• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM - Completed - Wife Stealing Inn [v1.00] [Golden Cat]

1. 3.00 star(s)

SmokeycornFlakes

Giving this game a 3 feels weirdly generous on my part. Its not that it is bad but for an NTR it is lacking for sure. The endings are very short too.

This game needs to have twice the amount of scenes and more from the MC perspective. A bit lacking on the couples relatationship. The plot is simple but not bad.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

JacarandaSun

There is one point to hammer as to why this game isn't that good:

It's nice at face value, as the art is enjoyable and the concept, while not new or unique, hasn't been done to death yet. The game falls off because it lacks lewd content. You play a h-game for the lewd content. If there isn't much at all, then why waste your time with it? The game does well with the corruption aspect, as any good NTR game should. But again, as I said, there isn't a lot of actual h-content or variety in the h-content. There's also a lot of grind for minimal payoff if you go the "pure" route, so it isn't even worth going for. On top of that, any NTR game that features a pure route should have, at minimum, one scene with the couple. This does not.

You need quality and some quantity with h-scenes in a h-game, this game lacks the latter to a terrible degree.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

subaru_dono

This is a game that I feel is more than the sum of its parts. The gameplay, story and art are all more than adequate but not exceptional. Eliza's design is great, and you do get to see her in a variety of positions but those images get reused in multiple scenes, ~18 sex scenes.

What qualifies this game as a 4/5 in the eyes of this NTR fan/vicarious cuck is the process by which Eliza gradually falls into the arms of her former lover. The progression of her corruption is tied to your performance as her husband in gathering money. If you're making fast progress, she'll never even consider turning to the other man. The non-inevitability of her infidelity makes it much more enticing to me. She only falls to lust if we as the player fail and neglect her concerns, and her corruption will pause if we make gains toward our financial goal.

It's my favorite kind of NTR, Avoidable NTR.

It is funny that there are ZERO images of the protagonist with her.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

LonerPrime

Another game by a dev who has his art and gameplay on point but falls miserably in the CG quantity department. He takes a handful of them and keeps recycling it branding it as "new event". Either this dev never learns beyond his usual troupe or he is too comfortable in his style to care.

All in all, a good enough game that suffers in how it's presented. For the amount of grind it demands, the story you get is no way near a fair trade. Granted, kill nothing in the dungeon and keep returning home and you will get the majority of the story but then the immersion gets completely shot.

Overall, a solid 6.5/10 and a missed opportunity to make something with replay-ability value. Honestly, I enjoyed playing "Inn My Wife" more as the dev made sure to focus on the short story rather than any gameplay. Here, I got no satisfaction experiencing either the story or the game play.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

soulslikegal

Nice game that doesn't try to be something special.
    Overall, the story is avarage, and it doesn't need to be something new or cool, this is the different kind of game. I enjoyed the art and, surprisingly, music and dungeon clearing gameplay.
    Also it was quite interesting to go for good ending, albeit, I thought that good ending cutscene would be more rewarding. It's a good decision to make a jrpg style battle only with bosses. Fighting with everyone would be too tiresome.
    To sum up, this game is mid and it isn't a bad thing. Would I remember it after some time? Maybe. Is this game worth 5 stars? Of course it's not. So the perfect score, for me, is 4. Thank you for reading and I hope someone will find this review helpful!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

M3lly

I think this game is catered to an audience that likes NTR.
    If you play this game just to avoid NTR, I think there would be much content other than some meaningless grinding.

How I play the game was to just select adventuring and head right back home without killing any monsters. I end the day with minimal grinding, 0 gold earned, and progress the story where the couple does not have enough gold. Which eventually led to the wife having to take on "certain jobs" to help with the income.

The corruption was pretty good. There isn't much art but the ones they have are nice enough. I don't think this game deserves the 1 star review posted earlier. Be fair, people..
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Back

Tsuma Tori no Yado, aka Wife Stealing Inn, is a pretty basic RPGM game with a netorare theme. The male MC will go about adventuring to accumulate money while his wife minds the inn. This way they can finally start a family without having to worry about massive debt and living expenses. In games like these, I always go for the happy or the best ending. Unfortunately, there's not a single scene for pursing this path and for actually doing well in the RPG aspect of the game. It's one of those games where the player must deliberately lose in order to see any scenes. Frankly, I hate that. (And I admit to not seeing the scenes firsthand due to that.) Surprisingly, even the gallery does not unlock unseen scenes when the best ending is achieved.

Setting that aside, this is through-and-through an NTR game. The wife will be pursued by an antagonist and all the scenes will revolve around them. There's no doubt that NTR fans will enjoy it. It feels like a missed opportunity, however, for not being given the choice to encourage the wife or having her fall into the clutches of other potential partners from the patrons of their inn or from the monsters seen in the RPG part of the game.

Speaking of which, the RPG aspect of the game is pretty decent. The maps are detailed enough and populated with a fair amount of creatures. The game, fortunately, does not have too much of a grind with basic mobs being immediately mowed down by the MC without transitioning into a combat window. Drops from them and the chests around the maps are generous which really speeds up unnecessary gameplay. The only combat in the game comes when the MC chooses to engage each area boss which have their own variety of preferred attacks making them unique from one another. It's a forgettable experience, but hey it ain't bad and isn't bogged down by unnecessary mechanics.

Another thing worth mentioning, the game is translated quite well! @archedio translated this game and did a very good job, and is deserving of praise. There are very few untranslated moon runes left in the game which are all encountered in boss combat messages. It's very readable with correct spelling and well constructed sentence structure, and contains few grammatical mistakes. This is not a straight MTL and it is evident that care was put into its translation. Bravo.

Overall, it's a pretty average game. Not bad; not great. NTR fans would enjoy it.

Pros -- Decent RPG with pretty good art. Story is understandable and well-written. Multiple endings.
    Cons -- Missed opportunity to see the wife with multiple partners. NTR only scene art. More art would have been nice.

Bonus! Here's the complete art gallery. Obviously, a spoiler: https://e-hentai.org/g/2529875/f62dc431f1/.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

burn3287

TBH its actually a decently fun RPG. There isn't as much lewd content as you probably want from fap material, but the "Holy shit just work your normal Job instead of getting beaten half to death in a volcano" marriage dynamic is fun and the corruption is fun to watch even if its a bit slow. I feel like it is probably worth what you're going to pay for it. ;)
  9. 1.00 star(s)

dhenfreitas

It's a great trap...
    I mean, the game has a nice art, a nice concept
    It's just so short, lacking content
    Could be so much more, it's not even worth it trying, got really frustrated from this one
    More than half of the whole art of the game is just a bunch of expressions, and has like 4 sex scenes