yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
WorldsCrossingAcademy-S2v0.2.3.13
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

ShadedSoul

Nov 20, 2019
Goddamn it. I spent so long debugging and trying to figure out why the images for getting the royal jelly weren't showing up, found the problem, thought I fixed it and then had to keep testing it to find out that I did part of the fix without the rest of the fix, patched it, and ran it, only to wake up today and find out that an hour after I went to bed, a patch was released that fixed the bug.

Two hours of my life used up because of my own stupidity, but hey, now I understand the filing method for the game better.

• Haha
Reactions: Repuci

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Goddamn it. I spent so long debugging and trying to figure out why the images for getting the royal jelly weren't showing up, found the problem, thought I fixed it and then had to keep testing it to find out that I did part of the fix without the rest of the fix, patched it, and ran it, only to wake up today and find out that an hour after I went to bed, a patch was released that fixed the bug.

Two hours of my life used up because of my own stupidity, but hey, now I understand the filing method for the game better.
LMAO I am so sorry. It was a typo in the reference file. I copy/paste batches of reference lines from one file to another to avoid typing them all manually, then I use the Find and Replace function to change the names. Well apparently I forgot to change the folder name from Jade to Blossom because the damn thing was looking in Jade's folder for Blossom's images.

There were also two other bugs fixed with the .13 update. You must have been one of the 300 or so poor souls who got to the 0.2.3.0 version before I updated it.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
As far as Free Time goes, the intended use was for the player to do a scene or three, then go back to the main story, back and forth. But I also didn't want to put a limit on the number of scenes you could do, 'cause I felt that would piss people off. So I'm not quite sure how I'd fix that. Can't please everyone, I'm learning.

This story is meant to be more of a slow burn, so though Aurum has made a lot of acquaintances, he's made very few friends and deep connections at this point. "Trust" is subjective. And hey, I get tired of the "Every Dick Must Be Massive" trope, but it's everywhere in games like this. Ya win some ya lose some.

Regarding camera footage. That would depend on the age of the incident. Most security systems operate on a digital DVR system with a 3 month memory. After that point, it overwrites the oldest day in memory with the newest day. So incidents like Willy's incident are too old to still be in memory. Another reality is that, many times, the camera system is the last thing the security client wants to spend money on, so oftentimes you're left with a Pelco system from the 1980s whose cameras are older than you are. You're lucky to get color, much less a good resolution. SOURCE: Been a security officer for 11 years now. Still going.

I know it can be frustrating to watch assholes like Jack get away with what seems like murder, but he's careful to do things out of Aurum's sight, and Aurum is very much not perfect. If everything were perfect, there'd be no story. Trust me, Jack's comeuppance is in the pipeline.

Reactions: AlexaSky

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Though honestly, the camera footage is a good point. Having Aurum mention that and then Serafina or Ember asking how old the incident was and explaining the DVR system in-game might be a good thing to add.

Reactions: Derbyshir3

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
As far as Free Time goes, the intended use was for the player to do a scene or three, then go back to the main story, back and forth. But I also didn't want to put a limit on the number of scenes you could do, 'cause I felt that would piss people off. So I'm not quite sure how I'd fix that. Can't please everyone, I'm learning.

This story is meant to be more of a slow burn, so though Aurum has made a lot of acquaintances, he's made very few friends and deep connections at this point. "Trust" is subjective. And hey, I get tired of the "Every Dick Must Be Massive" trope, but it's everywhere in games like this. Ya win some ya lose some.

Regarding camera footage. That would depend on the age of the incident. Most security systems operate on a digital DVR system with a 3 month memory. After that point, it overwrites the oldest day in memory with the newest day. So incidents like Willy's incident are too old to still be in memory. Another reality is that, many times, the camera system is the last thing the security client wants to spend money on, so oftentimes you're left with a Pelco system from the 1980s whose cameras are older than you are. You're lucky to get color, much less a good resolution. SOURCE: Been a security officer for 11 years now. Still going.

I know it can be frustrating to watch assholes like Jack get away with what seems like murder, but he's careful to do things out of Aurum's sight, and Aurum is very much not perfect. If everything were perfect, there'd be no story. Trust me, Jack's comeuppance is in the pipeline.
I think you misinterpreted which camera footage I'm irritated about ... it was the first event right after the first chance to use free time. MC even talks about trying to get it, but basically decides it's not worth the effort. That said, if there's a three-month window on most of those systems, then I guess it's not as immediate an issue as I think of it, but then of the real systems I've encountered, the longest modern "normal price" system I've heard of is 4-5 days of footage.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Though honestly, the camera footage is a good point. Having Aurum mention that and then Serafina or Ember asking how old the incident was and explaining the DVR system in-game might be a good thing to add.
BTW: Is there ever supposed to be 4-10+ lines of text in a row with black screens accompanying them instead of images? (not counting the lab)?

EDIT: I think they all happened in S1. I don't remember there being one in S2, but I'm only on Monday.

