• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Working on a new game with a storyline I wrote. Need help as far as art and programming though.

Dracodadark

Dec 1, 2017
I have been writing erotic stories for some time now and would love to create a game with choices and well done art. I do not have the skills unfortunately for programming and artwork. I also would not want to put something out there that was not in my stories vision. So if anyone can offer any help as far as art and programming or working together to bring my stories to life I would love the opportunity to work with you.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I have been writing erotic stories for some time now and would love to create a game with choices and well done art. I do not have the skills unfortunately for programming and artwork. I also would not want to put something out there that was not in my stories vision. So if anyone can offer any help as far as art and programming or working together to bring my stories to life I would love the opportunity to work with you.

I assume you already have a story in mind and written out, at least a bit?

If so, here's my advice. 1st, change your signature to ask for an artist and a programmer. Second, be active in the forums, share your thoughts on threads, post some suggestions in game suggestions, help other people posting to general. As you do people will notice you and your signature and offer to help. That's how I found my first artist.

Reactions: Dparx and MrBree

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I would for every <new> Creator suggest some basic reading about:
  1. Project management
  2. Software development process
  3. Game types (VN, RPG, ADV ...)
  4. Picking the right applications
  5. Distribution methods
  6. Marketing
  7. User communication
Also: Begin with a tiny project. Test out if you have the energy and will to do this permanently; if thats in your goals.
If you want to do "Agile-/Iterative Model" development(like known with most games here{They mostly add also something from Chaos model} :tiredface:):
  • Don't do stiff death-lines - this gives more disadvantages as the other way, but set goals.
  • Don't work on a release till the release date - be earlier ready(buffer time).
Greets

Last edited:

Dracodadark

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for the advice as that is very helpful. I'm trying to be active and I can set aside a fair amount of time. The stories I have written are fully fleshed out with a lot of choice in them and vary from fetish to romantic stories with a great amount of erotic nature to them.