DuniX

Dec 20, 2016

This should tell you exactly what you need to do for unlocking routes.
The relevant part for you is here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think you need to win the whole tournament, just the first few rounds, only for Viola you need the win the whole tournament.

Hellfick

May 18, 2018
Well, then the problem is resolved. I was following the instructions that someone posted here, and it said you didn't need to win the tournament, so I never really tried. Thanks for the help, guys!

ikstarven

Dec 1, 2019
i'm spent with this girl's behavior in combat, why can't she just use the prioritized AOE attacks from the very beginning? instead she chose to pluck enemies one by one by the weaker spells and spends all her mana and to top it off she uses the powerful AOE attack when there are only a few enemies left

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
i'm spent with this girl's behavior in combat, why can't she just use the prioritized AOE attacks from the very beginning? instead she chose to pluck enemies one by one by the weaker spells and spends all her mana and to top it off she uses the powerful AOE attack when there are only a few enemies left
Because you enabled those skills?
In the early games you need builds that don't use much mana. And even that under Secret against tricky opponents only.
True magic builds are much later on.

ikstarven

Dec 1, 2019
Because you enabled those skills?
In the early games you need builds that don't use much mana. And even that under Secret against tricky opponents only.
True magic builds are much later on.
yes, i enabled them, but the more powerful spell is prioritised, so i though she would use them first, and if she runs out of mana she will use the weaker ones, but almost always she uses the more powerful one only near the end of the battle

iju513

Dec 7, 2017
I learned that it helps to set such skills onto secret and then enable it while toggling the other skills (physical, attack, defense) into less or none for what the situation calls for, so she HAS to use such skills. Helped a lot during the war segments. And of course to make sure the Drain Essense skill is one of them because the AoE spells eat mana fast and you need that spell to restore it quick if you have a small pool or not high enough natural recovery.

PomNP

Mar 10, 2019
does anyone know how to get past the wall on the tower of qualifications or something. I can't seem to get past Archwizard Three.
I think it depends on how many time you attempts on tower of qualification, I got Archwizard rank first when I clear 100 floors with a one time try. In another run I want to farm more skill points so I enter it several weeks, what happened is the top floor is limited only at 90th floor, and I couldn't get above Archwizard rank third. Note that when I get Archwizard rank first my Mana Capacity skill only lv.40, Drain Essence skill lv.10, but clear all other towers, around 1200hp 700mp(Save-load for several times).

droganpc

Apr 21, 2020
I think it depends on how many time you attempts on tower of qualification, I got Archwizard rank first when I clear 100 floors with a one time try. In another run I want to farm more skill points so I enter it several weeks, what happened is the top floor is limited only at 90th floor, and I couldn't get above Archwizard rank third. Note that when I get Archwizard rank first my Mana Capacity skill only lv.40, Drain Essence skill lv.10, but clear all other towers, around 1200hp 700mp(Save-load for several times).
you need to progress Rune's story more i think.

Neko33421Green

May 7, 2021
TIP: hold ALT to make all battles almost instantly

Need to set the battle speed too fast for it to work and won't skip text unless the skip option on

Press Space bar to pause battle and you can move the mouse over to units to see their basic stats

When spending points to skills, hold Shift + mouse click to reduce by 1 instead, in case you did one by mistake or so. Doesn't work if already learned.

when spending points for high level skills just hold left-click (or enter) instead of repetitively clicking

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DuniX

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
I got it to trigger the Elle event, got the trial mode, and now I can't seem to get Viola. Started on Trial, did some training, Rest 5 times with Elle/Yell, conquer the towers, trials, magic, blessings, win tournament, and got Elle again, but not Viola later. I kept conquering towers to see if it would trigger, the underlord and the one with the dragons, and even won the Bancaster tournament, but got nothing in the end, only some scenes with Rune, and one scene with Viola which seem to imply that MC had slept with her, but not the actual scene, so the next mode didn't unblock. Does anyone know if the order of the towers is important?

Also, how does the carry over work exactly? Furniture and items are conserved, but 40% of the skills from last run, or 40% of the run with the highest total skills, or 40% of the highest value that skill achieve among all previous runs?

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Pretty much the highest value you achieved in a per category basis.
So it's good to specialize in every run.
Thank you. Though for some reason now I'm getting 50%, I don't know if it's because I repeated a level twice since the next didn't unlock, or because I did the quiz without failing any questions.

LymeTime

Oct 17, 2020
Brainless way to play is:
Max Swords+the next two sword skills, put points into the last sword skill when you get them but disable it (only enable it for bosses where you have mana, probably only needed for ancient dragon and the last floor of archmage tower).
Spam Physical, get constitution to like 20, recovery to 20, speed to 20, max all the other skills to 10.
Get wizardry to 10, Mana recovery as high as you can, mana pool to 10ish, max magic defence and all the sub skills. Aim to max Elocution and put some points in synergy.
Max Heal, Regeneration, Blessed Rain (once you have more mana recovery (40ish) you can max Tailwind and then Body enhance).
Set Attack and defence to priority and set offensive spells to never. Target nearest, position any (target strongest for tournaments).
Set speed to fast and then hold down control.

At some point get all the Gilgamesh furniture, nice sword, good armour.

Completely brainless, she can't do much wrong since you have almost no spells. Sometimes the damage will overwhelm her or drain out her mana pool, but it let me get archmage 3, win the last tournament and all towers cleared on second run. Third run I cleared all towers+archmage 1 in the first year. Only fight that's stopped the build is the war one.

Asa1984

Jun 8, 2021
Hi people. Can someone help me - I think I noticed 2 bugs in game and I want to know do they affect game in some way - except visually. I noticed 2 things in this game version(downloaded game from this site) - 1st: my attack speed on Status screen is always locked on 0 - except when I equip Cheetah Necklace - than it increases. Is that just a bug - game not showing data correctly? 2nd: In room, Celes never has animation of sleeping. She walks around, sings, studies... there is also a sword practice animation - but she never goes to bed to sleep. I noticed (so far) those 2 things missing/being different from JAP version of game (after watching video of speed run from this forum).

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes