gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
well, the theme of the game is how small decisions changes the outcome of situations. The whole introduction is dedicated to showcase this

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Darkaura actually there were clues, also the minute that someone "THINKS" this is what they should do, when actually they have a connection to the person they are going to see and "KNOWS" where they should go, would be a pretty good indication that the person is lost or distracted... also, you'd know that the person is distracted if they are staring off into space and frigging themselves... pretty good indication... just saying.

You are entitled to your opinion, it's not your type of game, you didn't like it... we get it, it's OK... our game isn't for everyone or to everyone's tastes... as for the comment about the writing, doesn't bother me, I make a pretty damn nice living as a writer and have a pretty good following for my novels, like our game, my writing isn't for everyone... there are some who like everything handed to them on a silver platter before a show's opening credits roll and there are some that want to work and discover the answers before the character in the show discovers who the killer is, or what the big secret is... our game is the latter... you're going to have to work for it or just wait till the writer (myself) tells you... but I do try to keep it so readers (and players in this case) exercises a little common sense... if you know the oven is hot, you aren't going to stick your head in it. Or... I'd at least hope not.

As for Protagonist/Antagonist and goals... duh. Hell, even the BIBLE has all of those elements, wasn't just George Lucas who created Star Wars that came up with the formula... these are common elements every writer knows and they are THERE in the story... if you read it... which I think you got so frustrated that you just stopped, or had a concept in your head that the game's story didn't match and you were more focused on ways to Poo Poo it than actually enjoy it... and that's OK too.

But, I will assure you, I am NOT changing my game, nor the story... it is what it is, either like it or don't, play it or don't, but there is no way that I am going to go the Big Brother route... for better or worse, the story is what it is and shall be, if people like it, great... if not, again, that's OK too.

Sorry it wasn't to your liking, as I said previously, hope you find one that does... but I am pretty happy with what I've accomplished and done and others seem to think so too, so I'm good. Thank you.

Last edited:

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
@Darkaura actually there were clues, also the minute that someone "THINKS" this is what they should do, when actually they have a connection to the person they are going to see and "KNOWS" where they should go, would be a pretty good indication that the person is lost or distracted... also, you'd know that the person is distracted if they are staring off into space and frigging themselves... pretty good indication... just saying.

You are entitled to your opinion, it's not your type of game, you didn't like it... we get it, it's OK... our game isn't for everyone or to everyone's tastes... as for the comment about the writing, doesn't bother me, I make a pretty damn nice living as a writer and have a pretty good following for my novels, like our game, my writing isn't for everyone... there are some who like everything handed to them on a silver platter before a show's opening credits roll and there are some that want to work and discover the answers before the character in the show discovers who the killer is, or what the big secret is... our game is the latter... you're going to have to work for it or just wait till the writer (myself) tells you... but I do try to keep it so readers (and players in this case) exercises a little common sense... if you know the oven is hot, you aren't going to stick your head in it. Or... I'd at least hope not.

As for Protagonist/Antagonist and goals... duh. Hell, even the BIBLE has all of those elements, wasn't just George Lucas who created Star Wars that came up with the formula... these are common elements every writer knows and they are THERE in the story... if you read it... which I think you got so frustrated that you just stopped, or had a concept in your head that the game's story didn't match and you were more focused on ways to Poo Poo it than actually enjoy it... and that's OK too.

But, I will assure you, I am NOT changing my game, nor the story... it is what it is, either like it or don't, play it or don't, but there is no way that I am going to go the Big Brother route... for better or worse, the story is what it is and shall be, if people like it, great... if not, again, that's OK too.

Sorry it wasn't to your liking, as I said previously, hope you find one that does... but I am pretty happy with what I've accomplished and done and others seem to think so too, so I'm good. Thank you.
Honest to God, you know what Lynara, walking in the woods reminded me of ? When Gautama first went outside the Palace, and found out about Famine, Poverty, Disease, and Death. He lived such a sheltered life, that all these things were new to him, and he simply didn't knew what to do with them. Oh, and that "hidden bonus " , very 90's , nice ! Like taking up a sledgehammer, and bang the freagin' fourth wall to smitherines.

Reactions: ASLPro3D
U

User_32285

I have to admit that I like walkthroughs (in general), not because I want to be told what to do at each choice, but I want to know if I missed anything (and find it during second playthrough).

p.s. i think your (the developers) project is going well, you usually dont get his kind of interest (views), without suddenly introducing NTR ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Honest to God, you know what Lynara, walking in the woods reminded me of ? When Gautama first went outside the Palace, and found out about Famine, Poverty, Disease, and Death. He lived such a sheltered life, that all these things were new to him, and he simply didn't knew what to do with them. Oh, and that "hidden bonus " , very 90's , nice ! Like taking up a sledgehammer, and bang the freagin' fourth wall to smitherines.
I actually had to loop Gautama up to see what you were referring to, @Thornhill , but after reading some of his account, I can certainly see the parallel!

