Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
He's kind of unofficially already in it at this point, similarly to how Zoe was for a while. Zoe officially refused to be a girlfriend through multiple encounters while still being emotionally attached to the point of tears at the thought of losing the MC. Skye's emotionally attached but is still trying to figure out what those feelings mean. Progresswise, Skye's already fuckable and pretty much lives at the house with the rest of the harem. He just hasn't agreed to the label yet.

Main issue is that BD has to tread lightly with Skye's characterization since he's already been praised for early portrayal of trans subjects but then criticized for how Skye's generally being written into a typical girl role. Then there's the bit about how Skye was initially presented as flatly asexual (uninterested) but liking whomever he likes (panromantic). The asexuality aspect looks clarified to the demisexual subtype (uninterested in general, but interested after making a strong emotional connection). So that's just another thread in the tangled spaghetti that BD's gotta figure out on top of all the other stuff he's tripping over.
Thanks i did not know that!

Jun 26, 2023
So the last playable update was Feb 6th. So now over 2 months. I think we can all agree that's a little long for some content.

However, I do have an honest question. How long does it take to make a Visual Novel? I mean the graphics, the animations, the rendering. On average, how long would that take?

I know rendering and uploading can take a bit when I use my old ass PC to render a 6 hour video and upload onto YouTube can take a few hours (as YouTube also processes that).

I only bring that up as to show I do understand that certain parts can take time but....does it usually take this long? Again, honest question and nit looking to stir up shit.

Thanks!

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
So the last playable update was Feb 6th. So now over 2 months. I think we can all agree that's a little long for some content.

However, I do have an honest question. How long does it take to make a Visual Novel? I mean the graphics, the animations, the rendering. On average, how long would that take?

I know rendering and uploading can take a bit when I use my old ass PC to render a 6 hour video and upload onto YouTube can take a few hours (as YouTube also processes that).

I only bring that up as to show I do understand that certain parts can take time but....does it usually take this long? Again, honest question and nit looking to stir up shit.

Thanks!
That depends on a lot of things. Creativity of the creator, image/animation quality, lenght of the update, number of renders, coding, new assets/backgrounds, etc.

But you are looking at one of the most incosistent updaters for recent years, so you are in the wrong thread for this kind of info.
Some games take 9-12 months on average for an update, but you got hours of content with those. Some update 1-2 times/month or every 2 months for shorter updates.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
However, I do have an honest question. How long does it take to make a Visual Novel?
That's one of those 'how long is a bit of string' questions. There are too many variables to provide a meaningful answer. But I'd say it's a lot longer than you would think.
  • Is there a team working on the VN or it it a lone wolf?
  • How experienced is the dev/team?
  • If a team, how well do they work together? Do they share the same vision for the VN?
  • Is this their only project or do they have a 'day job' or demanding family issues that takes most of their time or are they trying to work on more than one VN/game at a time?
  • Do they have a load of assets ready to use or are they creating the thing from scratch.
  • What sort of machine are the renders being created on?
There are probably loads of other things that can affect the development but it's a time consuming process that needs a lot of patience (which is where I fall flat) and dedication...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
That depends on a lot of things. Creativity of the creator, image/animation quality, lenght of the update, number of renders, coding, new assets/backgrounds, etc.

But you are looking at one of the most incosistent updaters for recent years, so you are in the wrong thread for this kind of info.
Some games take 9-12 months on average for an update, but you got hours of content with those. Some update 1-2 times/month or every 2 months for shorter updates.
That's one of those 'how long is a bit of string' questions. There are too many variables to provide a meaningful answer. But I'd say it's a lot longer than you would think.
  • Is there a team working on the VN or it it a lone wolf?
  • How experienced is the dev/team?
  • If a team, how well do they work together? Do they share the same vision for the VN?
  • Is this their only project or do they have a 'day job' or demanding family issues that takes most of their time or are they trying to work on more than one VN/game at a time?
  • Do they have a load of assets ready to use or are they creating the thing from scratch.
  • What sort of machine are the renders being created on?
There are probably loads of other things that can affect the development but it's a time consuming process that needs a lot of patience (which is where I fall flat) and dedication...
All great points, then for the games that have sound effects and music it becomes an even larger chalange to find or purchase licensing for the music and sometimes you find yourself having to make your own soundeffects or even write and/or comission your own songs.

Jun 26, 2023
I was just wondering like over all, but as said before, many great points were brought up. Thanks for helping Me have a better understanding.

Though I know, if I EVER ( which I very seriously doubt), I will have the full story already written to help in the process. As for traditional books, you don't pay the author by the chapter. You pay for the whole book.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I was just wondering like over all, but as said before, many great points were brought up. Thanks for helping Me have a better understanding.

Though I know, if I EVER ( which I very seriously doubt), I will have the full story already written to help in the process. As for traditional books, you don't pay the author by the chapter. You pay for the whole book.
True, but traditional books don't also give you music, images, and animation... This is more like a TV series, (funded by stations that then sell advertising time) and those are typically written an episode at a time.

Reactions: EJW

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
True, but traditional books don't also give you music, images, and animation... This is more like a TV series, (funded by stations that then sell advertising time) and those are typically written an episode at a time.
lol by that analogy this show would have been canceled over a year ago due to no content...stations wouldn't be getting money from advertisers since no new content...can only have reruns for so long...lol

3.70 star(s) 638 Votes