Ren'Py - Wizards Adventures [v0.1.36.0] [AdmiralPanda]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

It is a very good game. New direction of development was a good idea the story is better this way. Maybe it is too slow now it feels grindy sometimes but the world and characters are fun and attractive. Animations are so smooth and nice fit very well for the artwork.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

mordormore

Switched games entirely without changing promotion themes. not to mention the new game is loaded with nothing worth playing. or even viewing at that. it lacks in pretty much everything. the english is misspelled constantly. the art is confusing on what to click, and the lewdness is lacking. its about 1/30th as lewd.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

JoDo24

This is not a full game, the author has taken what this game used to be and has completely remade it. it is currently only a 15-minute demo. if you are expecting a full 2018 game... you are wasting your time here.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MasterRE

I really liked that there was a lot of different content. and you could go back and interact with those characters that advanced. The map and quests was awesome. I prefer CGI but still liked this game. I never finished maxing out the last character because it seemed to me that I would never achieve a conclusion of some key goals.. you cant destroy Midas, enslave Gloria, investigate the Crypt, etc. So much content.. but none has a conclusion. Once a few character reach a mature conclusion where you can interact with them after maxing out .. then this will be a five.. five plus if it goes CGI.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

moy67444

Useless "time" system, useless "craft" system, dialogs can be skipped.. some art is good, some is mediocre. Built-in help system allows to continue with different quests but it degrade to click there, click there, some dialog, go to help, next event is on morning only, go to sleep, repeat.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

PhoenixRage23

After playing the latest version on here I have to change it to 1 star. There are a lot of bugs and tracebacks happening for this game that's been out for awhile now. The translation and dialogue are pretty awful. The characters don't seem to have any depth at all.

The sprites and clothing need to be completely reworked. When Gwen is supposed to be gone, she shows up in the kitchen when talking to Milena. Her clothes are constantly changing in multiple scenes in the game.

The amount of grind and lack of character development and storylines leaves much to be desired with the game. Maybe in another 3 to 4 years the game might actually be half way decent if it's still being made. The older version of the game was much better.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Phaeton95

I do not understand the amount of bad reviews. I played many other games with much better reviews, which are trash compared to this game.

I love the different fetishs that are present in the game and the scenes are really hot! My favorite partare the girls in the gladiator arena. I hope this will be part of the new updates.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

God3333

(As of v0-11-a-2)
    Feels like a clone...

Story 4/10: I'll be honest with you, there's a bit of a story, but it's nothing to really take pride in, from a dev point of a view. When I see visual novel I expect myself to be able to immerse myself into the story...However, it's not one of those 'stories'. It's to be blunt: Boring, Bland and discombobulatingly bad. To conclude this individual rating I would say that it's not a game to play if you're looking for immersion.

Renders 6/10: Listen, I'm not the biggest fan of 2dcg, so perhaps my argument is invalid (through bias). However, I do feel that for 2cdg it's not bad but, it's nothing special. I will admit that I've seen worse... lots worse. To conclude; If you're looking for a game with 2dcg then perhaps this is the one for you! However, if you are looking for a really good 2dcg then I would not recommend this game.

Animations 6/10: Now, if you have seen my ratings previously you may be aware of my obvious addiction to animations. I'm someone who believes that all games can achieve a certain standard of animation and all should be held to that easily achievable standard. Now, I felt a little bit conflicted over the animations in this game, I have seen better and again, I've seen worse. However, with some games it feels like you play for a while and get a animated scene; which is sometimes good. Now, for me if that scene does not feel worth my time I spent then it's not a good animation and it really affects my overall score (Equivalent exchange). To conclude: I would say that the games animations are OK.

English 4/10: Right, I'm not going to sit here and say that my grammar and English are anything to be proud of, however, when compared to this they make me look like a man with a doctorate in English Language ( I passed English Language with an A :ROFLMAO: ). It's so badly written I want to tare my testes off; I can handle spelling errors that's fine, but when there is this level of wrong tense and this degree of errors I cannot sit idle (My English teacher would come and haunt me from the grave) To conclude: If you are someone who doesn't give a rat's arse about correct grammar and English then this is the game for you!

Cheats 2/10: Now, I understand that sometimes we need to cheat, I do it all the time (No wonder I can't keep a relationship) But I digress. I like it when cheats are hidden away just slightly out of reach so that you won't be forced to use them. However, the game has a home where the Mc lives and in there you can just click on a chest that clearly has gems (Currency) to add them. It seems a bit cheap to be honest. To conclude: This might not affect you at all, in fact it may be a positive. However, if you're like me (A bit of a twat that likes to waste his time overthinking simple things) then maybe you may be slightly infuriated at the sight of this blatant cheat!