As the writer, I approached Lynara as a young girl (although in human years she is over 160 yrs old) who's never been outside of the castle walls... all of her experiences is that of a girl who's never left the backyard of her home or aware of the world lies beyond the fence and gate...

...I wanted to do her that way, first as a Queen that is 'over protective of the Princess' and secondly, the stark contrast and confusing emotions she'll experience once she enters the 'human realm', her innocence and naiveté can lead her into interesting situations and trouble... if you get my meaning... ;)

If you are talking about the after credit scene, as the breach of the fourth wall, yeah, I certainly wanted to do something really special for the Patrons, admittedly, though it was a little weird to do a 3D likeness of myself for it. LOL

Reactions: Thornhill

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I have to admit that I like walkthroughs (in general), not because I want to be told what to do at each choice, but I want to know if I missed anything (and find it during second playthrough).

p.s. i think your (the developers) project is going well, you usually dont get his kind of interest (views), without suddenly introducing NTR ;)
In that instance, I can certainly agree with you @rideroftheapocalypse though I've never really done it for visual novels, even the Japanese ones that I play a lot... I just usually save before every choice to be made and then backtrack through the choices to unlock everything... I get a bit anal sometimes in my gameplay. :rolleyes:

Because of that, I never considered the concept of needing one for our own since it is kind of a 'short play' game...

I will admit that I am even surprised by the level of interest our title has received and much appreciative of all the kind words, feedback and praise that we've been getting here and at Patreon... particularly since I kind of feel that I haven't even really gotten to the 'good stuff' yet, still setting the story up and introducing the characters.

I think the true test will come with December's "Wicked Choices: Chapter Three" when a HUGE secret about the MC's destiny is truly explained and revealed.... and hopefully I don't have a crowd of people storming me with pitchforks!! o_O

But, personally, people will finally get a little taste of how my warped mind works when creating stories. :eek:penedeyewink:

Reactions: lacikris

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Took a break from the game some today to do these character profiles of "Carina the Handmaiden" for anyone interested...

Carina01.png

*** WARNING – May Contain Spoilers ***

Carina the Handmaiden is not only Princess Lynara’s personal servant and bodyguard, but also Lynara’s best and only friend.

Born between the forbidden union between a human and a Nephilim and almost the same age as Princess Lynara, of over 160 human years of age, Carina was adopted into servitude by Queen Azera who order Carina’s parents to be executed before raising Carina to be Lynara’s companion and living doll.

But among years of growing up together, the bond between the two girls transcended beyond mere servant and royalty and into an inescapable union of deep friendship between Princess and the ‘half-breed’…

…a friendship of such magnitude that as Carina began to undergo the ‘age of maturity’, that she began to find herself longing to be more than just friends with the princess… but also lovers!

Is Carina’s feelings for Princess Lynara’s one-sided?

Will the Handmaiden’s desires remain forever unrequited or this new adventure, that they are about to undertake, allow the two women the chance to explore more than just the fantasies that Carina’s been having about her friend?

And… will she be able to protect Princess Lynara from the ‘Antichrist’?

Carina02.png

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
?
What route is that? What significant delta do you see between this game and BB, that you wish to avoid?
Based upon numerous people that I talked to, and various forum wars I've seen, and from playing the game myself, the creator (talented as they are) decided to break away from the story that they originally conceived and created to changing the story mid-way into it to cater to a particular genre of fans... and in doing so, the storytelling of the game took a serious nose dive... in particular because the writer choose to alter all of their plans and original story and write from the 'cuff' sort of speak.

My story will remain constant; it has a beginning, a middle and an end... and while I might throw a little something in there if there are requests for a certain kind of content, as long as it doesn't alter my original plans and goals, the fact remains... the story is what it is and it is going to remain that way, period.

Love it or hate it, it is MINE to tell and tell it I WILL, whether I have a million fans or just one.

You don't like it, you've stated it repeatedly. I accept that and, truly, I wish you the best in finding what you are looking for... but I assure you, if you don't like what you've seen thus far, you are only wasting your time in this thread... because I don't change for anyone but myself.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
I don't change for anyone but myself.
Ah, I see. So no future Patreon polls for which content to develop, or which character to feature next, or which outfit, like BB, Summertime Saga, DMD, or Dreams of Desire?

