• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others WinRar

Grimlock18

Dec 31, 2018
Hi all,
Having trouble with a few WinRar files when i go to unzip them i get a message saying 'cannot open 7zxa.dll' I've looked into this but cant seem to come up with a working solution.
Any help is greatly apricated

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
If 7zxa.dll is missing or corrupted, it can impact many applications, including the operating system, which can prevent you from doing your job or using critical features in critical software.

Run SFC
sfc for corrupted DLL

The safest way to repair missing or corrupted 7zxa.dll file caused by your Windows operating system, is to run the built-in System File Checker, which replaces missing or corrupted system files.

To do this, right-click the Start button on your Windows 10 computer to open the WinX menu and click the Command Prompt (Admin) link.

In the CMD window, copy the following command and press Enter :

sfc /scannow

The scan may take 10 minutes, and if it is successfully completed, you must restart your PC. Running sfc /scannow in safe mode or at startup can give better results.

or

you can download new copy of that dll file but you have be careful

Fortunately, the process of installing 7zxa.dll is quite simple. In short, all you have to do is copy the original DLL file into C:\Windows\System32. Once the .DLL has been copied, run the following command: regsvr32 7zxa.dll and your .DLL will be successfully installed.

more info here

Reactions: Grimlock18