Thoughts:
    Oui, this game does have potential and I would group it into the games that could perhaps become something great. However, at this point in time I would say that it feels too much like a clone of other games. I didn't really comment on the originality of the game so I will briefly touch on it now...
    The game feels like a clone of many other games. Now, I'm not against taking inspiration from things, but you need to be self aware! It's like self deprivation, you need to understand that your game isn't good and if you take inspiration from other games, depending on how heavy it is, you should knock yourself down a bit. This game's dev does not seem to grasp this concept.

Remember, I'm no dev. I don't know how hard the struggle is just to get that olive bread(Or Garlic). I'm just a humble looser looking to review games...Honest.

To officially end this amazingly paragraphed text, I will give my final rating:
    4/10 (Bit shit/shite)

However, I would like to wish the game's dev luck and hope that they will make me rethink my rating (God, that sounded passive aggressive)

Good luck!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Bantol

A great mix of sexual genres with a nice guide that lets you go through the stories you're interested in. The art style is cartoon, but sharp and with good, realistic color balance. Only critique right now is that the colors are a bit off on the potion making system. The shades of potions are too similar and in the book seem to be different than on the table.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

chuma

Interest: excellent
    Difficulty: does not require hints from the side
    Pictures: good, there are video extensions, but you can still improve the quality
    Story length: not tightened
    Mining: random search, no need to regularly dig a mine
    Dialogs: sometimes the inscriptions on the buttons are missing, urgently correct!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Nolo100

Great game! it took me about 6 hours to complete the current version and i have no regrets, characters are well done when it comes to looks. Story is actually fun and entertaining. In fact this is one of the few games i didn't just spam the text to go away i was actually reading the text. Game wants to play to earn the scenes and i enjoy it, i don't just get 5 scenes by opening and lose the interest in the game just by opening it. Sex scenes are very well done, and only thing that could be better is improving how the scenes play, making them more smooth.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

DoodlesTheBob

Broken English translations. Traced images from outside games, stolen commercial music from various titles, all while the game has paywalled content.

The art is pretty lazy, but it seems as if the creator is now hiring outside artists to do the new characters and storylines added so at least there's that.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Daishi

The gameplay is weird and repetitive with annoying puzzles and next to no sense of reward. The sex scenes are dull and poorly done. The writing is terrible and reads like a machine translation. Though ironically is said to actually (somehow) be worse in the russian version than the English despite it being the author's primary language. Also, most of the later content is tightly kept behind an unmoving paywall.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

Update (0.1.29): ... you know what, I've got to raise this back up some to a 3. While there's still lost content from the original, and still locked content and bugs (don't attempt scene replay this version), a lot of new, quality content has been added. The enema scene alone. Hell if there'd been lactation on the busty vampire aunt I'd probably have gone 4 (well, maybe not yet, seriously the bugs...). Credit to it though for being the rare game restarted from almost scratch and actually done ok and not being a total cash grab.

Update: Was a 4, dropping to 2. Massive amounts of content were removed, tone shifted, new content has less adult, more grind, a game that went from good in art and style to crap in both. Leaving a 2nd star in memory of what it once was and hope it ever returns any of that.

Regularly updated, it's getting better. There was a time it wouldn't rate 2 stars. Now it's had the grind reduced, more characters and scenes added, in game walkthrough and menu improvements. Still has flaws, engrish text, bugs aren't uncommon when it hits a new version, but I'll just barely give it 4 since it's actively being improved and previously pay wall content has been unlocked for all (though not all of it). Update: Raising it back to 4 as several of the locked scenes were opened and development seems to finally have stopped being furry and moved back towards the (IMO) better content and art it had been.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Rob9753

Fun game. The gameplay, menus, and gallery is greatly improved in the newest (0.70) version. Look forward to story additions. I'd suggest that new 'quests' could be added with the same characters just by altering dialog, and reuse the graphgraphics scenes as they are. Just different text in the gallery (and game) for them.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Dollars303

Some content was locked behind pay to play. This was after hours long grinding which took forever to figure out what to do. Mostly PG-13 stuff then locks when you try to get to the better or repeatable stuff without paying him. I hope it means it's just not ready yet(ie. not developed) but it sounded like i needed to pay to get the content from the games text. The english in game was really bad so that might be it, anyways that made me stop playing right away and write this bad review. Artwork was nice enough to get me to try it in the first place.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

t727

Contains minor spoilers.