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
I wasn't put off by anything about security footage, maybe I missed that.
However having yet another girl on security staff that gets tunnelvision and deals with severe issues on being in the mere presence of a dickwielder, which also seemingly everyone but MC is informed about gave me some "WTF?!" moment.

Plz tell me she is a succubus who just didn't get opportunity to take her appetite-suppressors in time, or something like that!
Tapdancing on the high-wire of caution around Koneko and Druthari seems already sufficient, Auron will miss just having to deal with brats throwing trash on the floor if we get more of this.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I think you misinterpreted which camera footage I'm irritated about ... it was the first event right after the first chance to use free time. MC even talks about trying to get it, but basically decides it's not worth the effort. That said, if there's a three-month window on most of those systems, then I guess it's not as immediate an issue as I think of it, but then of the real systems I've encountered, the longest modern "normal price" system I've heard of is 4-5 days of footage.
I very well may have. Lemme look at the event you're referencing and see if I can remember where my mind was at when I wrote it.
BTW: Is there ever supposed to be 4-10+ lines of text in a row with black screens accompanying them instead of images? (not counting the lab)?
And yes, any black screen is intentional and was meant to just be transitional dialogue as the characters are moving to another location. Being more experienced now, I probably would have shot a hallway from a distance with them walking, and may yet do so for the rewrite when I get there. You're not the first to ask about this, which makes me think I should probably take a look at it.

OKAY so I have looked at the scene in question. Aurum didn't bug the attendant to look at the camera footage because the mall was closing and he said he'd revisit it another day. This is part of an extended subplot with a specific character. I had planned to
So what you were talking about was in the works, just not yet.

You need to stop predicting me, my guy lol.

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
You need to stop predicting me, my guy lol.
Well, talking of young and dangerous:
If I could reliably predict you, I would not need to ask if/when we'll get the harpy back?
I kind of lost the thread on if her event(s) are even supposed to have happened or not, or if that is only going to become certain after S1 rewrite.

ShadedSoul

Nov 20, 2019
LMAO I am so sorry. It was a typo in the reference file. I copy/paste batches of reference lines from one file to another to avoid typing them all manually, then I use the Find and Replace function to change the names. Well apparently I forgot to change the folder name from Jade to Blossom because the damn thing was looking in Jade's folder for Blossom's images.

There were also two other bugs fixed with the .13 update. You must have been one of the 300 or so poor souls who got to the 0.2.3.0 version before I updated it.
Nah, it's all good. I got the traceback and figured I could figure it out, and I did, I was just stupid about it. Keep up the good work, I'm really loving the game, and am waiting patiently for new releases and a solution to Nook's problem.

Reactions: VictorSeven

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Thank you so much! This should change everything.

Newest update .13 fixes this. Make sure you start a new playthrough like I said in the release post.
wow you said if we saved aty right time there was no need to start over...damn. i hope u mean only season 2..cliking the damn book i got an error regarding lydia or something not defined.
Edit: tried to load again and game is fine , but when i click thesandbox book, same error as before...uff..i preferred as it was in season 1 without having a fancy maps but only a choose selection to go with the girl...many issues less...

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
wow you said if we saved aty right time there was no need to start over...damn. i hope u mean only season 2..cliking the damn book i got an error regarding lydia or something not defined.
Edit: tried to load again and game is fine , but when i click thesandbox book, same error as before...uff..i preferred as it was in season 1 without having a fancy maps but only a choose selection to go with the girl...many issues less...
That's what I mean. New Season 2 Playthrough. Game has new variables, so right now, you need to start a new playthrough in order to define them.

One VERY helpful user gave me the method to be able to add variables to save files as soon as you load your save, but that's gonna take a lot of time to implement because there are a lot of critical variables. So HOPEFULLY this build will be the last time you have to do this for a while.

I expect you might have to start Season 2 over again after I add the Love Languages system, and you'll have to start the entire series over when the S1 rewrite is finally done and both games are merged into one. After that, there should be no more restarts because there shouldn't be any more features or systems added, or anything changed that occurs before your save. Part of learning how to make games, sadly.
Well, talking of young and dangerous:
If I could reliably predict you, I would not need to ask if/when we'll get the harpy back?
I kind of lost the thread on if her event(s) are even supposed to have happened or not, or if that is only going to become certain after S1 rewrite.
Ah yes. I pulled her out and moved her to the Secret category. After the S1 rewrite, I'll throw an unlock condition into the story somewhere and we'll get to continue with her. I had to take all the characters that had questionable content that made people rage and put them in either Secret or DLC category so that way nobody was forced into content they didn't like. Cecilia, River, and this character are all in the Secret category so you have to make the choice to opt into their stories rather than having them forced on you.

Though now that I think about it, I suppose I could throw an unlock condition somewhere in the current story. I guess I don't really have to wait till S1 is rewritten, do I? Gonna stew on that and see where it might make sense to meet her in S2...

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes