Unity - Completed - Witch's Rhythm Puzzle [v1.04] [Forgime]

• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
  1. 2.00 star(s)

Cendarn

What happens when you create a rhythm puzzle game, and completely remove the rhythm aspect by creating puzzles which do not sync to the music you are hearing at all? Well, you get this pile of garbage.

At first, the game is quite easy. The puzzles will start off generally syncing to the music, and there's a decent enjoyable flow to your inputs.

Then come the later stages. You will notice, should you choose to torture yourself with this, that the later stages blow massive chunks of ass. The rhythm aspect is entirely discarded as the music will not even be remotely matched to the timing of the inputs. Not even slightly, and I'd be staggered if they made any effort at all to do so. If anything, you're better off playing in absolute silence so that you are not misled by the music. You will be relying entirely on your eyesight in order to get the proper timing on these later puzzles.

Even ignoring the musical aspect, the puzzle elements that they introduce become increasingly less and less fun. Eventually, they will start scrolling the blocks that you drop several spots to the side after every set of inputs, completely changing the timing of the inputs you need you need to press, and not allowing you to establish a rhythm. There will be no good flow to the inputs, they will simply speed up and down in ways that don't create a satisfying feeling, and instead feel like a frantic button mashing mess, because it is. You'll be sitting around waiting for blocks to scroll into the proper position so that you're able to put a piece on them, and having to wait for multiple passes as the game randomly decided that every other pass of potential inputs should alternate in different sized pieces to drop. It's about as fun as having someone sit next to you while you're playing a game and every minute or so try to rip the controller out of your hands.

It simply becomes a miserable mess to play in later stages. God awful. The only thing keeping this above 1 star for me is that I think the art is a little neat, and the first howevermanystages are fine. Recommended for people who are considering strangling someone and are looking for something to push them over the edge.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

HardDeterminist

There is content here, it's just the the gameplay is repetitive and just involves clicking in order to drop a block at the right time. It's fine, but my experience wasn't more than average. The nude art is... present... but it doesn't really do much to make this a must-play adult game.

However, as a quick puzzle game, it is worth downloading.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

413-X

Really fun! The music is nice and the gameplay is simple enough that it allows itself to go and add a few things every other level. Short and Sweet I´ll say. And LOVE the different character designs. It´s really good it has many gamplay options to adapt to your liking
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Cloud73

[Review of v1.04 on 10/11/2023]

Short, simple, sweet, and to the point. I enjoyed playing this.

Imagine if Tetris used mostly single-cell blocks, but you had to press a key to drop the block in rhythm with a song to determine where that block will fall. Strip some ladies naked by clearing enough blocks, and you get this game.

It's beautifully simple in design, but there are some devilish tricks employed -- some songs will use non-standard rhythms to throw you off, and there are some beats in the rhythm that will drop non-standard blocks or have alternative effects. One that tripped me up was when a certain beat passed, all the blocks would invert -- the trick is to be patient and wait for them to invert again, or perfectly clear the row before the invert happens again.

I only knocked a star off because this didn't really get enough content from this to masturbate with. The art is nice, but there's no animation, and no actual sex -- it's all just still frames of naked girls.

Maybe I'm just jaded. Tits are tits, and fun game is fun.