I've completed the content of this version now and I feel it took an unnecessary amount of time because most of the time you couldn't do more than one interaction per day.

The reason to this is that the day is divided into four parts.
    Morning, noon, evening, Night (only sleeping possible).
    Many of the interactions has to happen during the first part of the day and many of these interactions consume one of the available time slots which mean you have to return to the NPC the next day to be able to continue as the NPC isn't there in for example the afternoon.
    There are probably a more fluid way of completing this game if you read a guide which I didn't.

The tasks are mostly done in a chain, but some of them requires other tasks to be completed first to unlock the next part. Unfortunately the English used in the writing of these tasks are so utterly broken and incomprehensible the best way is just to skip the text and go back to base and use the scryers ball to see what your current task is and even then it's very hard to understand what the topic is about. (See Jane quest and her sword)
    I'm not fluent in English and therefore I would be very hesitant to write content for a game so I really shouldn't be this harsh but the language is just terrible.

One of the tasks didn't happen out in the wilderness but was just completed when you got back, perhaps a bug (see Pit's caravan quest)
    Some of these tasks are more logical than others, some are just pure guesswork or you are forced to look at the forums for help.

The drawings are kind of hot but not actual fap material, they are alluring at the most.

The game has potential to be better.
    But for now having the things I mentioned in mind with the poor language weighing the most I can't give this more than a 2/5 rating.

Rating based on v.0.6.5.1
  18. 4.00 star(s)

aliquis

Four stars is probably too generous, but there's a good game here trying to get out from in between the poor English (usually, but not always, I can figure out what the characters are trying to say), the plot inconsistencies (some of which may be down to the language problem), the confusing way the game handles quests being on hold until another unrelated quest progresses ("talk to x" the quest log says, but you can't until you've done something else that has nothing to do with it), people sometimes appearing in two places at once or not disappearing after being [spoiler removed].

Despite all this, I found it really good fun. The art is usually good, although the animations are pretty primitive, and there are some pretty sexy scenes. It's not for everyone, but if you can tolerate its weaknesses there's some gems here to mine.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Seewolf

Wizard’s Academy offers great support by the dev and turns out to be a really a nice fantasy game. Drawings are also quite good, instead of the generic 3d renders (most of these games use the same models with minor variations). Story also drags the player into it. When I began playing, I really underestimated the amount content. There are lots of quests and things to do. I really recommend playing it and supporting it on patreon.

A few tweaks would improve the game in my opinion:

- Sometimes more hints are needed in the quest log. Often players follow different quest lines at the same time and you don't remember everything which was said in dialogue later on, when you get back to the quest. Therefore more hints in the quest log would be great.

- For quicker player orientation, what's going on and what's still to do, it would also help a lot, if completed quests were crossed out. And a mark for those, which might continue at a later game stage.

- the navigation bar/map access on the left side should be accessible from everywhere for quick navigation. Later on it might be a silly click orgy in order to navigate from the mage's academy to the village (f.e. from third floor, you have to go to the portal floor, then through the portal, then pass the basement, then to the tavern and eventually you can access the quick navigation again. That's unnecessary in my opinion. Especially since the player has to switch location very often. Make the map access possible from every location.

- Many important characters are only available during a specific day or night time. It's understandable to some point, but often, this slows down story and quest progress a lot, because you have to spend another day, just because you missed a person at a specific location. It's frustrating, if this happens too often.

- At later stages of the game, sex scenes with characters should be repeatable and left to the player’s choice, if he wants to talk to the character in order to continue a quest or if he wants to have fun with the specific girl. Of course you can also access accomplished scenes via the gallery, but still it’s not the same.

- Passing time in order to fulfill quests happen too often and frustrate. This should be reduced. Quests like "wait 5 days untill x happened" are too frequent.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

vengefulspirit

This game has potential. An annoying common sentiment at this point, but it's true in this instance. Unfortunately, that potential is buried under a mountain of frustrations, from awful, awful UI design, to poor english and inscrutable plot, to pixel hunting gameplay, to vague quests and horrific implementation of the quest chain, to a plethora of gameplay elements and ideas that serve little purpose and waste a lot of time, and just a mountain of grind (even after - I'm guessing - it was improved by giving more starting gold).

So what is the good? The art is hand drawn and unique. The glossy drawing of the bodies is particularly appealing, and the variety of characters, boobs, and faces on offer is pretty great. There are some issues, particularly in the early characters and cgs, like really odd looking faces, dicks, mouths etc. The mouths in general are really low on the face, chins are not a thing women have in this universe.

