VN Ren'Py [WIP] I'm making my first NTR visual novel

Monozaki

Mar 11, 2024
I just wanna say Hi to the community and maybe get some feedback for my VN.

This VN will explore themes like corrupion, NTR(unavoidable), interracial, femdom, cheating... If these arent what you typically enjoy in a VN then maaaybe skip this thread.

The story is set in the modern world but with some medieval fantasy element weave into it. The main character (the player will pick a name for him) is a farmer in his early 20s living alone in the country side. He inherited the farm from his father and has been living off of it ever since he got out of highschool.
One night he found a mysterious unconscious girl wearing armor on his farm (lucky guy). She claim that her name is Celes and she's a knight that come from another world. She has no knowledge of this world and have nowhere to go. The MC offered to take her in. They start living together and develop a deep emotional connection.
But farming alone isnt exactly the most profitable business in this day and age, and MC want to eventually move to the big city to pursue a different career, and to show Celes a world beyond his small isolated farm, a world of corruption and temptation...

Here are the previews for some of the characters

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What do you think of the girls ?

Also I'm about over a hundred renders into making this VN, but I'm still unsure on when should I release the first version. What is a good size for a first release ?

Here's my discord server if anyone insterested. I've be posting regular update there as I progress

Last edited:

Sir Gary Bummer

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
The characters look great, I especially like the cute redhead. The setting you're going with seems like it has a lot of potential too.

Most of the really good VN's go for a similar setup to TV-shows. An overarching story line, but every episode has its own subplot. If that's what you're going for, you probably want to aim for resolving a subplot in your first release. It can be a simple subplot, as long as it also progresses the main story, or a character arc.
Since it's the first release you'll probably also want to introduce things like characters, the main plot, the setting, and the tone.

As for size, it's hard to say. The amount of renders don't really indicate how far the story has moved, since devs greatly vary in average amount of text per render. Your first release gives an indication of what to expect in subsequent updates, it sets expectations.
This mean it's definitely a good idea to put some extra effort into polishing the first release, get a nice main menu going and stuff like that. Make the game look high effort.

TLDR: Introduce things, resolve a subplot, put effort into UI stuff. Once you feel all of this is in place you probably have a solid first release.

I wish you the best of luck with the game!

Reactions: Monozaki

Monozaki

Mar 11, 2024
The characters look great, I especially like the cute redhead. The setting you're going with seems like it has a lot of potential too.

Most of the really good VN's go for a similar setup to TV-shows. An overarching story line, but every episode has its own subplot. If that's what you're going for, you probably want to aim for resolving a subplot in your first release. It can be a simple subplot, as long as it also progresses the main story, or a character arc.
Since it's the first release you'll probably also want to introduce things like characters, the main plot, the setting, and the tone.

As for size, it's hard to say. The amount of renders don't really indicate how far the story has moved, since devs greatly vary in average amount of text per render. Your first release gives an indication of what to expect in subsequent updates, it sets expectations.
This mean it's definitely a good idea to put some extra effort into polishing the first release, get a nice main menu going and stuff like that. Make the game look high effort.

TLDR: Introduce things, resolve a subplot, put effort into UI stuff. Once you feel all of this is in place you probably have a solid first release.

I wish you the best of luck with the game!
Thankyou for your response! I have a gist of how I should handle the first release now, I think.

Reactions: Sir Gary Bummer

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
The girls are beautiful i am already in love with the girl in the latex catsuit she looks dominant and sexy as hell i cant wait to be her sex slave and worship the ground she walks on, also the renders looks fantastic you have done amazing work(y)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
The girls look good however id maybe consider changing the looks of the first girl ( the blonde). As much as I love her looks the best she resembles the looks of Maya way to much from Being a Dik it's not a bad thing exactly but it does look better if you give them your kind of twist to their appearance, even if it's a small change like the hairstyle just to make them feel more unique you know.

Reactions: submissive -Ben83

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I wouldnt it i think it is kinda hot maya is in this a proper femdom game that has femdom in it unlike BDIK, maya is a soft lesbo, In this i hope she is dominant as hell :LOL:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I wouldnt it i think it is kinda hot maya is in this a proper femdom game that has femdom in it unlike BDIK, maya is a soft lesbo, In this i hope she is dominant as hell :LOL:
as long that is optional (y) got nothing against Femdom but when I see characters that look to much like others sometimes it's hard for me to play their path especially if they act way too differently haha. Varies from character to character of course. So I think femdom Maya would be hard for me to play even if her personality is she is a bitch instead of sweet and innocent.

• Red Heart
Reactions: submissive -Ben83

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
as long that is optional (y) got nothing against Femdom but when I see characters that look to much like others sometimes it's hard for me to play their path especially if they act way too differently haha. Varies from character to character of course. So I think femdom Maya would be hard for me to play even if her personality is she is a bitch instead of sweet and innocent.
ah yeah i didnt really think about that :) you made a good point there, it wouldnt bother me tho but everyone is different. I would like all femdom with the girls in bdik but dont want to discuss that in another devs game thread :LOL:.

she is gorgeous tho beautiful eyes

Monozaki

Mar 11, 2024
The girls are beautiful i am already in love with the girl in the latex catsuit she looks dominant and sexy as hell i cant wait to be her sex slave and worship the ground she walks on, also the renders looks fantastic you have done amazing work(y)
Glad you like it!

submissive -Ben83

Feb 16, 2020
I forgot to ask what are the avoidable tags in the game? I am not really into getting pissed on/drinking, eating cum, sissification. If they are in your game can they be avoided?

LobRiefield

Feb 9, 2024
The girls look good however id maybe consider changing the looks of the first girl ( the blonde). As much as I love her looks the best she resembles the looks of Maya way to much from Being a Dik it's not a bad thing exactly but it does look better if you give them your kind of twist to their appearance, even if it's a small change like the hairstyle just to make them feel more unique you know.
Eh i dont think it's a problem, they have the same premade Daz3d hair asset and thats about it.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Eh i dont think it's a problem, they have the same premade Daz3d hair asset and thats about it.
like I said not a bad thing but something to consider since if you can tweak something to feel a bit unique, it's always makes it better, especially if it's from a popular game.