• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Would you play a game with these graphics?

How do you rate the quality of these graphics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Hello guys!
I came to bring the first images of the adult game I am developing.
It will be a 3D RPG game, as you can see in the images below.
These images show the graphics during gameplay.

I would like your opinion to know if I am on the right track!
How do you rate the quality of these graphics?
I did a poll, but if possible, a written opinion saying what you liked and what you didn't would be appreciated.

A big hug for everyone!

Edit: Deleted

Last edited:

Sparky~

Aug 22, 2020
Finally a game that uses MV3D! This looks great, as expected from using this plugin.

You could try having a little more harmony between textures, for example, the change in the textures from the lateral towers to the central wall looks way too rough. You could try looking for a different texture that suits it better or change its brightness/contrast.

1601768678240.png

Everything else is fine. Maybe you could try making a switch for night-time so there are no shadows at that time (it looks weird).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Thomas Turbating

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Finally a game that uses MV3D! This looks great, as expected from using this plugin.

You could try having a little more harmony between textures, for example, the change in the textures from the lateral towers to the central wall looks way too rough. You could try looking for a different texture that suits it better or change its brightness/contrast.

View attachment 843543

Everything else is fine. Maybe you could try making a switch for night-time so there are no shadows at that time (it looks weird).
Thanks for the feedback, it helps a lot!
Now for the answer:

I understand what you said about the textures, but this divergence between the texture of the wall and the pillars of the castle was intentional.
We tested applying the same texture to the walls and pillars and we don't like the result very much.
Even so, I will try to take your advice into account when creating the next maps.

The switch for the night already exists.
What happens is that we apply denser shadows for the night, to simulate the moonlight in the environment (as it happens in the real world, when it is at night with a full moon, the shadow is bigger).

I understand that this detail may not have pleased you, but we on the project development team like the shadow as it is.
Your opinion is valid, but I think we disagree with that.

We have previously tested how It feels to let the map without shadows at night and the feeling is that something is missing.

I'm glad you liked the result in general and, one more time, thanks for your opinion!

A big hug!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Sparky~

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
This looks interesting. At least gives it a more unique visual twist in the genre. Going to keep an eye on this one. :p
It is quite unique for RPG Maker, that's for sure. I like it.
Guys, the first demo is done, it will probably be released next week!
All that remains is to work on the project pages and on editing the videos for divulgation.
I will create a project topic here on f95zone so that you know better the details and can download it.
Stay tuned!

Thomas Turbating

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
isn't mv3d supposed to be able to import models? these 2 tools should complement each other instead of replacing each other. I think you misunderstand what crocotile does.
As I understand it, crocotile allows the creation of maps from tilesets, but I may be mistaken, since I don't know it very well.
Even so, for 3D models, I have been using blender.
I'll take a closer look at Crocotile later.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
As I understand it, crocotile allows the creation of maps from tilesets, but I may be mistaken, since I don't know it very well.
Even so, for 3D models, I have been using blender.
I'll take a closer look at Crocotile later.
Well crocotyle fills the same purpose as blender but it's optimized for pixel art workflow, so it might be easier. There's also an addon for blender called sprytile that is used for pixel art workflow, but I hear it's pretty buggy.