The animations vary from above average to horrific and broken. Most of the animations just loop really terribly when the MC orgasms, cum splattering into and out of existence over and over. The way the penis and orifices interact in general seems unnatural. As if the penis phases through the orifices rather than opening them.

Now the english is a problem. Most of it is understandable - if INCREDIBLY obtuse and awkward, but it is incredibly simplistic, and, because of that, everyone sounds the same. There is some very, very limited characterization, but its all one-note kind of stuff. Amelia likes magic, the assassin girl likes alpha men, silvia values friendship, the blonde likes you too much. I literally just closed the game and Im honestly unable to remember the names of these characters because I literally just didnt take anything in due to the amount of grinding and total lack of actual interaction. A good editor could fix a lot of these problems, but only if the below issues are fixed.

Now for the main issue(s): The intersection between plot, quest structure, gameplay, and technical implementation. This is where the game moves from a fun, light, varied, comical VN with good art, to a massive, unreasonable chore. And the big problem is that all of these issues have been integrated together, so you can't just fix them individually, you'd have to pull everything apart and re-implement it in a way that doesnt make the player want to blow their brains out.

Ok, so the basic plot is that you are a lazy mage from a good family being sent on a mission that he has to finish before coming back. You also, of course, like sex with the womenfolk. But then the game immediately loses focus and sprawls into a non-linear nightmare of grinding and gathering quests.

The game has this ui button that you can open to see all the active quest chains. That is fine. It shows you all the active quests. That is fine. But when active quests can't be advanced for no real reason, because you have to advance another entirely unrelated quest before the interaction unlocks then you have problems. When you have 5+ unrelated quest chains that can only be completed in an arbitrary order, its a BIG problem. When you add that to the fact that random advancements of quests unlock interactions to start new quests that the game doesnt tell you about, its a massive problem. And then you add arbitrary, pointless, wait times to many quest steps, most of which aren't telegraphed. And then you add people a morning/midday/afternoon/night system where many characters are only available for one of the four. And then you add a UI that requires you to go through sometimes 10+ button presses to get from certain areas to other areas. And then you add untelegraphed pixel hunting sections for things when your game has like 30 or so areas. And then you add fade times between interactions with objects. And then you add people appearing out of nowhere in one of your two sleeping areas but only at one time of day. And then you add unreasonable money costs to everything. And then you add 2 separate crafting systems that add almost nothing to the game and take many, many clicks to deal with.

And then you put a gun in your mouth.

Improvements:
    Fix the UI - places like the bar and magic college should be WAY easier to navigate:
    -Something like a box of buttons in the top right corner which has a picture of each room on the top floor - below that the second floor - below that the bottom floor. Having to press dozens of oddly positioned buttons to go anywhere, having multiple hallways that are only ever used as hubs, all of that is bullshit.
    -Put a button on the main screen to teleport to and from the college, and make the college a map similar to the village. The way its laid out adds nothing except time wasting and frustration.

Remove pixel hunting sections. To get panties, ask the girls you control for them. EASY.

Make people more available. Having many of them only available at one time is bullshit.

Add notes to every quest icon in the log if it is currently unavailable, and note what other quest steps will make them available.

Get rid of wait times, like days of travel for Disar and the making stuff in the forge, AND the waiting two plus days for each of the quest steps with patricia, the assassin, and the angry girl you kidnap.

Add better ways of making money. Disar could control your family's finances and give you shit whenever you make progress as a reward. The grind adds nothing, and making indignant comments to players in and out of the game about it is insulting to the audience.

Get rid of the crafting systems. Have recipes be unlocked by reading and then just spend gold on the potions at the crafting table, the MC can say he sent for the ingredients through the portal or disar. The potions are only used a couple of times anyway. The goblin system is worse. Making you buy silver from the goblins in order to buy tools is just pointless. It costs the same amount of gold, it just adds like 20 button presses to get each robot mining thing. It doesnt add challenge, its just busywork. Same with the forge stuff, just increase the gold cost, dont make us buy a bunch of pointless trash AND pay gold.

Fix the animations.

Hire an english editor. the use of the word agree in this game is probably the most memorably egregious and repetitious.

Make it so you can't sequence break the plot. I told the angry treasure hunter girl Id killed the demon guarding the ruins before I had done it. Most of the stuff with patricia can be done out of order.

Give the players more information about the overarching plot. The game took me hours to play but I have no more information about the mystery than when I started. Which is just not good writing.

If you fix all of that the game will be great. Unique setting, good art, varied characters and situations. Until then its like bashing your head against a wall in hopes that youll find some good shit behind it. But there are only ever more walls. And an occasional boob.