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Ah, I see. So no future Patreon polls for which content to develop, or which character to feature next, or which outfit, like BB, Summertime Saga, DMD, or Dreams of Desire?
I do that, I've done that and I've done it (if you checked my Patreon page) but if you want to make a point MAKE IT, because really... your baiting is getting tiring...

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Always been here. Your game is always on my watch list. Just finished Ch.1. Enjoyed the story and waiting for Ch.2. :)
Remind me to check the shanty or outhouse before I go thinking you got lost next time. :D Glad you liked it!!

Reactions: Crusoe

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
Big Brother not a good example though . He was doing false advertisement. Game and what was advertised 180 degree opposite. People felt cheated. And its not like 4-5 people's whining. There is more then 1200 comment under his 0.4 update. Almost %70-80 percent negative. It was a revolt. He had a choice. He choose money. Honestly I felt bad for him but he deserved it.
Yes as a creator you are gonna make YOUR game. You can do whatever you like. But being honest to people who support you also important. As long as you do that you don't have much problems anyway.
Note; Liked your game. Keep it coming.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
... your baiting is getting tiring...
Pretty sure I've just given my honest feedback, and not just trolling.

I'm just saying that those like BB, DMD, DoD, etc... who solicit feedback, and incorporate it into their games make patrons happy, and your tone, that you are going to do you, damn the torpedoes, is fine, but may not be as successful.

For example, when Dark Cookie added the "panty-quest" I called it out as an unclued, un-fun, bug magnet, and now he's actually going to fix it.

If you take issue with my criticisms: that your text is overdone (I'd argue it's a visual medium, don't say it, show it), your renders have flaws (especially the lighting on close-ups with the mouths), your pathing is not so much fun to navigate, and your H-Scenes are disappointing (needs more flirting and CHOICES), then fine. I've just seen better from LewdLab, DarkSilver, Vren, TK800, MrDots, saddoggames, etc. All of whom I patron.

I will say your Ren'py and renders are far better than mine, and the game is bug-free than most, it does not lack for content even if it's not my bag.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Big Brother not a good example though . He was doing false advertisement. Game and what was advertised 180 degree opposite. People felt cheated. And its not like 4-5 people's whining. There is more then 1200 comment under his 0.4 update. Almost %70-80 percent negative. It was a revolt. He had a choice. He choose money. Honestly I felt bad for him but he deserved it.
Yes as a creator you are gonna make YOUR game. You can do whatever you like. But being honest to people who support you also important. As long as you do that you don't have much problems anyway.
Note; Liked your game. Keep it coming.
Thank you for the clarification, @elmandor !! I tried to stick with it for a month or two after, but it just... it didn't work for me anymore and had to stop supporting it.

I will always be honest to people who support me, either financially or through constructive feedback, so I don't expect any problems for our game now or in the future.

Also thank you for the added note about our work, it is greatly appreciated!!

Reactions: elmandor

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Pretty sure I've just given my honest feedback, and not just trolling.

I'm just saying that those like BB, DMD, DoD, etc... who solicit feedback, and incorporate it into their games make patrons happy, and your tone, that you are going to do you, damn the torpedoes, is fine, but may not be as successful.

For example, when Dark Cookie added the "panty-quest" I called it out as an unclued, un-fun, bug magnet, and now he's actually going to fix it.

If you take issue with my criticisms: that your text is overdone (I'd argue it's a visual medium, don't say it, show it), your renders have flaws (especially the lighting on close-ups with the mouths), your pathing is not so much fun to navigate, and your H-Scenes are disappointing (needs more flirting and CHOICES), then fine. I've just seen better from LewdLab, DarkSilver, Vren, TK800, MrDots, saddoggames, etc. All of whom I patron.

I will say your Ren'py and renders are far better than mine, and the game is bug-free than most, it does not lack for content even if it's not my bag.
Sorry couldn't get back to reply to anything till the DNS of the site sorted itself back out...

I don't have a problem with criticism, only the manner in which it is delivered... when delivered with a state of finality to it, then it is best to just thank the person and let the person move on to something that they will consider more to their taste and liking... as I've done with you.

There are ALWAYS going to be better games than my own for some people... more so when you take into consideration my limited programming abilities as they currently are.

Our game isn't going to be for everyone, it is a FACT, disappointing as it may be, it is an inevitable truth and one that I am, as I've stated repeatedly, OK with.

I've HEARD your comments/suggestions, opinions and criticism... I've listened and acknowledged it... I am good, thank you. And, AGAIN, I thank you for your time and wish you best in all you do and that you find something more to your liking... take care!

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes