistent.

Back in the day nobody was trying to cram every variation of every fetish imaginable into a single VN-type game, they were for the most part vanilla. What your first thought is when you read the description is pretty much what - and as much as - you get: some lesbian content (due to being surrounded by girls), and maybe a couple futa scenes (courtesy of the lab experiments trope), but mostly vanilla hetero.

To be honest, I think there were exactly 0 scenes in the originals - which should give you an idea of how "focused" the game is on that one - and a couple scenes might have been added for the R editions. Maybe the Yin-Yang game took it up a notch (never played that one), but the X-Change trilogy itself is not for the futanari seekers.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes