Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
lain.gif

Wicked Choices - Clean UI Mod

Game/Creator: /
Modder:

Features:
The default textbox background and quick menu cover a lot of the screen so I made a better textbox and removed the quick menu. The textbox is now transparent so it doesn't prevent you from seeing the entire lower fourth of images.

Installation:
Just unzip the mod and put the "game" folder from the mod in your "WickedChoices-pc" folder.

Download:

lain.gif lain2.gif

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I really need to plya the game from the start again and do other options since i don't remember that scene that you used!

Reactions: Palanto

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Nice idea. Can you make your mostly transparent box do the gradual fade like the original? I find the hard edge of your box jarring compared to the original.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Nice idea. Can you make your mostly transparent box do the gradual fade like the original? I find the hard edge of your box jarring compared to the original.
Getting the gradient to look good with the small space between the text and the edge would be pretty tedious so I don't think so, sorry.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well you're a modder? :D Why don't you use the renpy included black transparent textbox, reduce the opacity of it some more in the gui.rpy and you're good to go ;) Looks exactly like yours but with the gradient still inside ;)
textbox.png

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
Great work. It looks better now. But, with all respect.. I like quick menu. So I brought it back (font size 15) -

Reactions: Regardie
L

leetitoldu

i tried game with WickedChoices-6.1.0-pc-squashed and its looping back to earlier scenes

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I'm curious can't you just use click the center mouse button to remove the textbox, then hit it again to return the textbox, (there's also another keypad button(s) that also remove the textbox but I can't remember the 2 buttons). I believe this is a standard for all Ren'py made games! Unless the dev or his/hers team did something to prevent this from being used. Since a mod was made I'm guessing there's no way to disable the Quick Menu in the games main UI settings?

Reactions: Vasilji

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm curious can't you just use click the center mouse button to remove the textbox, then hit it again to return the textbox, (there's also another keypad button(s) that also remove the textbox but I can't remember the 2 buttons). I believe this is a standard for all Ren'py made games! Unless the dev or his/hers team did something to prevent this from being used. Since a mod was made I'm guessing there's no way to disable the Quick Menu in the games main UI settings?
You can still do the center mouse click to hide the textbox without the mod, but it's annoying to have to keep doing it so that's why I make clean UI mods so you don't have to middle click the mouse at all. And no, there is no way to disable the quick menu in-game.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I've seen this game but never played it, played other (very few) Ren'py games not a big fan of them. But since this one is complete and I can't stop looking at the 3rd girl to the right (short hair, black leather or latex dress) I'll play it out. And use your mod!

Zaon

Dec 20, 2017
How hard would it be to also reduce the text box and font size?

Edit:
And could it be applied to other Ren'Py games? This is one thing that consistently bugs me about most of them...

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
if anyone else finds this Grey on DarkGrey hard to read as well, change the 2nd line of the .rpy file to:
define gui.dialogue_text_outlines = [ (0, "#000000", 1, 1) ]

(simply change the 2 2's for 2 1's) and it'll be white text, a lot easier to read.

h4xoor

Donor
Dec 2, 2018
The file of the mega link has been deleted, didnt found it on your patreon neither. Can you re-upload it please?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote