[S>Programmer] [S>Proofreader] [S>Writer] Unpaid Writer/coder looking to work with a team on a passion project

Traumkampfer

Jan 8, 2018
Didnt get any bites from anyone when I made a post recruiting to make a game of my own so I'm putting myself out there, as it seems a weirdly large amount of people need a writer for some reason.

I'm a very experienced writer/dev who has been making games for a decade. I've written two books and loads of fanfictions. I'm more of a fantasy writer but am not alien to scifi and stuff.

Skills:
Writing, debugging, making games in RPG Maker, Visionaire , and Game Maker (Most highly experienced in the first two), spell/grammar checking since I've always been a solo dev.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord or Telegram.

Employment Type & Rates:
This is strictly free, I am wanting to work with others on a project made for passion, not profit. Any team project I work on must be free and cannot have a Patreon or something.

Availability:
I have a day job but other than that I'm pretty free. If people can supply me with art I can work very quickly.

Work Samples:

Additional comments:
I think it would be fun to work on a Ryona game.

Last edited:

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
I doubt you would find any projects that plan to makes games for free without patreon. Just because someone puts up patreon doesn't mean they are not passionate about their game. People gotta eat unless that someone is rich and has loads of time on their hands.

aetiusvann

Mar 28, 2021
while I myself can't do high quality art, if you want to make some kind of game but want aid in idea, or just wants some idea to go off of, I'm a designer so I can help.

one of old pitch i offered on this community, I am open to sim, tower defense, traditional rpg, srpg, or something entirely new etc.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I doubt you would find any projects that plan to makes games for free without patreon. Just because someone puts up patreon doesn't mean they are not passionate about their game. People gotta eat unless that someone is rich and has loads of time on their hands.
This. Especially if you're working with something like Daz, where you need to purchase assets. You'll get yourself in the red real quick if you don't have a way to mitigate/offset the monetary loss of those purchases. Another reason someone might think about opening a Patreon is that you're making money off of those purchased assets, which you can put towards your taxes and get a fair sum back in returns.

Reactions: Overlord111!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
There is me who started a free fangame project very recently.

The problem with my situation, is that, considering I'm willing to loose time and money doing a free game, then it's not so good to hire someone for programming and writing because it means losing a part of my leadership on my own projects.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022

The problem with my situation, is that, considering I'm willing to loose time and money doing a free game, then it's not so good to hire someone for programming and writing because it means losing a part of my leadership on my own projects.
That's the sacrifice. But if you find like minded people for a collaboration things can go smoothly than you think.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Regarding the original post. I could require someone to help me about spell/grammar checking / and scenario writing but that's it, and I don't think it's interesting for you.

Good luck with your search, this is a really kind offer from you.

Traumkampfer

Jan 8, 2018

Yeah I prefer to work on my own as well. But I see a weirdly large amounts of help wanted posts on these forums needing a writer of all things.

Writing is easy, I wrote 5000 words in a single sitting one day when working on my first book.

Thought it would be fun to see what a group project is like as Ive never done one before.

Traumkampfer

Jan 8, 2018
Regarding the original post. I could require someone to help me about spell/grammar checking / and scenario writing but that's it, and I don't think it's interesting for you.

Good luck with your search, this is a really kind offer from you.
Thank you for the best wishes. I work for the love of it and thats all I want from others I might work with.

aetiusvann

Mar 28, 2021
That's the sacrifice. But if you find like minded people for a collaboration things can go smoothly than you think.
and is good attraction to developers who don't want their fun project to become full time work. even when you only accept donation, sometimes donors message you asking 'wheres my update, you make money with this'

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
and is good attraction to developers who don't want their fun project to become full time work. even when you only accept donation, sometimes donors message you asking 'wheres my update, you make money with this'
You could put a full disclaimer telling donors that updates would be inconsistent and at will. So everyone knows what they are donating for and devs wouldn't be responsible to fulfill their expectations. Plus as I said those looking to do fun projects for free either do it very slow or have a lot of time and money.

Traumkampfer

Jan 8, 2018
You could put a full disclaimer telling donors that updates would be inconsistent and at will. So everyone knows what they are donating for and devs wouldn't be responsible to fulfill their expectations. Plus as I said those looking to do fun projects for free either do it very slow or have a lot of time and money.

The slowest developers I've ever seen are those people who have a Patreon that pays out monthly, they have no incentive to work quickly.

I kept tabs on a project that didn't have an update for over 2 years yet kept making thousands a month.

I work very quickly. When making my last point and click adventure game, it took me about 4 months from start to finish, and that included drawing about 130 pictures. While having a day job.

Maffleby

Aug 30, 2020
Hey I have an idea and it's something that I haven't seen anyone do with adult games, business simulator with added feminization and sci fi stuff. Message me on discord if you wanna discuss further, MurtazaB#9064

Opfr

Jan 28, 2018
Howdy!

I have been working on a passion project of mine for awhile now and I could use your skills! The project will never have a Patreon and will always be free for release. I've hired a few people to help out also.

If you're still looking people to help out hit me up on discord opfr#4048.